If Vizio TV Netflix not working, we have just the best solutions for you! By the end of this guide, you will have your Netflix up and running on your Vizio TV.
Here we’re providing transparency on ALL possible causes and their respective solutions!
First, reload Netflix and check your internet connection and the network’s state. Next, try power cycling your Vizio TV in case the issue is with the software. Lastly, check your account, clear your TV’s cache and factory reset Vizio TV.
Now, let’s review what are the possible causes that may be preventing you from playing Netflix on your Vizio TV.
The most widely populated answer to this question is a “missing internet question” since Netflix services are rarely down.
Although it is possible that you’re using a VPN that you’re not aware of, thus the temporary IP may not be able to reach the servers.
Below, we have provided all scenarios where you will be unable to access and stream on Netflix through your Vizio TV:
1. Network/Internet Issue
Missing an internet connection on your Vizio TV will prevent you from accessing Netflix and streaming any content through it.
2. Account Issue
If your account has been blocked or you have a VPN enabled, this might be the reason why you’re unable to access Netflix.
3. Outdated Netflix/Vizio TV
Outdated version of your Netflix or Vizio TV might also cause this issue.
4. Full Memory
If your Vizio TV’s memory has been filled, it is possible that it cannot support streaming and the Netflix platform.
An outage or maintenance going on with Netflix might also prevent you from accessing the content.
These are the occasions in which you won’t be able to reach and stream on Netflix so let’s move on to the actual solutions and get your issue fixed in a matter of minutes!
Before we proceed, check the Netflix server status from the online web page to determine if there is an outage going on.
In addition to that, you can try rebooting your Vizio TV to re-do the connection and save yourself some time off of pointless troubleshooting.
Lastly, take a look at whether your subscription with Netflix has expired and renew it if it did.
Once you’re ready with the obvious preparation, and the problem is still there, proceed to apply the solutions in the order they are listed:
A quick solution to the issue is to restart your Netflix and quickly reconnect with the platform.
Follow the steps down below to restart the Netflix app & reconnect with the servers in a few easy steps:
- Grab your Vizio TV and press the “Rewind” button to close the Netflix app. (With older TV models it will work with the “Home” button).
- Once the Netflix app is closed, re-open it and wait for it to load.
- If the issue is still there, tap on the “Reconnect” button on the unloaded Netflix home screen to reconnect with the servers.
If reconnecting didn’t work either, proceed with the next solution to learn how to hard reset your Vizio TV easily.
In most cases, the problem is related to the TV and not with Netflix.
A hard reset on your Vizio TV will actively discharge the device out of any remaining electricity and resolve any temporal power fluctuations your device may have.
Follow the steps down below to hard reset your Vizio TV actively, in an attempt to fix your Netflix:
- Turn OFF your Vizio TV by pressing the power button on the remote once.
- Wait for the TV to shut down and unplug the power adapter from the outlet.
- Wait for another 5 minutes and replug the TV.
- Start your TV and test.
Use a proven power source to supply your TV with power to avoid potential fluctuations that may have developed. If the issue is still there, the problem might be coming from your network so let’s find out!
The majority of the users who have app issues report that the issue is found with your Vizio TV’s connection with the internet.
Below we have prepared some quick steps to fix your internet connection:
Hard reset your router
Same as with your TV, unplug the power adapter of your router, wait for 5 minutes, and plug it back in.
Re-attach all cables
Reconnect all cables in your router & modem configuration and make sure everything is attached properly and all cables are resting in a natural position.
Reduce bandwidth usage
Prevent large file download/upload, seeding, and high-quality streaming for the rest of the guide to reduce bandwidth usage.
Once you’re done with these steps, reconnect your Vizio with the internet by going Home > Menu > WiFi & Connectivity > Connect With WiFi, and from there you should find your network and insert the security key.
If the problem was not in the internet connection, perhaps your Netflix or Vizio TV is running outdated firmware.
Here is how to update both your Vizio TV and Netflix:
- On your Vizio TV, head to the app store.
- Write down “Netflix” in the search field and locate the app.
- Below the “Download” button, there should be a script with the “Update” feature.
- Initiate the update and wait.
- On your Vizio remote, press the V key and go to the System menu.
- Tap “Check for Updates” and wait for the checker to finish.
- Click on “Apply” for any update found to be applied.
Once you’re done, test out Netflix and open it on your Vizio TV.
If the problem is still there then we can exclude Netflix as a possibility and troubleshoot your TV more seriously.
If the issue persists after updating the firmware of your Vizio and Netflix, we recommend clearing your TV’s cache.
This will free up some extra memory as well as ease up the TV’s RAM usage.
Here is how to clear your Vizio TV’s memory cache:
- Press the Menu button on your remote.
- Go to System and then select “Reset & Admin”.
- Once there, tap the OK button and use the arrows to navigate to CLEAR MEMORY/FACTORY DEFAULTS.
- Tap on the clear memory button on the next page.
Once reset, try accessing Netflix again from your Vizio TV home screen. If the problem is still there, before taking any further measures against your TV, let’s review your account first.
If Vizio TV Netflix not workingand you’re not able to log in to your account at all, we recommend changing your account credentials.
To change your Netflix account credentials, follow the steps down below:
- Tap on “I Forgot My Password” on the Netflix home page.
- Insert your email and wait for the message that will be sent to your inbox.
- Tap on the link in the inbox and insert the new password as well as the confirmation password. (You must rewrite the new password)
Once you’re done, try logging into Netflix and check if the platform is working as expected. In case you’re still experiencing a problem, maybe the root of the issue is within your TV so let’s reset it.
If nothing worked so far, we suggest factory resetting your Vizio TV. The factory reset will wipe all data clean, thus restoring the device to its factory state.
It will be as if you’re just taking it out of the box, which solves many, many issues and may help with your Netflix problem.
Here is how to perform a factory reset on your Vizio TV:
- Press the Menu button on your Vizio TV.
- Go to the settings and enter the System tab.
- Highlight Reset & Admin and confirm with the OK button.
- Highlight Reset to factory defaults and confirm with the default “0000” PIN.
The update shouldn’t take longer than 5 minutes and afterward, you should be able to access Netflix after downloading it back again.
In case the problem persists, you’ll need to reach out to Netflix themselves and ask for additional assistance.
To fix Netflix app issues on Vizio TV, first hard reset your TV and check your internet connection. Next, change your Netflix login credentials, clear your TV’s memory cache and factory reset your TV.
Now that you know why Vizio TV Netflix not working, you should be able to fix the issue with our quick solutions.
If in the end, the issue persists, then perhaps you must consider reaching out for external assistance from Netflix!