Hulu Connection error often frustrates users. Are you a video-on-demand user and you are experiencing this error? Can’t you find a way to resolve it?
Do not worry, in this guide, we will give you the simple-best solution to fix your streaming program. No, you do not need your internet service provider’s (ISP’s) support; you can do it all by yourself and just under 10 minutes!
Hulu Error Codes
Users of the streaming service have reported that they experienced different error codes. Some of the most common ones include:
- Error Code 400
- 500 Error
- Error Code 3 and 5
- Error Code 5003
- And Many More
Out of all these faults, the most common one is the Connection Failure alert or Errors 3 or 5.
How to Fix Hulu Connection Error
How can you fix this Hulu connection error on TV or other hardware that you have? Follow these simple steps to resolve your problem!
1. Power Cycle Your Modem/Router
Since it’s a problem with how you’re connected, the first step is to power cycle your modem or your router.
- Locate where your router or your modem is
- If it has a power button, turn it off
- Otherwise, pull the power cord to disconnect it
- Wait for about 2 minutes and have it back on again
What this does is this refreshes your router’s path to the web. Furthermore, it also clears out the link between your device and your router.
2. Restart Your Machine
The next step is quite self-explanatory; turn your gadget off and turn it back on again.
# If you’re using a PC, a laptop, a tablet, or a smartphone, turn it off and wait for 2 minutes before you turn it back on again.
# Should you be using your TV, disconnect it from Wi-Fi and turn it off. Wait for about 5 minutes before you turn it back on again. Reconnect it to your network.
Many people think that restarting the device wouldn’t be of much help. However, historically, it’s been proven to fix minor and major technological issues.
3. Clear Cache and Data
One possible reason why you are getting that particular error is because of corrupted data. In this scenario, what you can do is to clear the cache and data of that particular program.
You can do this by following these steps:
- Go to Settings
- Select Apps. Scroll down and find the app that you want to clear data from
- From there, choose Storage
- Below, you’ll see the options Clear Cache and Clear Data
- Press and hold the app that you want to clear data from
- Tick on the x button to uninstall it
- Once uninstalled, reinstall it by downloading it from the App Store again
- Search for Hulu on the apps list on your PC or your laptop
- Click on the Advanced Options/App Settings button, it will give you a list of other options
- From there, just hit on Reset. This will reset all cached data from the application
4. Make Sure Hulu is Up-to-Date
The video-on-demand program received several reports about it not functioning if the version is outdated.
So, the next thing you have to do is to make sure that it’s the most recent or the most updated version.
- Go to the App Store or the Google Play Store
- Locate the app
- Check if it’s the most updated version. If it’s not, it will give you the option to update it. If it’s updated, then it’ll just say, “Open.”
5. Update Your Device’s Operating System
After power cycling or restarting your internet connection; after you’ve restarted your device and you’ve performed clear cache and data; and if the app’s in its most updated version, the next step you need to do is to make sure that your operating system is up-to-date.
There are instances where some programs would malfunction because the operating system of the device is outdated.
- From your Android smartphone, Open Settings
- Try and locate the Software Updates option
- It will scan for any updates and if your device is up-to-date, it’ll say so
- Otherwise, it will give you the information on the versions that you can upgrade to
- Open the Settings from your iPhone
- Select General from the list of settings available
- Hit on Software Update
- If it’s updated, it’ll give you the confirmation that your OS is up-to-date
- If not, however, it’ll tell you that you can update
NOTE: Apple also has an Automatic Update feature where it will give you a notification when a new version is available. If it is enabled on your phone, you don’t have to worry about your operating system being up-to-date.
Once you have accomplished all those steps, the last and the final step is to restart your device. What this does is it refreshes the software on your mobile phone, as well as the software it runs on.
This should now get you the fix on all the error codes you’ve been receiving regarding your video-on-demand service.
6. Uninstall and Reinstall the Software
So, you did everything like how we listed it and you’re still getting that particular prompt – what is the next best thing to do?
Since you’ve already done deleting the cached storage and data; and you’ve restarted everything, the next thing you can do is to uninstall it and reinstall it again.
Android and iOS
- Open the apps panel and select the application you want to uninstall
- Press and hold it and select Uninstall (for Android); and the x button (for iOS)
- Go to the Control Panel
- See Programs and Features
- Find Hulu from that list and click on Uninstall
After that, just reinstall the software again and enjoy it without all the inconsistencies!
You can also choose to contact their 24/7 customer service and technical support team should you have other questions, inquiries, and concerns you want to raise.
Is that Hulu connection error still bothering you? Worry no more! This simple but effective guide will be everything you need!
Further read. Getting issues with Firestick? Check out our guide on how to fix Hulu not working in firestick for more details