Getting tired of the Hulu activate not working? Are you so indulged to use your Hulu account but it’s not activating?
It’s nothing because, in this post, we will teach you how you can go around that specific problem. We will give you the complete steps of troubleshooting that error.
Why is Hulu Activation Code Not Working?
Akin to other video-on-demand services, their technology encounters some problems as well. In fact, there are several reasons why it’s not activating, some of which include:
- Internet connection problems
- The service is down or under maintenance
- Incompatibility with a system or a gadget
The real cause of the problem is unknown. It could be any of these, or it could be others. What’s good now is that we have prepared the possible solution to your problem.
Fixing Hulu Activate Not Working
We have proven these steps to be effective for it worked with the wide majority of users who experienced the same problem.
Check if Hulu is Down or Under Maintenance
One reason that you can find is that their service is undergoing maintenance. You can contact their customer service or technical support team to find out if there are any outages. You can reach them through their hotline or their email address.
You can even ask your friends to check for any outages they’re experiencing.
Uninstall and Reinstall the App
The next thing that you have to do is to try and remove the app.
Whether you have it on your laptop, PC, smartphone, tablet, or your streaming service, you can remove it by following these steps.
Whether you are using an iPhone or an Android device, the process is entirely the same.
- Go to the Apps Section of your phone
- Find the software you want to uninstall
- Press & hold it until different options pop-out
- In an Android device, click on Uninstall. For an iPhone, however, click on the small “x” button on the top left part of the app
- After that, reboot your device and download the app again by going either to the Google Play Store or the App Store
Laptop or PC
- If you’re using Windows, go to Control Panel
- Select Uninstall a Program
- Find the software you wish to uninstall
- Wait for the uninstallation to complete
- Once done, restart your computer
- Open the Microsoft Store
- Search for the program you wish to reinstall
- Download and install it on your PC
- From your desktop, go to Finder
- On the bar on the left side, select Applications
- You can drag the icon to the Trash which can be found in the Dock or right click on the software and click on the option that says Move to Trash
- Once removed, go to any browser and visit Hulu.com
- Hit on the Install (+) icon and confirm the download
- Access the Firestick and go to the Main Menu
- Go to Settings and select Applications
- Locate the app you wish to remove and select Uninstall
- After the uninstallation, turn your Firestick off for about 1 to 2 minutes
- Download the software again by going to Search > Hulu
- Access Roku’s Main Menu and highlight the software
- On your remote, press on the star or asterisk button to show the list of commands
- Select Remove Channel
- Reboot your system for about 1 to 2 minutes
- Download the program again, find Hulu, and hit on Add Channel
Why Uninstall and Reinstall?
If you are one of the nonbelievers of the restarting magic, this activity is actually one of the few simple, but most effective solutions to all technological errors.
What this does is it rids the program off of all dead, pointless, and corrupted data that might have stored in your device.
Not just that, you will also be able to update the software while you’re at it!
Power Cycle Your Modem
Is your internet connection fine? It might be because of your connection to the internet. This next step would require you to be near your router or your modem.
Who knew that restarting your modem can help you do the trick?
- Unplug the power cable that links the modem to the power outlet or circuit
- This deactivates your modem completely
- Wait for about 2 to 3 minutes before inserting the cable back to the modem or router again
Not only will this reset your network status, but it’ll also refresh your modem’s connectivity to the web.
Some blockages and errors that might have accumulated within your network will be cleared off.
Power Cycle Your Device
Whether you are looking to use your television, your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or PC, the first thing you need to do is to perform a power cycle.
- Turn your device off for about 1 to 2 minutes
- Activate or turn it on again
- If you’re using streaming devices, turn your television off and unplug the HDMI cables that are connected to your TV to carry out the streaming
Restarting your computer or your mobile phone can do wonders. This simple activity can help you with the problems you are experiencing, no matter how difficult a particular problem is.
Try Activating Your Account Again
After you have done all those steps, it’s now time to try and activate your account.
- Using your app, log in using your email address and your nominated password
- From there, proceed to the Accounts Page
- Select the option that says Watch on Your Devices
- Alternatively, you can also choose to go directly to the activation page
- You will see a unique code that will be displayed on your television or whichever device you plan to access the video-on-demand service on
- Enter that on the app to activate your account
NOTE: You should input the code within 30 seconds of you receiving the code.
Are you experiencing the Hulu activate not working error? Is it not activating at all? This guide is the complete package! Follow these steps and be sure to access your favorite shows and movies again!
In case you are not able to fix it, you can always contact their technical support team, which operates 24/7! You can raise your concern about any other error you are encountering with the service.
Further Read: If you are experiencing connection errors, refer this guide on how to fix Hulu connection error for troubleshooting.
GET MORE STUFF LIKE THIS
IN YOUR INBOX
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.