Is your Wemo smart plug not detected? Several consumers have reported issues with their WeMo devices.
Many of them have had the problem of their WeMo smart plug failing to be identified no matter how hard they tried.
Turning off and on your mobile device’s Wi-Fi is an effective solution. It’s critical to understand that the issue is limited to the Wemo app. The app will say “Not Detected,” but Wemo is connected to your home Wi-Fi network and continues to work on a schedule, timer, and other functions.
If you’re one of the puzzled users who isn’t sure how to cope with this issue, don’t worry; we’ve got you covered!
We will discuss some options for resolving this issue in this article. So, let’s get started!
There are many reasons as to why your Wemo plus isn’t being detected, below are a few of them:
- Problems with the application
- Interference with the WIFI connection
- Defective device
- A factory reset may need to be performed
Fortunately, this is a rather simple, common issue, and we have developed some easy fix steps to get your Wemo Smart plug back up and running.
For many customers who have encountered this problem, this method has shown to be the easiest way to resolve it, at least for them.
All you have to do is execute a fresh reinstall of the software to give it a shot.
When uninstalling the app, we recommend restarting your device for the best results. After that, you may install the most recent version of the software.
One thing to keep in mind is that the WeMo app performs better when connected to a 2.4GHz network. By going into your router’s settings, you may quickly switch to 2.4GHz.
To change the Wi-Fi settings, simply go to the Wi-Fi settings.
Note: Alternatively, we propose that you change your router or network. Check to see if that works for you.
We recommend that you keep an eye on your device while it is detecting the smart plug.
If it’s a blinking orange light, you’ll probably have to start over with the setup. As the orange light indicates, it is unable to connect to the WIFI.
- Simply reboot the device
- Repeat the setup process
The blinking orange light should go away once the configuration is complete and you have a stable network.
This is a very straightforward method, yet it can be very effective. As one of the final methods try unplugging and then reconnecting your smart plug.
As the device tries to connect to the Wi-Fi network again, the connection will be reset.
Another effective method to get your Wemo Smart Plug to work again will be to run through a short power cycle.
- Remove the smart plug from the power socket.
- Switch off the smart device it is connected to.
- Wait for 10 minutes.
- Switch on your smart device.
- Plug the smart plug back into the power socket.
Note: Once you have performed the power cycle make sure to try to reconnect the 2 devices back together.
As a final resort, perform a factory reset if none of the other options work. Keep in mind that resetting Wemo smart plugs to factory defaults will wipe off all data and settings.
And you can’t get them back. After the reset, you may need to remove and reinstall the program.
There are two ways to restore the factory settings on a Wemo smart plug.
Both ways should be used. However, you must first reset through the app, as this approach cannot be used after manually resetting Wemo devices.
Manually resetting may not be able to remove rules, names, schedules, or other data.
As a result, you may occasionally see an outdated name in the app, or Wemo may retain old schedules, and so on.
To reset using the official Wemo app, follow these steps:
- Start the app.
- Select “Edit (a pencil icon)” from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on the Wemo device you’d like to reset.
- Select “Reset Options” from the drop-down menu.
- Tap “Erase All Content and Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Yes” or “OK” from the drop-down menu.
If you want to perform a manual reset, follow these steps:
- Remove the Wemo smart plug.
- Keep the reset button pressed.
- Wemo should be plugged in when the button is held down.
- Hold the button down for roughly 5 seconds before releasing it.
- For 60 to 90 seconds, the LED indicator flashes.
- It’s finished when the LED indicator alternates between Amber and Blue (Switch), Amber and White (Mini), or Amber and green (Insight).
If the above methods and steps haven’t been able to assist you further in fixing the Wemo smart plug not detected issue, we suggest reaching out to the Wemo support team.
They should be able to provide you with further troubleshooting steps or may suggest that the Smart plug itself is faulty.
Read Next: Why is Wemo Light Switch Blinking?
A power cycle of the Wemo smart plug usually solves the problem of the Wemo plug not detected. Restarting the app and/or your mobile device’s Wi-Fi will also help. However, none of them resolve the difficulties; as a last resort, execute a factory reset.
After going through the above method, we hope you are now up and running and you are having no further troubles with your Smart device.
As mentioned above this could be a hardware issue, if you have run through all the above steps and you are still having issues.
It will be better to speak with Wemo to see if you might be able to get a replacement smart plug sent out to yourself and see if this new one works.
For more articles relating to Wemo smart devices, make sure to subscribe to our blog that specializes in resolving these issues.
- Why Is My TV Volume Keeps Going Up and Down by Itself? Complete Fix - October 15, 2021
- How to Remove Old Honeywell Thermostat from Wall? - October 15, 2021
- Light Bulb Making High Pitched Noise? Here’s How to Fix! - October 15, 2021