How do I reset WiFi on Alexa?” It’s not uncommon to ask yourself this question if you’re an Alexa-enabled device user. Many people are in the constant wonder of how to do it, all of which have different reasons to do.
Should you be one of the people who is looking for the solution, fret not! In this step-by-step guide, we will teach you how to reset Alexa WiFi in a few easy steps! You do not need to be a seasoned user of the virtual assistant, neither do you need to be an IT professional.
It’s so easy and convenient that you might be amazed at how fast you can complete it. Before we dive right in, let us first try discussing several reasons why you might need to refresh your device’s connection to the network.
Why Reset Alexa WiFi?
There could be many different reasons on why you’re asking how do I reset Alexa WiFi.
However, the most common ones include:
- It’s not connecting to the internet even with a correct password
- The modem/router it’s connected to doesn’t have a stable connection
- You’re not able to use your advanced virtual assistant
- You want to connect it to a different source
- Connection keeps on dropping
- And many more
All these situations are the most common ones users are experiencing; and, with a single refresh of its connection to your network, you’re already one step ahead in solving the problem.
In case you are experiencing any, or all of these, do not worry about it any longer. This step-by-step guide will definitely be the best and the most comprehensive solution to your problem!
How Do I Reset WiFi on Alexa?
Whatever reason you might have on your likes of refreshing the internet maybe on your Echo, your Echo Dot, or any other devices that are built and made ready with your virtual assistant, this will be the key.
Step 1. Open the Alexa App and Login
Everything’s easier and better with the Amazon Alexa program. The first thing you have to do is to access and open the app if you have it already. Otherwise, follow these steps to be able to download:
- Go to the App Store or the Google Play Store
- Search for the Amazon Alexa App
- Hit on Download and wait for the installation to finish
- Signup or login using your Amazon account
Step 2. Click on the Menu Icon
After you successfully login, you will be redirected to the homepage of the software. This is where you’ll see all the different options with the date, the day, and the weather at the center of it.
You’ll have to find and navigate to the Menu and this icon is the three (3) horizontal line icon. Click on it and the left side panel of the frame will pop up.
Step 3. Choose Settings From the Menu
The menu is where you can select and navigate to anything you want.
You will see everything such as Music & Books, Lists, Activity, Settings, etc. In this case, we would have to choose Settings for us to get to what we need.
Step 4. Select Device Settings
Under the Settings menu, you will see all the different options and variables you’d have to choose from. Since we are particular in refreshing the connection, we need to click on and select the option that says Device Settings.
Pro Tip: Many people think that the solution is under TV & Video because you are tackling a gadget, but it actually is not.
Step 5. Choose the Appropriate Device
Clicking on Device Settings will take you to the page where all of the devices connected to your Amazon Alexa app are listed. Be mindful of the specific hardware in question, especially if you didn’t change the name of it.
Select the device that you want to modify the network settings on and it’ll show you a list of different options available.
Step 6. Navigate Through the “Wireless,” “Wi-Fi” Section
You are basically at the last step on how to reset Alexa WiFI where you won’t have to follow anything. This section will be easy to find since it has the words Wireless, or Wi-Fi on it.
Also, it’ll have a button that says Change at the right part of it, in the color blue, signaling you that it’s where you can change the settings for your internet connection.
Step 7. Follow the Prompt of the “Echo Device Setup”
You will just have to cruise through the steps without any complications. Hit on Continue and it will give you the specific steps you need, from start to finish.
There will be a series of actions you need to take, and your screen will actually tell you what to do.
Step-by-Step Guide of the Prompt
But to the benefit of our readers, here is the step-by-step guide on what you should do after clicking on that Change button.
TIP: You will know that it is already disconnected if your device is showing orange light. This basically means that it is looking for a network it can connect to.
To make it appear:
- Hold down the action button on your device for 6 seconds to make the orange light appear
- Hit on Continue on your app when the orange light appears
- Connect your smartphone or tablet to your Bluetooth, virtual assistant speaker by going into the Wi-Fi settings of your tablet or phone and selecting the Alexa-enabled device
- At this point, your virtual assistant will tell you that you have successfully linked the two hardware and that you have to go back to the program
- Hit on Continue
- Select the appropriate Wi-Fi name you want your virtual assistant to connect to and enter the password to enter and be validated
- Wait for the progress bar to be filled and you will see the prompt that says your Gadget is Online
That’s actually it! You have successfully refreshed the connection of your virtual assistant! Didn’t you think that it’ll be as easy as that? Now, you won’t have to ask yourself how do I reset WiFi on Alexa anymore!
Need help to connect Alexa to Wi-Fi again? Refer to this guide on how to connect Alexa to WiFi without using any app for more details.
- YouTube TV NBC Not Working? – Complete Fix Guide - February 2, 2023
- Echo Dot Won’t Connect To Fire TV? – Complete Fix Guide - February 2, 2023
- Homekit Remote Access Not Working? – Here’s How to Fix - February 2, 2023