If your Pluto TV guide not working, then we have just the solution for you!
The guide in your Pluto TV application could often be giving you trouble due to a variety of sources.
However, today we will explore most of them and come up with truthful solutions that will resolve the problem once and for all!
To resolve problems with your Pluto TV guide, first, try restarting the application and reconnecting your device with the internet. If that didn’t work, try performing a hard reset on the device and make sure that your Pluto app is updated. Lastly, reinstall Pluto if nothing helped.
Since many users have problems with their Pluto on Firestick and the variety of Android boxes, we will review two separate guides for both of the devices!
In case the guide on your Pluto is not opening or resulting in weird behavior, here you’ll find the best available solutions to solve the problem.
Note: Keep in mind that these solutions could also work for your Android box, even though you’ll find a dedicated guide below.
To begin the troubleshooting guide, we suggest performing a reboot on your Firestick. That will cold boot the device and hopefully, solve the guide problem.
Follow the steps down below to reboot your Firestick:
- On your Firestick remote, press the home button and hold it down.
- Wait for the settings to appear and navigate to “My Fire TV”.
- Scroll down until you find the “Restart” button and press it.
A restart will now follow up on your Firestick and afterward, you should try the Pluto TV app.
If your Pluto TV application is outdated, you might not be able to access the provided guide feature.
In that regard, our next suggestion is to update the application through your Firestick’s app store.
Follow the instructions below to perform a system update on your Pluto application:
- Go to the home screen of your Fire TV.
- Navigate to the Apps tab and highlight Pluto TV.
- Press the horizontal lines and then tap “More Info”.
- Select “Check For Updates” and wait.
You will be forwarded to a separate tab where you can apply the newest firmware update available for the application. If there is an update, press “Download & Install” and wait.
Since the Pluto TV application is an online platform that provides television, you need a reliable internet connection to stream any broadcasts.
If your Firestick happens to lose connection, the Pluto TV guide will become inaccessible.
In that regard, your next move is to reconnect your Firestick to the internet:
- Open the Settings tab through your Firestick home page.
- Select Network and then choose your own household’s WiFi.
- Enter your WiFi security key (password).
- Press Connect and wait.
If everything is okay with your internet, your Firestick should automatically connect. The guide should now be working. If not, proceed with the next solution.
If nothing worked so far, then you should reinstall the Pluto TV app to resolve your guide problem.
Reinstalling the app will permanently erase all files, including any corrupted data that might be impacting your Guide functionality.
Here is how to reinstall Pluto TV on your Firestick in easy steps:
- Open the settings of your Firestick and head to the “Applications” tab.
- Click on “Manage Installed Applications” and choose Pluto TV.
- An “Uninstall” button should appear in the quick access menu.
- Select the Uninstall button and wait.
- Once Pluto has finished reinstalling, go to Firestick’s app store.
- In the search field, write “Pluto TV” and download the application again.
- Sign in to your account and test the guide.
That should be enough to solve the Pluto TV Guide problem on your Firestick.
However, if you’re using Pluto TV on Android box, proceed with the following solutions to solve the Guide issue.
If you’re having an Android box and Pluto TV’s guide doesn’t seem to work there, we’ve got you covered as well.
In the upcoming solutions, you will find all it takes to resolve problems with your Pluto TV app.
A workaround past any sort of problems related to applications on your Android box is the cold boot.
It practically works like a power cycle, so follow the steps down below to cold boot your Android box:
- Disconnect the Android box’s power cable from the wall outlet.
- Wait for 5 minutes (no cheating, wait for the box to become cold).
- After 5 minutes have passed, re-attach the adapter.
- Turn on your Android box and test out Pluto TV.
In case that was not enough and Pluto TV guide not working even after power cycling your Android box, proceed with clearing the app cache.
We suggest clearing your Android box’s app cache. That will definitely be useful when there is corrupted data, preventing you from using your application normally.
You can clear the app cache of your Android box by going Settings > Applications > Clear Data > Clear App Cache.
Note: You might be required to log in to your Pluto TV account after the cache is erased.
Test the guide now and if it’s still not working then the problem might be coming from your internet so let’s find out!
As with Firestick, your Android box must always be connected to the internet in order to stream anything from Pluto TV.
In that regard, we suggest heading over to the network tab in the settings of your device to make sure that everything is correct in regard to an internet connection.
If you got disconnected by any means, then you should scan for networks in the same tab and connect to your own WiFi by inserting the key.
Once everything is set up with the internet on your smart box, try using Pluto TV again.
Alert: Make sure that your WiFi is reliable before you continue any further.
Like with the Firestick, reinstalling Pluto on the Android box is always a good approach against issues related to bad data or corrupted files.
Follow the steps below to reinstall Pluto TV on your Android box:
- Go to the Settings of your smart box and select “Apps”.
- Under the “Downloaded apps” tab, choose “Delete” for Pluto TV.
- Click on “Uninstall” and wait.
- Once the process has been finalized, reinstall Pluto through Google Play.
- Sign in to your account and test.
After the application is cleanly installed the Guide issue should no longer be there.
If however, you still experience weird problems, make sure to contact Pluto TV customer service for more information.
To fix the Pluto guide regardless of the platform, reinstall the application and make sure your device has an internet connection. Clear the app cache of your device and if nothing works, perform a clean installation.
Read Next: How to Get Free Channels on Smart TV Easily?
Now that you know why the Pluto TV guide not working, we hope you were able to resolve that problem on your own.
Moreover, contacting Pluto is always a good approach in case our solutions did not help.
- Sanyo TV Screen Goes Black After A Few Seconds? Complete Fix! - May 13, 2022
- Why Sonos Move Won’t Connect To Bluetooth? Fix Guide - May 13, 2022
- How To Delete My Peacock Account? Complete Guide! - May 13, 2022