Are you trying to find a concise tutorial on how to program Xfinity remote to Vizio TV? Can’t you find the walkthrough that can help you with what you need indefinitely?
Don’t worry, because you’re not alone – and by that we mean almost a thousand people look for the answer to this problem monthly.
And in this guide, we’ll finally be putting an end to that dilemma.
You can program your Xfinity remote to your Vizio TV with or without the code. You just must follow a few easy and simple steps to do it.
How do I program my Xfinity remote to my Vizio TV? In setting up your zapper to control your TV box, you would need a few things to start.
You have to be sure of the following information before you go about performing the synchronization:
The type and kind of remote you’re using is relevant because it can help you with the process.
In fact, most remotes would have different buttons, making it difficult for you to understand certain guides.
Here are the different Xfinity remotes currently available in the market:
- Silver With Gray OK-Select Button
- Silver With Red OK-Select Button
- Digital Adapter Remote
- XR16 – Voice Remote
- XR15 – Voice Remote
- XR11 – Voice Remote
One good tip to always keep in mind is that most of the functions of these remotes are the same. They’ll just differ in terms of how they’re labeled and how they’re called.
Of course, you wouldn’t be able to use your remote control if it does not have working batteries.
This should be the first thing you want to check because if this one is crossed out, you can’t proceed to the further steps of this guide.
This code is the code that tells the model and unit of your television apart. It’s what makes it unique out of all the tens of thousands of televisions that have been manufactured.
You can find the manufacturer code by looking it up online or by contacting Vizio for it.
Now that you know what you need, here are the steps on how you can pair and program your Xfinity remote to your Vizio TV.
There are actually a few different ways on how you can pair your Xfinity remote to your television.
We’ll teach you all these methods so you can choose from them and see what the best and the most effective are for you.
One way of programming your Xfinity remote to your Vizio TV is by using the Xfinity My Account app.
However, do take note that this only works if you have an Xfinity TV box at home.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Download the Xfinity My Account app on your smartphone or tablet.
- After downloading, open the app and tap the TV icon.
- Select the TV box that you own and hit on Setup a Remote.
- Find the remote control that matches the TV box and press Continue.
- Choose TV or Audio/Other and follow the on-screen instructions for programming.
Note: It’s available for both the Android and the iOS operating systems.
2. Programming Xfinity Remote (With the TV Code)
Another option is to program your Xfinity remote by using a TV code.
Most likely, the code you will need for your Vizio TV would be 11758. You can also try others, they include 10864, 10178, 11756, 10885.
Now that you know what code you need to use, here’s the process on how to do it.
- Turn the television on and ensure that you’re in the correct input.
- Navigate to Setup.
- Enter the appropriate TV code (see values above).
You would know that the TV code you’ve entered is correct when the LED indicator blinks twice. If it’s incorrect, it will give you a single long blink.
With a TV code, everything is easier! As a matter of fact, you’ll never have any problems doing it! But what if you don’t have a TV code? Would it still be possible to program it?
Yes, absolutely! You can!
Should you be part of the demographic that doesn’t have a TV code, here’s the process to do it!
If you see that your remote has a button that says Setup, this is the process you should follow:
- Press and hold Setup until the remote’s light changes from Red to Green.
- Key the numbers 9-9-1 on the remote.
- You should see the light green flash twice.
- After that, slowly and steadily press the Channel Up button.
- When it turns off, press Setup on the remote. This locks the code in.
- Then, lastly, power the TV on by pressing the power button. You’ll know that you’re successful when it turns on.
If your remote control does not have a Setup button, here’s the process to follow.
- Turn on and activate your television.
- Press and hold both the Mute and the Xfinity buttons until the light changes from Red to Green.
- Then, type in the TV Code for the manufacturer.
- If it blinks red, try a different code out.
- If it blinks green, the code is correct.
- After that, aim the remote control to the TV and hit on the Power button.
That concludes the process! It’s easy, right? Even if you’re not tech-savvy, you’ll be able to do it!
So, those are the methods of programming your Xfinity remote to your Vizio TV! As you can see, you neither have to be a professional or a technical expert to do it!
If you’ve carefully done the guide and you find that it’s still not working, the next best thing to do is to contact the TV manufacturer about it.
Contact Vizio and tell them that you’re trying to use a universal remote and it’s still not working properly.
They should give the assistance and the help you’re looking for remotely. Otherwise, they’ll send in technicians to perform a complete checkup of your equipment.
The next time that you find out how to program Xfinity remote to Vizio TV, go back to this guide and resolve the problem in a few hours!
You will never be afraid when you ever encounter a situation like this ever again!
- iHome Speaker Keeps Disconnecting? Here’s How To Fix! - July 3, 2022
- Sony TV Screen Mirroring Keeps Disconnecting? – Complete Fix Guide! - July 3, 2022
- Can You Undelete A Discord Server? – Complete Guide - July 3, 2022