If you’re looking for a guide on how to program a DIRECTV remote to a Vizio TV, you have come to the right place!
By the end of this post, you will know in detail how to exactly program your DIRECTV remote to any Vizio TV as fast as possible.
To program a DIRECTV remote to Vizio TV, take your remote and aim it towards the Vizio TV as you press the Mute and Select buttons simultaneously. Enter 991 TV code for older Vizio TVs or the code on your DIRECTV remote, beneath the power button. Press the power button to finish the programming.
If that wasn’t quite enough for you, we will now provide you with a detailed step-to-step guide on how to properly program your DIRECTV remote to Vizio TV.
Before we proceed with the programming, there are some important factors of preparation you should take care of first.
As you probably know, a DIRECTV remote works with the DIRECTV receiver and in order to program it, your receiver should be powered off, so you don’t form an interference.
Execute the bullets down below in order to program your DIRECTV remote to a Vizio smart TV:
1. Check the DIRECTV Remote
First, make sure the DIRECTV remote’s batteries are fresh and the remote is in good condition to be programmed.
2. Prepare the TV
Turn on your DIRECTV and lead it up to the home page, so it can be ready to receive the programming request from your remote.
3. Power Down your DIRECTV Receiver
Lastly, you must power off your DIRECTV receiver so your remote doesn’t interact with the set-top box during the programming process.
Once your setup is prepared for the programming, proceed with the steps down below to learn how to properly execute the programming process with your Vizio TV.
The steps are really simple and all it takes is to be followed in order.
As you probably know, DIRECTV remotes have a programming switch on the tip of their hardware, which you must slide to the “ON” position.
The switch must be pushed with a mild force and your DIRECTV remote will recognize your remote as a separate unit and unbound it from the receiver.
After enabling the programming switch, restart your DIRECTV box and then turn it off again so the programming mode can become active.
Now that you’ve enabled your DIRECTV remote switch, it is time to initiate the programming with your Vizio TV.
The first step of the programming is to learn your Vizio TV’s code, which can be specified for each model of Vizio TV.
Down below we have listed all available codes for Vizio TVs:
- RC-32 / RC-32RF
- RC – 24
To learn what code to insert, you must take a look at the code printed on the tip of your DIRECTV, above the power button.
Casual DIRECTV remotes would usually use RC32RF and RC73, but it really depends on the type and release date of your remote.
Once you have the code, proceed with the next step to start the programming.
To find out how to program a DIRECTV remote to a Vizio TV you’ll first need to add your TV to the DIRECTV menu.
Once you have the programming code, you must now add your Vizio TV to DIRECTV.
This can happen through the programming menu of DIRECTV and here is how to do it:
- Go to your DIRECTV remote programming menu from the options.
- Click on “Add New TV” and scroll throughout the TV options.
- Find and select the “Vizio TV” option and click on “I don’t know my number” when prompted to write down your model number.
Once on the page of available codes for programming, grab your remote and proceed with the next step.
To program the DIRECTV remote to your Vizio TV, follow the steps down below:
- Go to the page of available codes for programming codes.
- Grab your remote and press the Mute and Select buttons at the same time.
- Hold the buttons until your DIRECTV remote blinks twice and release the button.
- Enter the TV code you’ve found earlier. (The code is printed on your DIRECTV remote’s tip)
- Insert the code from left to right and hit the OK button on your DIRECTV remote.
Note: After your Vizio TV has been programmed, to switch back to using the set-top box, flip the switch at the top. It controls the modes between TV and cable box usage.
In case you’re using an older model of Vizio TV, we got you covered!
Even if both guidelines are similar to one another, there are still some things that are executed quite differently with older Vizio TV models.
Here is how to perform the programming for older TV models:
Make sure your Vizio TV is turned off so you can test out the programming once the remote is ready. Press the power button on your Vizio TV remote to power down the TV.
Make sure the switch is pushed to the “TV” side on your remote control and execute the steps down below:
- Press the Mute and Select buttons on your remote and hold them down.
- Wait for your DIRECTV remote to blink twice.
- After the remote blinks, release the buttons.
Now the programming has been initiated. Proceed with the next step to activate your Vizio TV.
Now you will be prompted to enter the TV code. With older models, the TV code is “991” and remains static for all Vizio TVs.
Follow the steps down below to finish the programming with your DIRECTV and Vizio TV:
- On your DIRECTV remote, press 991 in consecutive order.
- Once the code has been written down, press “1” to finish the programming.
- Keep pressing the Channel UP or Channel DOWN buttons about 50-100 times depending on how old your Vizio TV is. The older your TV is the more presses it will require.
Once your TV responds to the DIRECTV remote’ signal, you’re good to go!
To program the DIRECTV remote to Vizio TV, you must add the Vizio TV to your DIRECTV box and press the Mute & Select buttons simultaneously until your remote blinks. Finalize the programming with the power button or the channel up & down buttons.
Now that you know how to program a DIRECTV remote to a Vizio TV, with our easy steps, you should be able to get your remote working with any Vizio TV!
If however, something doesn’t work out for you, you can always get in touch with DIRECTV and get your case enveloped.
- Why Does Sharp Roku TV Keeps Restarting? Fix Guide - November 28, 2021
- Simplisafe Camera Disconnect? Best Fix Methods To Make It Work! - November 28, 2021
- Ecobee Alexa Not Working? Know How To Fix In Minutes - November 27, 2021