Hulu activate not working and you’re unable to stream your favorite TV shows and movies?
Well, in order to activate Hulu on your streaming device, you must have access to your account on your computer or laptop.
Once you’re logged in to Hulu on the device you wish to activate, a unique activation code will be generated on this playout device, which is used for the activation!
To activate Hulu successfully, ensure the correct activation code and disable your browser’s adblocker. If the problem persists, reinstall the Hulu app and check your internet connection for any issues.
Let’s dig deeper!
How to Activate a New Device On Hulu?
Follow the instructions below to add a new device to your Hulu account correctly:
- First, launch the Hulu app on the device you wish to activate.
- Then, press the “Log In” button on the app’s initial dashboard.
- Once you’re logged in to Hulu, press “Activate on Computer”.
- Then you’ll be provided with an activation code for you to use.
- Access your Hulu account page through a computer or laptop.
- Scroll down and click on the “Watch Hulu on Your Devices” tile.
- Once at hulu.com/activate, enter the unique activation code.
- Then, wait for the device verification to finalize and you’re done!
How Long Does Hulu Activate?
As soon as Hulu is activated, you should be forwarded to the homepage of the application on the device you’ve just activated.
The activation process could take up to 30 seconds, so keep the Hulu service open on the activating device and wait until you are forwarded to the page.
Why is Hulu Activate Page Not Working?
- The uniquely generated device code is incorrect.
- You’re using an outdated version of the Hulu app.
- There’s an applied Hulu account restriction/ban.
- The activation page of Hulu is temporarily down.
- An issue or typo with the Hulu login credentials.
- The payout device is not connected to the internet!
Hulu Activate Not Working Right Now – Easiest Solutions!
1. Correct the Unique Activation Code
In order to activate the Hulu service on a new device, you must insert a unique activation code, generated upon signing in through the new device you wish to add.
If the activation code was mistyped or there was a problem with the unique generation, you will encounter a Hulu error.
- Re-type the activation code letter by letter on a computer device!
Keep in mind that the code consists only of uppercase letters as well as 3-4 numbers, so make sure it is either copy-paste or spelled correctly.
We don’t recommend using a phone in this step, considering that typos are much more common on touch screens, compared to PC keywords.
How to Generate a New Hulu Code?
If you weren’t able to use the original activation code, generate a new code through the device you wish to add and paste it at hulu.com/activate on your computer.
To generate a new code simply, re-open the Hulu app and tap on “Activate on this Computer”.
2. Check your Internet Connectivity
Another reason why the Hulu activation page isn’t working or the service won’t let you sign in is improper internet connectivity.
If your streaming device is not connected to a Wi-Fi network or there is potentially an issue with the network router, you won’t be able to activate your Hulu.
How to Diagnose Playout Wi-Fi Connection?
The first step is to determine whether the streaming device is connected to a Wi-Fi network or not.
In your device’s system settings, go to Wi-Fi > “Available Networks”, and press on your home network, before inputting the correct Wi-Fi password.
Note: Make sure that the network router/modem is blinking green before connecting!
Can’t Connect My Playout Device to Wi-Fi?
If the connection attempt to the Wi-Fi network failed, you should power cycle the network router and modem and check if the service is active.
Sometimes even when our devices are connected to the WiFi, there is no internet, which ultimately impacts the Hulu activation page.
Tip: In case of any internet-related issues, contact your service provider!
3. Deactivate Ad-Blocker Services
Since Hulu activation for new devices is only possible through a web browser, an active ad blocker may cause issues with the activation.
To prevent any further errors from failing the activation process, it is recommended to deactivate your browser’s ad blockers.
Here’s how to turn off an active ad-blocker on your browser (Google Chrome):
- Click on the 🧩 puzzle icon at the top-right of the screen.
- Choose the adblocker extension added to the browser.
- Click on the “Settings” or “Options” button on the screen.
- Then, click the “Deactivate” button or “Turn off” to stop it.
Note: For other browsers, go to Settings > Extensions and turn off the adblocker!
