If you’re experiencing a moderate Vizio smart TV audio delay, there are multiple ways to address the problem.
Vizio TV audio delay is most frequently caused by an issue with a third-party device, but it is possible that the audio settings are incorrect.
To fix an audio delay on Vizio TV, adjust the “Lip-Sync” option in the audio settings and power cycle the television.
If there’s still a problem with the audio/video sync, switch to a different broadcast/streaming content and update the TV to the latest firmware.
Let’s understand more about the audio delay issue on Vizio TV!
What Causes Vizio TV Sound Delay?
When your Vizio TV is experiencing a delay in the audio and video (also called “sync-loss”), it most often translates to a problem with the audio settings.
Sync problems are common for TVs with installed speakers, audio systems, or other devices that may influence the audio.
Here’s what could cause audio delay issues on Vizio TV:
- A problem with the TV “Lip-Sync” audio option.
- An issue with the externally connected speaker.
- Incompatible picture mode is selected on the TV.
- There’s a problem with the power supply of the TV.
- Hardware issue with the in-built Vizio TV speakers.
How to Fix Audio Delay On Vizio Smart TV?
Here are the best solutions for audio issues on a Vizio smart TV!
1. Adjust the Audio Settings of the TV!
To resolve any issues with the audio delay on the Vizio TV, it is necessary to inspect the audio settings first.
Setting the “Lip-Sync” to an incorrect value, or activating settings that are only used for audio speakers may cause the audio/video to fall behind.
How to Adjust the Lip-Sync Option?
- Go to the Menu of Vizio TV.
- Navigate to “Audio” and scroll down.
- Locate “Lip Sync adjustment” from the list.
- Use the remote to change the value of the feature.
How to Adjust the Digital Audio Output?
- Access the Settings on the Vizio TV.
- Go to “Audio” > “Digital Audio Out”.
- Press the options slider and choose “PCM”.
- Save the changes and exit the tab.
How to Adjust Surround Sound?
- Access the Settings on your TV.
- Press “Audio” and choose “Surround Sound”.
- Set the feature to “Off” and exit the tab.
How to Adjust eARC?
- Go to the Settings on the Vizio TV.
- Scroll down to “Audio” and access the tab.
- Press “eARC” and then set the feature to “On”.
Note: These audio settings work best when there is no external audio device connected.
2. Switch to a Different Broadcast!
In case the TV’s audio/video sync breaks apart only on specific channels or perhaps only on content within platforms, you should verify whether this is global.
It is best to conduct tests on popular platforms, such as YouTube, Netflix, Hulu, Disney, or HBO MAX.
Keep in mind that to access online streaming platforms, the Vizio smart TV must be connected to a reliable WiFi connection.
A weak or unstable connection may result in buffering, lagging, and even disconnects if the Vizio TV got unpaired from the network.
Note: Test on at least 4-5 platforms or live TV broadcasts to justify the audio sync problem!
3. Power Cycle the Vizio TV
Sometimes TVs can experience temporary audio issues that are often fixed with a simple reboot.
To reset the TV more efficiently, this method will uncover how to conduct a power cycle, which is a type of reset that is safe and doesn’t erase any data on the TV.
Here’s how to perform a power cycle on the Vizio smart TV easily:
- Press the Power button on the Vizio TV remote.
- Once the TV shuts down, unplug the power.
- Wait for 50-60 seconds while the TV is disconnected.
- Reattach the power cable of the Vizio TV to power!
- Press the power button on the remote to turn on the TV.
Notice: While the Vizio smart TV is unplugged, check if all cable connections are intact!
4. Unplug Third-Party Audio Devices!
Externally-connected speakers could be the culprit for the Vizio smart TV audio delay.
To determine if the sync problem is related to the Vizio TV alone, it is necessary to unplug all third-party connections that belong to speakers or audio systems.
Once all audio cables have been unplugged, check if the Vizio TV will switch to the in-built speakers automatically, or if it must be done manually.
Switching Audio Output On Vizio Smart TV?
