In case the Blink camera live view not working, we have an easy solution for you!
If you have issues with the live view of the Blink camera, there is most likely a problem with the sync module that works with your camera device.
The camera may appear to have intermittent connectivity issues, which in most cases can be solved by resetting the device.
To fix the Blink camera’s live view, power cycle the Blink camera device and hard reset the sync module. Fix issues with your network and plug the sync module into a different power source. At last, perform a factory default reset on the Blink camera and sync module.
Let’s first learn what is the reason for the live view issue of the Blink camera.
If the live view of the Blink camera isn’t working properly, there certainly is something that you’re doing wrong.
With most Blink camera interfaces, there is a button that respectively enables and disables the live view of your camera device, so check on that first.
To illustrate the causes better, here is what might have happened to the Blink camera:
1. Live View Isn’t Enabled
In the interface of the Blink camera within the Blink app, there is a “Live View” button that must be pressed.
2. Worn-Out Batteries
If the Blink camera isn’t working along with the live view, then most certainly your camera has run out of batteries.
3. Problem With Sync Module
The sync module, also called the base station, is the device that your camera syncs to. A problem with the device will restrict your camera from live view streams.
4. Connectivity Issues
A connectivity problem with your sync module will impact the live view of your camera as well.
5. Malfunctioning Camera
If the camera isn’t working at all, then you may be looking at a faulty hardware of the Blink camera.
Those were the most frequently reported causes whenever the live view stopped working. To fix the issue, check out the upcoming fix guide.
One thing that all electronics have in common is that when they run out of batteries, you will notice a decrease in their performance.
That also applies to the Blink camera, hence, if your camera is running low on charge the live view will be temporarily not functional.
Let’s start with the obvious first steps and build our way up to more complex fixes:
First of all, the live view must be toggled for the respective Blink camera.
That’s to say because the live view is not something you always have enabled, instead, it is a separate feature specific for each of the Blink cameras.
Here’s how to toggle the live view of the Blink camera to the ON side within the Blink app:
- On your smartphone, open the Blink app.
- In the devices tab, choose the Blink camera you wish to enable live view for.
- Go into the settings of the Blink camera.
- In the bottom left corner, hit the Live View button that has a little camera icon labeled on it.
Note: Follow the on-screen instructions after tapping the live view button to be able to watch the broadcast on your camera.
If the live view button doesn’t do anything upon pressing it or you get an error message, it’s most likely because you haven’t synced your camera.
By syncing your camera with the module, you will have the live stream view possible for you to watch.
Here’s how to resync the Blink camera to the module or sync it for the first time:
- On your smartphone device, access the Blink application.
- Tap on the “Add Device” icon, which is labeled with a “+”.
- Select the QR Code option and you will be sent to the camera of your phone.
- Go next to the Blink camera and scan the QR code on the back of the device.
- Follow the remaining instructions to create a system if you still haven’t done it.
Note: If you already have a Blink system that has the sync module and camera within it, create a new one.
If the live view doesn’t trigger, chances are that the Blink camera has glitched.
You can easily solve the issue by performing a power reset on the camera by reinserting the batteries located in the compartment.
Here’s how to power reset the Blink camera in easy steps:
- Go next to the Blink camera.
- Take it off the wall stand.
- Disengage the back compartment of the camera.
- Locate the two batteries on each side of the internal part of the camera.
- Take both of the batteries out.
- Standby for 5 minutes with the batteries taken out.
- Reinsert the batteries at once after 5 minutes.
Note: Place the batteries with the correct sides facing the electric poles for the Blink camera to receive sufficient electricity.
Chances are that there’s an issue with the WiFi router that connects to your sync module.
That will immediately disrupt the live view of the Blink camera and you won’t be able to access it until further notice.
Note: Make sure that you hard reset the WiFi router that the Blink sync module is connected to in order to refresh the Wi-Fi of the module.
Here’s how to hard reset your WiFi router in easy steps:
- Head over to your network’s WiFi router.
- Locate the power adapter of the router.
- Disconnect the power supply of the network device from the power source.
- Standby for 5 minutes until the router gets completely discharged.
- Reattach the power adapter once your router starts feeling cold on touch.
Ensure that you’ve attached the power adapter correctly to the power source once the hard reset is complete and test the live view functionality.
In case nothing else helped, feel free to perform a reset on the Sync module and the Blink camera unit.
That’s going to assist in the fixing of software issues, bugs, and glitches that might be preventing the live view from working.
Let’s begin with resetting your sync module:
- Go to the sync module.
- Locate the reset button on top of the sync module.
- Hold it down until the LED turns LED.
- Release the button.
- Take your camera off the wall stand.
- Locate the small reset button underneath the head of the camera.
- Hold it down for 15 seconds.
- Release your camera’s reset button.
Note: Re-add the camera to the Blink app and sync it with the module once the reset is complete.
Thus, to fix the live view of the Blink camera, power cycle the device along with the sync module. Re-add the camera from the Blink app and make sure it is connected with the module. At last, reset both, the sync module and the camera after.
Read Next: Why Is Blink Camera Not Recording Motion?
After learning what could be causing the Blink camera live view not working problem, we hope you were able to fix the problem.
Feel free to contact Blink in case of a more serious problem that also impacts the functionality of the camera and not only the live view.
- Vicks Humidifier Not Steaming? – (Here’s How to Fix!) - October 20, 2023
- Kindle Paperwhite Not Waking Up? – (Try These Solutions) - October 20, 2023
- Why Is My Hisense TV Blinking Red Light? – (Instant Fix) - October 20, 2023