Wondering why does Hulu keep kicking me out? Keep reading as we unwrap not only the causes of random disconnects but also the best solutions used in response to this issue!
Hulu may be kicking you out upon logging in when the app is outdated or randomly crash during streams when there is an issue with the device or online browser.
The Hulu issue might also be related to the app cache, VPN or Proxy servers, and AdBlockers!
Keep reading further to unwrap more!
7 Reasons Why Does My Hulu Keep Kicking Me Out?
- Cache issues with the Hulu app
- A problem with your browser
- Internet connection throttles
- An active VPN/proxy service
- Interference with ad blockers
- Corrupted Hulu application
- Problem with the Hulu account
Info: Keep in mind that Hulu servers may be temporarily down.
There could be periodic maintenance of the servers and for the time being, the platform may experience issues.
Why Does Hulu Live Keep Kicking Me Out?
If you’re having issues with the Hulu Live application or browser service, it’s most likely due to a streaming device fault, bad internet, or problems with browser extensions.
The reasons why Hulu Live and the normal Hulu platform may be kicking you out are identical.
How to Fix When Hulu Keeps Kicking Me Out?
Tip: If you’re streaming Hulu through a browser, we strongly recommend downloading Google Chrome for the best compatibility and alignment with the guide below.
1. Refresh the Streaming Player!
The first and most simple solution that you should attempt is to reboot the streaming player, hence the device used for hosting the Hulu app.
This method will both address issues with your device and the source used for streaming Hulu, whether it would be the mobile app or browser!
Follow these instructions to refresh the Hulu streaming player:
- Access the power menu of your device.
- Select the “Restart” option from the menu.
- Wait for your device to shut down and reboot.
- Relaunch the Hulu app or your online browser.
- Sign in to Hulu and attempt streaming content.
Alert: If you’re unable to stream anything, check whether your Hulu subscription is active!
2. Reconnect to the Internet or WiFi!
To stream Hulu and not get kicked out of the platform, not only do you have to be connected, but the internet must also be consistent.
There are requirements for streaming high-quality content on Hulu in terms of internet speed that must be met by your network.
- Prooced based on whether you’re using WiFi or Ethernet on your device!
How to Reconnect to WiFi:
- Get into the Settings of your device.
- Navigate to “Network” or the “WiFi” tab.
- Tap on “Set up Wireless Connection”.
- From the available networks, select WiFi.
- Insert the password for your network.
How to Reconnect to Ethernet:
- Connect your device to the router (using an Ethernet cable).
- Wait for the connection status on your device to change.
- (Optional) Go to Settings > “Network” > “Wired”.
Info: If your device does not automatically acquire an internet connection through Ethernet, you may have to set up the wired connection in the network settings.
3. Deactivate AdBlocker Services!
The base Hulu subscription (the cheapest one) does involve ads, and Hulu will kick out users who have an activated AdBlocker service.
You must be eligible to view all of the commercials within the platform or you’ll get kicked out as a security measurement against ad blockers.
- If you have a Premium Hulu subscription, jump to the next step!
How to Deactivate Ad Blocker On Chrome:
- Select the puzzle icon at the top-right of the browser.
- From the installed extensions, select “Ad Blocker”.
- Once the blue functions window opens, press the slider.
- Test Hulu now that the ad blocker has been deactivated.
Important: If you’re streaming Hulu through your mobile, check and uninstall any AdBlocker applications from your device.
4. Update your Device’s Firmware!
When streaming through the Hulu application, your streaming device requires the latest software version to operate correctly.
This is why we can’t proceed further before we make sure that the Hulu streaming device is up to date!
How to Update Mobile Devices:
- iOS: Settings > General > Software Update > Check for Updates > Update
- Android: Settings > System > System Update > Update Now
How to Update TVs/Cable Boxes:
- Settings > “System/General” > “Firmware” > “Check for Updates” > “Update”
How to Update Online Browser:
- Chrome: Three-dots icon > Help > About Google Chrome (Chrome is up to date).
Info: If you couldn’t update your device with the instructions above, check the user manual for verified and exact steps.
5. Clear Hulu/Browser Cache!
If you still don’t know why does Hulu keep kicking me out, perhaps the reason for this issue is a corrupted app cache.
