Could you be having poor quality streaming on Hulu, and you are asking ‘Can you change Hulu streaming quality?
You deserve the best watching experience on the Hulu app on any device you have. How else can you do that if you cannot change the streaming quality?
Reading below will help you understand why the quality is bad and how you can improve it.
Hulu allows you to change the streaming quality on the web or mobile device during playbacks. You need to access the gear icon on the web to change the streaming quality. Access the account icon on your mobile device; select cellular data, then choose the quality you prefer.
Yes. It is very possible to change Hulus’s streaming quality, but you may first need to know what causes the poor video quality.
Several reasons may cause.
Below are some of them.
- Your internet connection is poor or the internet speed is low.
- You chose the low-quality setting.
- Your app or device is out of date.
- Cache and data are full or corrupted.
Note: Hulu quality streaming changes based on your internet speed. The faster the internet, the higher the quality of your video.
Now you are free to improve the Hulu streaming quality because you know what causes the issue. Continue reading below.
If Hulu streaming quality is bad, you can change the quality settings on your smart TV, Smartphone or computer device.
To have the best visual streaming experience on Hulu, you can use Hulu’s quality control settings.
They include data saver and Best available, which help you save data and give you the best visual experience during playbacks, respectively.
Let us see how you can improve the video on various platforms
Method #1: Change Hulu Quality Control
Best available is the default quality setting on Hulu web. However, you can change the settings during playback.
Use these steps to manage the settings.
Step #1: Tap the gear icon during playback.
Step #2: Click quality.
Step #3: Among the options, choose your preferred quality setting.
Your streaming quality may be poor due to the low speed of your internet. Run a speed test on your device to check the strength of your internet.
- Open your device’s web browser.
- Type in speedof.me
- Choose, Start test.
- You will see your internet speed.
Note: Hulu recommends 3Mbps if you stream from the Hulu library. For live streams, the speed should be 8Mbps and 16Mbps for 4k content.
Data saver is the default quality setting on mobile phones. You can change the settings if you are using mobile/cellular data. Use these steps to manage settings.
Step #1: Go to the home screen, then tap the account icon.
Step #2: Click settings followed by Cellular data usage.
Step #3: Choose the quality setting that you prefer.
You will need to close the app on your device fully. A simple exit leaves some background features running. If you fully leave the app, these features stop running, and your app can start afresh.
- Go to your device’s menu.
- Open Apps then All Apps.
- Select Hulu.
- Choose Force stop.
Always ensure that your app is up to date if you want it to serve you better. Check for Hulu updates on your android phone using these steps.
- Open your device’s google play store.
- Tap the three dots on the top right to open the menu.
- Select My apps and games.
- Choose Hulu
- Click update if an update is available.
If your device lacks the latest software or firmware, some features may not function well including the streaming quality. Always ensure that the device is up to date.
Use these steps.
Step #1: Go to your device’s settings.
Step #2: Tap System at the screen’s bottom.
Step #3: Click advanced or about phone.
Step #4: Select system update.
The cache is good since it contains data that help your device run effectively.
However, the data can be corrupted causing low quality streaming and other issues. So, clearing the cache can improve the streaming quality.
Use these steps.
- Go to your phone’s settings menu.
- Select apps, then choose Hulu.
- Click storage.
- Tap clear cache and clear data.
If your app has a poor streaming quality, you can uninstall it then reinstall it to solve the issue. Besides, it allows you to get the latest Hulu app with the latest features.
- Go to settings on your phone.
- Select Applications, then Manage applications.
- Choose All, then tap Hulu.
- Press Uninstall to remove the app.
- Please turn off your device, then wait for a minute to power it on.
- Go to Google play Store to Reinstall the app
Is Hulu video quality bad on your smart TV? Your device might be having an issue.
These methods can help you solve streaming issues on Hulu. Try each until the video quality improves.
Most times when you close the app then open it, the streaming quality improves. Follow these steps.
- Go to your TV’s settings menu.
- Choose Applications.
- Select Hulu, then click Force stop.
Open the app to see if the quality has improved.
To have the best streaming quality on Hulu, your internet speed should be above 3mbps for library videos.
If the video is a live stream, the speed should be above 8mbs. Conduct a speed test to see if your device meets the recommendation.
- Go to your device’s smart Hub, then choose Browser.
- In the search tab, type speed test.
- Scroll down to start the test.
- Click enter on your remote.
If the speed test on your device does not meet Hulu’s recommendations, kindly power cycle your device or upgrade to a better internet.
Simply power off your devices, including the router or modem. Wait for around three minutes, then power them on. Check if the internet issue is resolved.
Ensure your Hulu app runs the latest features if you want perfect streaming. Update using these steps.
- Go to your TV’s menu, then go to your apps.
- Choose google play store.
- Select my apps.
- Check if Hulu has any updates and click to update.
Your TV should run the latest software if you want all your apps to work well including Hulu’s streaming quality. Use these steps to update your smart TV.
- Go to your home screen, then select settings.
- Click help the select System Software Update.
- Click Upgrade Now.
Your device stores temporary data which enhances performance. These files can be corrupted, leading to streaming issues like poor video quality.
You will need to clear the cache to solve the issue.
- Head to the device’s settings.
- Go to applications then select Hulu.
- Click clear cache and clear data.
I hope the above methods solve your Hulu streaming issue on any device you use.
The above measures should help you improve the Hulu streaming quality on your device.
However, if you try all but none works, you can try other apps to see if they have a poor-quality video like Hulu’s. If not, you will need to contact Hulu customer support for assistance.
You can change Hulu streaming quality on the web by clicking the gear icon and selecting your preferred quality. Navigate to the settings menu on your mobile, then choose the account icon to change the streaming quality.
Read Next: When Do Shows Go on Hulu After Airing?
After going through this text, can you change Hulu streaming quality? I hope you can. The best streaming quality is what makes you enjoy your watching.
You can always manage quality control on Hulu web or your mobile device.
Besides, streaming quality adjusts based on your bandwidth. Hence you will always get the best streaming experience.
You can change Hulu’s streaming quality on the web or any device during playback. Go to the gear icon on the web, then select the quality you want. You can change the settings once you access the account icon on your device.
- Why Does Sharp Roku TV Keeps Restarting? Fix Guide - November 28, 2021
- Simplisafe Camera Disconnect? Best Fix Methods To Make It Work! - November 28, 2021
- Ecobee Alexa Not Working? Know How To Fix In Minutes - November 27, 2021