After unplugging the TV (externally connected) speakers the TV could become mute if you don’t manually adjust the audio output.
To make the Vizio TV play audio from the in-built speakers you need to go into the settings and switch the TV’s default audio output.
Here’s how to switch the default audio device on any Vizio TV:
- Access the Settings of the Vizio TV.
- Go to “Audio” > “Default Music Speaker”.
- Choose “TV” from the list of options.
Info: “TV” in the default audio device settings translates to the TV’s in-built speakers!
5. Check the Internet Connection
When streaming online, the internet connection plays a vital role in streaming lag-free.
If the WiFi connection to the Vizio TV is weak or unstable, you will likely experience longer loading times, and buffering, which occasionally leads to audio and video falling behind…
How to Reconnect Vizio TV to WiFi?
- On the Vizio remote, press “Menu” and go to “Network”.
- Press “OK” and then “Choose Network Connections”.
- Select the “Wireless” option and scroll down to see all.
- Press on your home network and input the password.
- Choose “Connect” to reconnect the Vizio TV to WiFi.
How to Fix WiFi Issues?
Here are some quick methods to address issues with your WiFi/network:
- Unplug the router from power for 60 seconds.
- Disconnect the service cable for 30 seconds.
- Disconnect unused devices from the WiFi.
- Stop downloading/streaming or uploading.
- Locate and disable any active VPN or Proxy!
Tip: If other of your devices are also having connectivity issues, contact your ISP for help!
6. Set a Different Picture Mode
Believe it or not, changing the picture mode can help with audio delay problems on any Vizio TV.
The “Game” picture mode may reduce the overall quality of the picture, but it has minimum latency and minimum delay, which is essential to gamers for real-time audio sync!
Follow these instructions to set the picture mode to “Game”:
- Launch the Vizio TV settings, using the remote control.
- Navigate to the “Picture” option within the settings.
- Highlight “Picture Mode” and then select “Game”.
- Save the changes (if you have to) and exit the tab.
Note: If the issue disappears when switching to the “Game” picture mode, switch back to the previously used mode to test.
7. Update the Vizio Smart TV’s Firmware
Another reason for the Vizio TV sound delay is potentially the outdated firmware of the smart TV device.
Updating the firmware of the Vizio smart TV will resolve any complications related to the audio/video sync of the device, as well as other problems with the software settings.
Follow these instructions to update the firmware of a Vizio smart TV:
- Press the “V” key on the Vizio TV remote.
- Select the “Check for Updates” button.
- Wait for the Vizio TV to finish the scan.
- If a new update is available, select “Update”.
Alert: The Vizio TV must be connected to the internet in order to complete the update process!
8. Restore the Factory Settings on Vizio TV
To resolve the audio problem on any Vizio TV permanently, it is enough to conduct a factory reset.
The factory reset is the ultimate and most powerful solution which erases the entirety of the operating system and reinstalls the software of your Vizio TV cleanly.
Alert: All Vizio TV data and settings will be lost!
Follow these instructions to factory reset a Vizio TV in easy steps:
- Press the Menu button on the Vizio TV remote.
- Select “System” from the settings menu on the TV.
- Choose “Reset & Admin” > “Reset TV to Factory Defaults”.
- Enter the parental PIN (0000) if required on the next prompt.
- Select “Reset” to start the Vizio TV’s factory reset process.
Tip: In case the audio and video on your Vizio TV are out of sync even after the reset, it’s time to contact Vizio Customer Service for qualified assistance.
Hence, to address Vizio smart TV audio delay issues, you must power cycle the TV and check if the latest firmware is installed.
If the problem persists, unplug all third-party speakers, set the picture mode to “Game” and reset the Vizio TV to factory settings!
Follow us for more helpful technical info!
- Hisense TV Screen Mirroring Without WiFi – Fool Proof Guide - September 30, 2023
- How To Make TCL Roku TV Go Straight To Cable? - September 30, 2023
- Can I View My Wyze Camera On My PC? – Fool Proof Guide - September 30, 2023