If you are wondering why does Pluto TV play the same episodes, this guide will help!
One of the odd problems that most Pluto TV users experience is the repetition of the same episodes of a specific show on their 24/7 live channels, so let’s uncover the issue’s origin.
When your Pluto TV keeps replaying the same episodes on Live TV, it could be due to a limited content library and a licensing agreement with the content owners.
In this case, try exploring other Live TV channels or on-demand shows for uninterrupted streaming.
Let’s move forward to find out more information!
Why Does Pluto TV Show the Same Episodes?
There are different factors that can cause the Pluto TV app to repeat the same episodes for a particular channel.
The issue can be related to content rotation policies, algorithm patterns, or technical issues, so it is essential to identify the underlying reasons before looking for a fix!
Here is the list of some possible causes for the Pluto TV episode repetition:
There are many possibilities, but fear not and continue reading the troubleshooting guide!
Why Does Pluto TV Play the Same Episodes? – Easy Fix!
1. Limited Pluto Content Library
While Pluto TV has a wide range of channels, its content library is relatively limited compared to other streaming services.
Also, the channel’s content is scheduled and aired at specific hours, meaning certain shows or episodes would repeat after the scheduled period.
It also makes sense that this is how the TV channels operate and manage the content.
In such a case, you can do nothing to remove or disable the episode repetition on your Pluto Live TV app, instead, explore different live TV channels, on-demand shows, and TV show episodes.
Tip: You cannot control the content of live TV programs!
2. Content Licensing Constraints
Pluto TV is a free streaming service, so you probably have less control over it. This is because Pluto TV relies on content licensing agreements with the owners of the TV shows and movies.
These agreements decide how often specific episodes can be shown or repeated on certain channels.
Here we have some suggestions for you:
- Explore some more channels or genres.
- Adjust your media/content expectations.
- Test using a different streaming service.
- Watch on-demand TV shows and series.
In this way, you can entertain yourself by watching different shows instead of being frustrated by repeated episodes because of Live TV’s content schedule and availability.
This is something beyond your control, so we recommend streaming on-demand content as per your preference!
3. Soft-Reset the Streaming Device!
If you have noticed the episode’s repetitions on different Live TV channels, it could be due to network glitches or problems with temporary data storage.
To fix this, simply restart your streaming device to clear any temporary or playback issues from the Pluto TV player device!
Here are the simple steps to restart your device:
How to Soft-Reset Your Phone?
- Find, press, and hold the Power button.
- Then, wait until the power menu appears.
- Choose the “Restart” option on the screen.
- Wait until the phone automatically restarts.
How to Soft-Reset Your Smart TV?
- First, press the “Home” button on the remote.
- Open the TV “Settings” to access the menu.
- Scroll down and choose the “System” option.
- Press on “System Restart” and then confirm.
How to Soft-Reset Your Xbox?
- Press the “Xbox” button on the controller.
- Then, scroll to the “Profile & System” tab.
- Press “Settings,” then “Restart Console.”
How to Soft-Reset Your PS4/5?
- Press and hold the power button.
- Wait until you hear a second beep.
- Then, simply wait for a few minutes.
- Finally, press the PS power button.
Once your streaming devices completely boot up, launch the Pluto TV app, play different Live TV channels for some time, and check for the episode’s repetition.
In case your Pluto TV app continues to play the same TV episodes over and over, then you’re facing an application bug!
Info: Soft-resetting your streaming device also refreshes the Pluto TV application!
4. Clear the Pluto TV Cache and Data!
If restarting your streaming device doesn’t work and Pluto TV keeps repeating the episode, you must clear the Pluto TV app cache and data.
This step is essential because, over time, Pluto TV generates this data to speed up the app’s performance.
Well, in some cases, piled-up cache causes the opposite and makes your streaming device lag, so it’s essential to refresh the app by clearing the cache data.
Warning: The steps to clearing the Pluto TV app cache will sign you out from your account!
Here is how to clear the Pluto TV app cache:
- First, close and exit from the Pluto TV app.
- Then, navigate to your device’s “Settings.”
- Next, scroll down and press on the “Apps.”
- Then, choose “Manage all Applications.”
- Look for the “Pluto TV app” and select it.
- Then, locate and press on “Clear Cache.”
- Press “Clear Data”. and restart the device.
Test: Launch the Pluto TV app and check for the episodes' repetition on Live TV channels!
5. Check Your Internet Connection!
Remember that the Pluto TV app requires a stable internet connection for a smooth viewing experience.
If your Pluto TV application cannot stream the next episode and currently repeats the same broadcast, perhaps it’s unable to load.
Here are some good practices to ensure a stable internet:
- Test your internet connection speed.
- Use a wired connection for streaming.
- Use 2.4 GHz over the 5 GHz frequency.
- Limit the WiFi usage for optimization.
- Keep the router’s firmware up to date.
- Close other apps when using Pluto TV.
- Use a good quality Ethernet cable link.
- Disable VPNs or proxies from your router.
When you are sure your internet connection works fine, check for the episodes on your Pluto TV app and whether the same one will repeat.
If yes, then keep reading further into the solutions!
6. Update the Pluto TV Application!
You must ensure you have the latest Pluto TV app installed on your mobile device because an outdated version can frequently lead to playback issues.
This is an ideal workaround to refresh and resolve the software-related issues from the app for a smooth experience without repeating!
How to Update Apps on Mobile?
- Open the app store on your device.
- Enter “Pluto TV” and then search.
- Next, check the “Update” button.
- Carry out the pending app updates!
How to Update Apps on Smart TV?
- First, navigate to your TV home screen.
- Scroll and locate the Pluto TV app icon.
- Then, simply highlight the Pluto TV app.
- Press the Settings or “*” on your remote.
- Select “Check for Updates” or “Update.“
Info: The steps for updating Pluto TV on your streaming device might not be the same, so in case of any trouble, consult with the user’s manual.
7. Update Your Device OS Version
Remember that updating your device’s software version is as important as updating your Pluto TV app for a smooth streaming experience.
This is because if your Pluto TV app is updated, but your device is running on outdated software, you may start to experience compatibility issues!
Here is how you can update your device OS:
How to Update Smart TVs?
- Head over to the TV Settings.
- Scroll and press on “System.”
- Press on “Firmware Update.”
- Press the “Check Now” button.
How to Update Smartphones?
- Head over to your phone Settings.
- Then go to “General” > “Update”.
- OR scroll down and enter “System.”
- Then press on “System Update.”
When everything is updated, open your updated Pluto TV app to check for the episode’s status!
8. View Pluto TV on the Web (Workaround)
Another option is to watch Pluto TV in your web browser on your PC or laptop for the best viewing and streaming experience.
This is a great and convenient way to watch your favorite shows without downloading the app and dealing with application problems on your devices.
Here is how you can watch Pluto TV on the web:
You can watch Pluto TV through a browser by going to https://Pluto.TV.
Your device must only be connected to the internet, and after you sign in, you can stream any TV show or movie without the same episodes playing on repeat.
We recommend using the Google Chrome browser for a tested streaming performance.
Note: If you need more help or guidance, contact Pluto TV Support!
The reason why Pluto TV plays the same episodes could be because of a limited content library and content licensing agreement.
You may resolve the issue by clearing the app cache, updating the Pluto TV app, and completely reinstalling the application.
Follow us for more Pluto TV troubleshooting guides!
- Vicks Humidifier Not Steaming? – (Here’s How to Fix!) - October 20, 2023
- Kindle Paperwhite Not Waking Up? – (Try These Solutions) - October 20, 2023
- Why Is My Hisense TV Blinking Red Light? – (Instant Fix) - October 20, 2023