Wondering how to connect Blink camera to WiFi? Wonder no further and keep reading.
Your Blink camera can ONLY connect to the 2.4Ghz band of your router. In case your router supports a 5Ghz network and you’re using it, don’t worry we got you covered!
Here we’ll help you set your 2.4Ghz network and connect your Blink camera with ease.
To connect your Blink camera to WiFi, you would need to download & install the mobile application first. Then you would need to hook up your smartphone to the 2.4Ghz band that you’re going to use and log in to your account. Lastly, you need to set up the Sync Module and add your camera.
Before we jump into it, here is a quick guide on how to create a 2.4Ghz network so you can use it in the steps.
If you already have 2.4Ghz WiFi, jump straight to the steps.
The Blink cameras can only connect to the 2.4Ghz network so if you don’t have one, now you’ll learn how to create it.
You would need to log in to your router’s control panel so take a Windows computer and let’s start.
Note: The computer that you will be using has to be connected to your router. You can either use a WiFi adapter or an Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser and insert this address 192.168.0.1.
- Log in to your router’s control panel using admin/admin or admin/password.
- Once you’re in, go to the Advanced Settings.
- Choose Network Settings.
- If you’re using the 5Ghz network you can easily switch it to the 2.4Ghz band.
- If you want to keep the 5Ghz network, you can create another network on the 2.4Ghz band (most routers support both).
- Set the name and password for your network.
- Restart your router.
Once the 2.4Ghz WiFi is ready you can proceed with the steps to connect your Blink camera to the newly made WiFi network.
There is nothing to prepare since the steps below contain absolutely everything you need to know.
The only requirement would be not to skip any of the steps since everything is important.
The first step would be to install the mobile app on your smartphone. If you have the app set up and you’re logged in, jump to step #2.
To download & install the Blink application, follow the steps below:
- The app is available for Android & iOS so open your smartphone App Store.
- Type “Blink Home Monitor” in the search field.
- Download the application.
- Once installed, open the application.
If you already have a registration, simply type your email and password, then hit the Sign In button.
If you’re a new customer, without an account yet, click on the Create Account at the bottom and follow the steps below:
- Select your country from the drop menu.
- Press Next and Confirm your region.
- Enter a valid email address.
- Enter a strong password.
- Complete the verification process.
- Go to your email to get the sent PIN.
- Insert the PIN to activate your account.
- Add your mobile number.
- Verify the number.
- You’re done.
Now when you’ve got a Blink account, simply login to the application and you’re ready to proceed with the next step.
To add your camera, thus connect it to WiFi, you would need to establish the sync module first.
Follow the steps below:
- When you’re at the home screen in the app, click on the “+” icon.
- You will be redirected to the Add Device screen with ALL available options.
- Choose the Blink wireless camera system.
- The app will ask for permission to use your phone’s camera. Allow It.
- Then on the back of your camera Scan the QR code (the serial number).
- The app will ask for a name for your system. Add name.
- Tap on Discover Device and plug in your Sync Module.
- Wait for a blinking blue light.
- The sync module will emit a temporary (setup) WiFi. Join the WiFi.
- Once there you will be able to choose your network. (2.4Ghz).
- Insert your WiFi password to connect.
Now when the sync module is connected, it’s really simple to hook up your camera too.
The sync module is now communicating with the Blink servers and you only need to add it to the Blink devices. In your case the camera.
When you’re ready with setting up the Sync module, it’s time to learn how to connect Blink camera to WiFi.
Once you add the camera to your Blink devices and connect it with the sync module the camera will be connected to the WiFi that your system uses.
To add your camera, follow the steps below:
Note: It does not matter whether your camera is outdoors or indoors.
- In the mobile application, tap the plus sign “+”, at the home screen.
- Choose the Blink Wireless Camera option.
- Scan the QR code on the sticker of your camera.
- The app will announce “Camera added successfully”.
- Hit Done.
At this point, your camera will be connected to the sync module, thus to the WiFi.
You can now enjoy the functionalities of your Blink setup and make the most out of them.
If after step #4 you are seeing “Unable to Connect To Sync Module” you can try these fixes:
- Restart your modem/router.
- Use another phone/tablet to download and install the app.
- Uninstall any VPN services.
- Relive your WiFi off unnecessary devices.
- Turn OFF mobile data.
- Make sure your phone is using the same WiFi as your sync module.
- Re-connect to the sync module using Step #3.
If nothing works and your camera is not able to connect to the sync module, you can call Blink for additional help.
Apparently, something may be wrong with either your devices or your account.
Thus to hook up a Blink camera to WiFi you would need to download and install the mobile app. Login to your account and set up the sync module. Once done, you only need to add the camera as a device and it will be connected to the sync module, thus to the WiFi.
Now when you know how to connect Blink camera to WiFi, what’s left would be to expand your Blink equipment.
There are a variety of options and if you ever need help with setting one of them up, you’ll definitely find an answer in our blog.
- Blink Live View Not Supported? – Complete Fix Guide - December 3, 2022
- Chefman Electric Kettle Won’t Turn On? – Fix Guide - December 3, 2022
- How to Fix Nanit Night Vision Not Working? – Complete Fix! - December 3, 2022