If you are looking at how to put Echo Dot in pairing mode and it’s correct way, you are not alone. Many people, even tech-savvy people, are finding it a challenge to pair their Echo Dot to their phones, tablets, laptops, or PCs.
In this guide, we will go deep, and we will teach you how to put Echo in pairing mode.
Common Problems with Alexa
Apart from the pairing problem, here are some other common problems that you might experience with any Alexa-enabled tool.
- Inconsistent Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Inability to Pair or Connect with Other Devices
- Cannot Connect to Bluetooth-Enabled Devices
- Different Alexa Skill Shows Up
- And Others
These are just some of the most common problems that you can experience with your Echo Dot device.
Apart from these, there are other errors that you can stumble upon. However, those errors would either need technical support or would require you to perform a factory reset on Alexa.
Without further ado, let us learn how you can link your speaker to your gadgets and hardware at home!
How to Put Echo Dot in Paring Mode
So, let us learn how to pair Echo Dot. The first thing that you have to do is to make sure that your hardware will successfully enter the pairing mode.
To do this, you need to follow these steps:
Download the App and Turn the Hardware On
The steps will be as follows:
1. Download the Alexa App from the Google Play Store (Android) or the App Store (iOS).
2. After it finishes downloading, launch the software and login using your Amazon credentials.
3. Turn it on by plugging it into an outlet using the Power Adapter. If the light ring turns blue, it means that it is turning on.
4. After turning blue, it will turn orange and that is the signal that Alexa is going to greet you.
You have successfully downloaded the software needed and you have activated the hardware. What do you do next?
Connect to Wi-Fi
After successfully downloading the app and turning it on, the next step that you need to do is to connect it to Wi-Fi.
1. From there, go to the left-hand side and choose Settings
2. On the app, choose your Echo Dot device and click on Update Wi-Fi
3. Simultaneously, on your device, you need to press and hold Action for about five (5) to seven (7) seconds.
4. A list of Wi-Fi networks will appear, select your network to connect it.
NOTE: Connect it to the Wi-Fi network where your other gadgets are connected. It might cause certain errors if they are from different networks.
Enter Pairing Mode
For your new speakers to enter pairing mode, you have to:
- Go to the Alexa App and hit on Settings
- After doing so, choose your Dot > Bluetooth > Pair a New Device
- When you select this option, it will now enter pairing mode
Now that you have learned how you can enable this functionality, how would you connect it to other devices such as your mobile phone, your laptop or PC, or to another wireless speaker?
How to Connect Alexa to Your Phone
So how do you pair it with your phone? What are the steps you need to take to be able to successfully link your two devices together?
Step 1. Make sure that your phone is within the range or the vicinity of your speaker
Step 2. Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone. Make sure that it is “discoverable”
Step 3. On the Alexa app, click on the Settings Panel and click on Pair a New Device
Step 4. Make sure that you have chosen the correct Echo Dot for pairing (if you have multiple devices)
Step 5. Once successful, Alexa will give you the confirmation.
Step 6. She will even say that the next time you want to connect, you just have to say “Alexa, connect to [Your Device]”
How to Connect it to Your Laptop or PC
Should you want to use your virtual assistant as your speaker to your laptop or your computer, we got you!
Follow these simple steps and seamlessly link your devices together:
Step 1. Make sure that your laptop or your PC is within range or the vicinity of your speaker
Step 2. Turn your computer’s Bluetooth functionality on and make sure that you make “discoverable”
Step 3. Select the option that says Add Bluetooth Device
Step 4. Login to your Alexa account
Step 5. On the Settings Pane, which can be seen on the left-hand side, select your Echo device
Step 6. Click on the Bluetooth option
Step 7. Choose Pair a New Device
Step 8. Go back to your computer’s Bluetooth panel and choose your Echo Device.
How to Connect it to Your Bluetooth Speaker
Can you actually link it to another Bluetooth speaker? Yes, you can!
A lot of people do this for a couple of reasons which include:
- They will be able to take the other wireless speaker wherever they go
- Among Others
To connect it to your wireless speaker:
- Enable your wireless speaker’s Pairing Mode.
- From your phone, tablet, or your PC, open the Alexa App or the Alexa Web Version.
- Click on Settings and go to Bluetooth.
- Hit on Select Devices and choose your Alexa hardware.
- Since your Bluetooth speaker is in pairing mode, it will be discoverable by your virtual assistant.
- Choose your Bluetooth Speaker from the list of hardware that you have
- Alexa will confirm the connection and will tell you that you will be able to enable it using voice command the next time.
Solving your problem of how to put Echo Dot in pairing mode is not actually rocket science. Once you know what to do, it will be a lot easier for you to do it.
You do not need to be a tech whiz to solve it; neither do you need to contact Amazon’s support team to help you.
With this guide, you will get everything you need to pair or connect Alexa to any of your devices at home!
Further Read: If you need step by step guide to connecting to your iPhone, you can refer our guide on how to connect Alexa to iPhone for more details.
- Why Is My TV Volume Keeps Going Up and Down by Itself? Complete Fix - October 15, 2021
- How to Remove Old Honeywell Thermostat from Wall? - October 15, 2021
- Light Bulb Making High Pitched Noise? Here’s How to Fix! - October 15, 2021