When Hulu keeps buffering on Vizio smart TV, it’s important to first figure out whether this problem is on your, or Hulu’s end. Stay with us to learn all of that along with the best solutions!
Hulu may keep buffering on your Vizio smart TV if the WiFi connection is either too weak or the signal is unstable.
It’s also possible that there’s a server issue on Hulu’s end or that the firmware of the Hulu application is running on a too-outdated version!
Let’s keep reading to learn more!
Why Is Hulu Buffering On Vizio TV?
By default, your Vizio TV comes with an onset of base kit apps, such as Netflix, Vudu, YouTube Pandora, and Hulu.
However, unintentionally removing one of the core apps can be corrected by downloading them from the App Vizio Store.
Here’s why Hulu keeps buffering on a Vizio Smart TV:
- The WiFi connection is weak/unstable
- Your Vizio TV’s firmware is too outdated
- An issue with the Hulu servers
- Problems with the Hulu app files
- An issue with the streamed Hulu show
- Application issues on your Vizio TV
- Faulty software/network TV settings
Let’s jump in with the solutions!
8 Ways to Fix When Hulu Keeps Buffering On Vizio Smart TV?
Tip: Our solutions must be followed in chronological order!
1. Diagnose the Internet Speed
Too slow WiFi can cause buffering issues within all online platforms.
If the connection is unstable or has fluctuations, you could also get disconnected from Hulu or kicked from some other platforms, which have higher minimum connection speed recommendations.
How to Test Internet Speed At Vizio TV:
- Press the menu on the Vizio remote control.
- Choose the “Network” configurations tab.
- Select the “Network Test” button next.
Info: The connection speed should be above 5-7 Mbps for quality streaming on Hulu.
Anything below that will cause buffering issues with the platform!
How to Improve WiFi Connection?
- Reboot your network router device
- Reconnect the Vizio TV from the WiFi
- Move the router close to the Vizio TV
Tip: Take the other way around performing an internet connection and installing Ethernet.
All you have to do is plug your TV with the router via Ethernet and go to Menu > Network > Wired Network on the Vizio TV.
2. Stream Different Content!
With Hulu in Vizio TV, you’ll have access to both live TV and on-demand content.
The Hulu platform offers live TV channels, such as ABC, NBC, FOX, ESPN, and a number more. If there’s an outage with the current channel, Hulu is likely to buffer your Vizio TV.
Tip: Make sure that you haven’t yet streamed the content you’re about to test!
How to Stream On-Demand Content On Hulu:
- Access the on-demand menu from the home page of Hulu!
How to Stream Live TV Content On Hulu?
- From the “Live TV” Hulu page, select one of the provided broadcasts.
Info: Allow the selected Live TV or on-demand content to stream for at least 60-70 seconds!
3. Power Cycle the Vizio Television!
The next and most easy step that we will undertake is to power cycle your Vizio TV, by unplugging it from the power source.
It’s a standard solution in the tech world and can help with any kind of problem, both software and hardware-related.
Follow these simple steps to power cycle your Vizio TV:
- Shut down the TV using the remote control.
- Wait for the television to power off completely.
- Unplug the power adapter from the device.
- Wait for another 5 minutes after unplugging the TV.
- Reconnect the power cable of the Vizio television.
Info: The power cycle helps with hardware throttling!
4. Update Vizio TV/Hulu App
As we’ve already clarified, running your Vizio TV on a too-outdated firmware version can result in problems with many applications, including Hulu.
You must keep the Vizio TV up to date, by performing the upgrade process from the “Software Update” menu once they’re available.
How to Update Vizio TV Software:
- Press the V key on the Vizio remote.
- Enter the “System” tab in the options.
- Press on the “Scan for Updates” button.
- The Vizio TV will start scanning for updates.
- Press “Update” to start the process.
How to Update Hulu App At Vizio TV:
- Press the “V” or “VIA” button on your Vizio remote.
- Scroll down and locate the Hulu application on the list.
- In the app settings, select the “Update” button.