Clearing this data may resolve the “kicking out” issue and even boost the performance so let’s learn how to do this for the Hulu app and online browser.
How to Clear Hulu App Cache:
- Launch the Settings of your device.
- Navigate to the “Applications” tab.
- Locate the Hulu app from the list.
- Highlight the application > “Settings”.
- Choose “Clear Cache Data”.
How to Clear Browser Cache (Chrome):
- Launch the Chrome application.
- At the top, select the “More” button.
- Click on “More Tools” next.
- Select “Clear Browsing Data”.
Tip: Clear the Browser Cookies
An optional method to furthermore boost the performance of your browser is also to clear the login Cookies.
All of your login credentials to websites are saved in those cookies and clearing them will sign you out of everywhere.
- In Chrome, go to Settings > “More” > “More Tools” > “Cookies and site data”.
Note: Clear the cookies/cache of your browser often!
6. Turn OFF VPN Services!
Using a VPN on your browser or having it as an independent application could also cause Hulu to kick you out randomly.
To test the app through your device’s original IP, you must deactivate all of the VPN services that are masking and altering your IP address location.
Here’s how to deactivate a VPN in easy steps:
- Check for VPN on ALL devices connected to the WiFi.
- Open and deactivate or Uninstall any VPN apps.
- Check the online browser used by Hulu for a VPN extension.
- Tap on the Google Chrome Puzzle Icon to stop extensions.
Info: Since many VPNs nowadays can be downloaded and used as an application, you’re able to temporarily turn off the location altering, instead of removing it.
The same thing applies to VPN services that work through your browser.
7. Reinstall the Hulu Application!
If you’re still being kicked from the Hulu application, without proper reasoning the ultimate solution is to reinstall the Hulu app cleanly.
Below you’ll find a guide for reinstalling the Hulu app on different and popular streaming devices.
Alert: Reinstalling Hulu will sign you out of your profile!
How to Reinstall Hulu (Mobile):
- Access the Settings on your Android device.
- Navigate to the “Applications” manager.
- Access the “Manage Applications” tab.
- Go to “All” to view all installed apps.
- Select Hulu from the list > “Uninstall”.
- Download Hulu from the Google Play store.
- Launch the Settings app.
- Scroll down and locate Hulu.
- Select the application.
- Choose “Uninstall”.
- Access the App Store.
- Download Hulu again.
How to Reinstall Hulu on Smart TV:
- Access the Settings of your television.
- Navigate to the “Storage” prompt.
- Locate Hulu from the list.
- Highlight the application.
- Choose “Uninstall” to delete Hulu.
- Download Hulu from your device’s content store.
How to Reinstall Hulu on Firestick/Roku:
- Firestick – Settings > Applications > Hulu + Live TV > Uninstall.
- Roku – Home > Streaming Channels > Channel Store > “Hulu” > Remove
Tip: If you’re streaming Hulu through a browser, simply test with a different one!
8. Verify your Hulu Subscription!
If you haven’t resolved the random “kicking” from the app this far into our guide, a restriction may have been applied to your Hulu account.
If there are active limitations towards your account, you may get signed out (kicked) each time you try to log in.
Check your Hulu Account Through Mobile:
- Download the Hulu app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Open the app and sign in using your login account credentials.
- Press on the “Sign In” to log in to Hulu with your account.
- Tip: Note down any errors or messages upon signing in.
- Select your profile and check whether your subscription is active.
Check your Hulu Account Through the Web:
Go to the Official Hulu Web Page and tap on “LOG IN” at the top-right corner.
Insert your login credentials and then navigate to “Your Subscription” and then MANAGE PLAN ro review it all.
Note: If your Hulu subscription has expired, pay all dues to renew your membership!
Here we’ve learned why does Hulu keep kicking me out and now we know that the issue is probably related to an internet issue or an activated AdBlocker or a VPN.
The solution also involves erasing the application or browser cache data and a clean Hulu installation.
- Why Won’t My Bush TV Connect To WiFi? (Quick Fix Guide) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Not Turning On? – (Fix In Minutes!) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Sound But No Picture? – Here’s How to Fix! - September 21, 2023