When you see the ”Vizio Smartcast is starting, please wait” message on your screen, how do you feel?
I know it is frustrating, especially if your appetite for watching your favorite episode was relatively high. The issue is not the message appearing but always how long you should wait.
Trying to get past this message should not trouble you. You can always watch your shows without having to wait for the message to appear every other time you open your Smartcast.
You can get past the ”Vizio Smartcast is starting up please wait” message by checking your internet connection. Check that your device has an internet connection, and it is active. If the connection is poor, reconnect or plug your device directly into the router.
Below are some of the methods you can use to fix the issue.
You will see this Vizio Smartcast message on your screen due to the following reasons.
- Vizio Smartcast TV has memory issues
- Your internet connection is poor
- Your HDMI input has issues
Note: Vizio Smartcast is an app that enables users to control what they wish to watch via android devices.
You can also discover more movies and shows, music, etc., through the app. You can manage most settings on your TV through this single app, such as play, pause, etc.
You can use various methods to get past this message on your screen. Kindly try each until you can watch your shows without having to wait anymore.
If you have an unstable internet, you will have issues with your devices that use the internet to stream.
”Vizio Smartcast is starting up, please wait” message will pop and get stuck on your screen until you resolve the internet issue.
You first need to check if your Vizio TV has an internet connection. Use these steps.
Step #1: Using your Vizio TV remote, click the menu key.
Step #2: Navigate to network, then click OK on your remote.
Step #3: Select Test Connection, then click OK.
This page should help you know if your TV is connected to the internet or not. If the page shows no internet connection, you will need to try reconnecting it.
- Go to your TV’s network settings.
- Check the name of your Wi-Fi, then click OK.
- If need be, you can re-enter your password then try reconnecting.
- Check if Smartcast is working.
If Smartcast fails, you may need to restart your router. Use these steps.
- Unplug the router from the power outlet.
- Let it stay for around two minutes, then plug it back to the power source.
The best thing about power cycling a TV is that you will not lose your settings. The process solves network errors and other minor bugs. Use these steps to power cycle the TV.
Step 1: Power off your TV, then remove the power cord from the power source.
Step 2: Wait for about 2 minutes, then plug back your TV.
Step 3: Power on the TV to see if the issue is resolved.
A soft power cycle allows you to power cycle your device without removing cables.
- Use your Vizio TV remote to click the menu.
- Go to system, then Reset & Admin.
- Click on Soft Power Cycle.
- Select Yes.
5. Wait for some minutes as your TV reboots.
Once it is on, check if the issue has gone.
Changing HDMI inputs should help resolve this problem. Here is how you can do it.
- Check for input selection controls using the remote control.
- You will see the inputs available on your TV.
- Among the options, select HDMI1.
- Check to see if the error is gone.
Your TV may reboot once you change input settings. You will need to wait then continue watching on Vizio Smartcast.
You may need to toggle on or off some of your TV settings for it to work correctly.
Follow these to change the settings on DHCP.
- Using your Vizio TV remote, go to the menu.
- Navigate to the network settings.
- Click the option, manual setup.
- Turn on DHCP if it is off. If DHCP is on, turn it off, then turn it on again.
- Reconnect your Vizio Smart TV to Wi-Fi then via the network option.
- Wait for about ten minutes to see if the message disappears.
If you still see the Smartcast message after trying the methods above, you may need to reset your Vizio Smartcast TV.
However, factory resetting deletes all settings in your TV. So, your TV goes back to its default state.
- Tap the menu key on your remote.
- Navigate to system.
- Select reset and Admin.
- Click the option, Reset to Factory Settings.
If, after attempting to resolve the problem using the other methods, the issue fails, you may need to try something different.
Vizio TV may sometimes fail to work over Wi-Fi since miscommunications occur between your Vizio TV and the Wi-Fi network.
So, you may need to try a wired connection. An Ethernet cable may be appropriate. If the issue persists, you may need to contact Vizio customer support.
Since Vizio are the manufacturers of the device, they can help you solve the problem. Please explain the issue, and you will have it solved.
Read Next: Why is YouTube App Not Working on Vizio TV?
If you see the ‘’Vizio Smartcast is starting up, please wait’’ message on your screen, your internet connection may be having issues. Check if your TV has an internet connection. If not, try to reconnect. A power cycle may also be necessary in this case.
If you see the ”Vizio Smartcast is starting, please wait” message, you may be patient enough to wait. However, if you wait more than you expected, it will always be frustrating. So, to go past this message, you must solve some issues.
The message may appear due to a poor internet connection. Always ensure that your internet is OK before proceeding to their steps.
You can also perform a power cycle on both your router and modem. If the issue does not resolve, factory reset the TV.
Ensure that your TV’s internet connection is okay if you see the ‘’Vizio TV Smartcast is starting please wait” message on your screen. If the internet is stable, you can power cycle your TV and router to check if the problem ends.
- Vicks Humidifier Not Steaming? – (Here’s How to Fix!) - October 20, 2023
- Kindle Paperwhite Not Waking Up? – (Try These Solutions) - October 20, 2023
- Why Is My Hisense TV Blinking Red Light? – (Instant Fix) - October 20, 2023