- Confirm your choice by pressing the “OK” button.
- Wait for the Hulu app to be updated to the latest version.
Notice: For some Vizio TVs, the “Update” option may not be available.
In such case, you must delete and then reinstall Hulu by pressing on “Delete App” and then accessing the app store!
5. Clear the App Cache of Vizio TV
As you use applications repeatedly and continuously on your Vizio TV, excess software files (app cache) pile up in the storage of the TV.
These files can slow down the performance of the Vizio TV and cause unbearable buffering during Hulu streaming.
How to Clear Cache On Vizio Via Software:
- Press the MENU button on the remote control.
- Navigate down in the tab to the “APPS” option.
- Scroll down to the “SYSTEM APPS” page.
- Press on the “Clear Cache” button finally.
- Wait for the Vizio TV to erase the app cache.
How to Clear Cache On Other Vizio Software:
- Press MENU on your Vizio TV remote.
- Navigate to “Reset and Admin” or “HELP”.
- Highlight “Clear System Cache” on the screen.
- Wait while the Vizio TV removes the app cache.
Tip: In order to maintain the performance of your Vizio TV, the app cache must be cleared regularly (once every 2-3 weeks).
6. Reinstall the Hulu Application
When Hulu just won’t stop buffering regardless, reinstalling the application may help. It’s a solution where we uninstall Hulu from your Vizio TV and then download it again from the VIA or Vizio content store.
- Uninstalling Hulu will erase ALL in-app settings and pre-made configurations!
Here’s how to remove and re-add the Hulu app on the Vizio TV:
- Press the “V” or “VIA” button on your Vizio remote.
- Press the yellow button on the Vizio remote next.
- Scroll down and highlight the Vizio app from the list.
- On the functions menu, select the “Delete App” button.
- Select “Confirm” on the pop-up that appeared.
- Choose “Yes, delete” and wait for 15-20 seconds.
- Go back home and access the applications store.
- Locate and download Hulu on your Vizio TV again.
Info: You’ll have to sign into Hulu again, once the platform gets reinstalled on your Vizio TV!
7. Test Hulu on your Smartphone!
In case you didn’t know Hulu is available on the Google Play and App Store, meaning that any Android or iOS device can download and utilize the app.
The best way to determine whether the problem with Hulu is on your Vizio TV is by testing streaming Hulu content on your phone.
- Simply download the Hulu app, sign in, and test streaming!
Note: If the same shows and movies are working on a different device, go to the next step!
8. Restore Initial Settings At Vizio TV!
Perhaps, an initial settings reset may help with the variety of app problems your Vizio TV has developed.
Though you’ll lose all content and information on your Vizio TV, the factory reset is strongly recommended when you’re experiencing a persistent Hulu buffering issue.
- The changes to the software made by the factory reset are irreversible!
How to Factory Reset VIA Vizio TV:
- Press the MENU button on the remote.
- Highlight the “HELP” tab using the remote.
- Select the “Clear Memory” option.
- Highlight “Factory Defaults” and press OK.
- Enter the parental control PIN – “0000”.
- Wait for the Vizio television to reset itself.
How to Factory Reset Other Vizio TVs:
- Locate the “Input” and “Volume Down” buttons on the side of the TV.
- Hold both of the buttons for 15-20 seconds while the Vizio TV is on,
- You will receive a popup with factory reset on-screen instructions.
- Follow the necessary steps to complete the software/system reset.
Alert: Do not press the power button of the Vizio TV while the device is resetting!
We’ve learned that when Hulu keeps buffering on Vizio smart TV, the most clever solution is to power cycle your TV and update the application.
If that didn’t work, clear the app cache of the Hulu app and thoroughly inspect the internet of your Vizio TV!
Read Next: Vizio TV Says Resolution Not Supported? – Fixed!
- Kwikset Smart Lock Code Change – FoolProof Guide - May 25, 2023
- How to Connect Turntable To Marshall Speaker? - May 25, 2023
- Asko Dishwasher Not Drying? – Complete Fix Guide - May 25, 2023