4. Reinstall the Hulu Application
Whenever Hulu activate is not working on the device you wish to add, a clean reinstallation on the Hulu application should resolve the problem like a charm.
In case of a platform-related issue with the Hulu app on your playout device, the activation process might not be able to finalize.
- To reinstall Hulu on your device, go to Settings > Storage > “Applications”, locate the Hulu app, and select “Uninstall” or “Remove”.
When the app is completely removed, you’ll have to get it back by downloading the official Hulu from the dedicated content store.
Once Hulu has been reinstalled on your streaming device, sign in and generate a new unique activation code.
Reminder: Follow the activation instructions at the start of the guide for reference!
5. Validate your Hulu Subscription
If your account is inactive, you will not be able to register any new devices.
Your next step is to check if there are unpaid subscription fees under your name in Hulu and reactivate your account in order to add new devices to your registration.
- On Hulu’s official website, sign in and go to “My Account” > “Subscriptions”.
From there, investigate the condition of your account and whether there are any unpaid fees. If yes, check why the automatic billing did not go through and ensure to renew your subscription.
Note: If the subscription payment isn’t going through, correct your payment/personal info!
6. Try the Hulu Activation Later!
Sometimes, even if rarely, the Hulu services are offline, preventing all users, not just you, from activating new devices.
There is no official source from where you can check directly whether the Hulu servers are under maintenance or not, but you can wait a few hours and try again later!
Tip: In case the activation wouldn't work even after a few hours, contact Hulu Support!
How to Know When Hulu Account is Activated?
Once you’ve undergone the Hulu activation operation successfully, you will get an informative email at the address associated with your account.
The email will contain basic info about the new device you’ve added recently, such as:
- When? The exact date and time you’ve added the new device.
- What? The type of device you’ve activated the Hulu app on.
- Where? The exact location of the device you’ve added to Hulu.
Info: You don’t have to respond to this email but receiving it is a notification that you’ve successfully activated Hulu.
Didn’t Receive an Activation Email?
If Hulu is working on the activated device but you didn’t receive an email, check if the exact email address in your subscription is correct.
You should also give Hulu a while since high traffic in the user registering section might be slowing down the email system.
How to View All Activated Hulu Devices?
If you were able to complete the activation of the new streaming device, it is possible to check all activated devices added to your Hulu account.
For this purpose, you need to sign in to Hulu through your computer/laptop and go to a specific page in the settings.
Follow these steps to review the added Hulu devices:
- First, navigate to the official Hulu website on your device.
- Sign in to your account and go to the “Your Account” page.
- Press on the “Watch Hulu on Your Devices” button next.
- Then, click “Manage Devices” and review all added devices.
How to Remove Added Hulu Devices?
In the “Watch Hulu on Your Devices” section of the settings, you will also have the option to remove devices added to your account.
Press on the “Remove” button to sign out a particular device that can currently access your Hulu account!
How to Log Out of All Computers On Hulu?
In case there has been a breach to your Hulu account or an unknown device has signed in, it is best to disconnect all activated devices that have access to your account.
This is possible in the privacy settings of your account and only keeps the device you’re currently using signed in.
Here’s how to sign out all devices:
- First, go to Hulu.com and navigate to the account page.
- Press on “Privacy and Settings” > “Protect your Account”.
- On the next screen, press “Log Out Of All Computers”.
Note: Once confirmed, all browsers, computers, and mobile devices will be disconnected!
To fix when Hulu activation is not working, check whether there is a typo in the unique Hulu activation code and reinstall the Hulu service on the connecting device. If the problem is still there, check the internet connection of your playout and deactivate all ad blockers.
Follow us for more helpful content and tips!
Read Next: How to Pause Hulu Subscription?
- SimpliSafe Says Entry Sensor Open? (Here’s Your Fix) - February 25, 2024
- SimpliSafe Glass Break Sensor Offline? (Fix It Fast!) - February 25, 2024
- Sensi Thermostat No C Wire? (Fix & Install Now!) - February 25, 2024