Are you wondering “How to get Disney Plus on an older Samsung smart TV?”
To begin, it’s crucial to remember that Disney Plus is compatible with the majority of Samsung TVs manufactured in 2016 or later.
That’s because Disney Plus is only available on Samsung TVs that run the Tizen os, it isn’t compatible with Orsay OS models or even the built-in browser.
A streaming device such as a Roku, Apple TV (Must be 4th generation or later), Amazon Fire TV, or Chromecast can be used to watch Disney Plus on an older Samsung TV. They’ll link to the television via HDMI and provide you with accessibility to Disney Plus via their applications.
Assuming your TV is linked to a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One, you could use the appropriate Disney Plus apps for those gaming systems.
Make sure you have a high-speed internet connection and that your smart TV is operating the most current edition of its operating system to receive the greatest viewing experience.
Follow the steps below to find out how to get Disney plus on an older Samsung smart TV.
The Apps & Games area contains apps for all Fire TV systems, including Fire TV Edition TVs.
A shortcut for finding apps is available on Fire TVs with a voice search button on the tv remote. You can search for the “Disney+ app” and download it.
If using voice control on the remote control doesn’t work, please follow the short and simple steps outlined below:
- Press and hold the Fire TV remote’s Home button.
- Go to the menu and choose apps.
- Then, under streaming apps, choose Disney+.
The Disney+ app is available in the Roku Channels library. If you’re a newcomer to Roku and are using it for the first time on your older Samsung smart TV, follow these 7 steps to easily add Disney+ and begin viewing.
- Switch on your Roku device.
- From the left column menu, choose Streaming Channels.
- Choose Search channels.
- Type Disney Plus into the search box, then click the Disney+ app.
- Select Add Channel.
- From the Home Screen, select the Disney+ app.
- Enter your email address and password to log in.
It only takes a few simple steps to get the Disney+ app on Xbox One:
- Go to the home screen then click the Store tab.
- From the Microsoft Store, go to Search and scroll down.
- Type Disney Plus into the search box.
Then simply confirm that you want to get the Disney+ app. You should use your email and password to log in to the Disney+ app.
You can install the Disney+ app on your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 in the same way that you would any other piece of software or game:
- Go to the PlayStation Store first.
- Click on the search box.
- Enter Disney Plus in the search box.
- Press Download for the Disney+ app.
- Enter your email address and password to log in.
You may stream Disney+ through a wireless connection from your iPhone or Android phone to your television using a Chromecast device.
Please perform the following actions:
- Load the Disney+ application on your device.
- Choose the TV show or movie you want to see.
- Choose PLAY.
- Click on the Chromecast symbol.
- Choose a gadget for streaming.
It’s worth noting that you’ll need to have an Apple TV that’s at least 4th generation or newer to do this.
Disney Plus is not available on older Apple TVs which do not have access to App Store.
Please follow these instructions step by step:
Step 1> Locate the App Store on your Apple TV’s home screen.
Step 2> Find Disney Plus in the search box and click the Get icon to download and install it.
Step 3> Return to the Apple TV home screen and search for the Disney Plus app.
Step 4> Launch the app and log in using the online account you made.
Step 5> After you’ve completed the sign-in process, choose a movie or original series watch.
You can always connect a computer to the television using HDMI if you don’t have a device that you use for streaming connected already to the television.
- Using an HDMI cable, connect your computer to your television.
- Your content should appear on the large screen after you switch your TV to the proper HDMI input.
Note: Because HDMI can transmit both video and audio, the audio should also be heard through your speakers.
You may also do the same thing by connecting a tablet or smartphone to the television.
Note: You may need an adaptor between your device and the HDMI cable, such as a USB-C-to-HDMI or Lightning-to-HDMI converter, providing your device supports HDMI output.
If none of the above methods have worked for you, there could be an issue with the external streaming device. In that case, you should reach out to the device’s customer support team.
We have looked at the question of “how can I get Disney plus on my older Samsung smart tv?” and we went through adding an external streaming device. These devices include but are not limited to a Fire Stick, a Roku device, and using gaming consoles plugged into a TV via an HDMI cable.
Read Next: Top 20 Funny Things to Do with Alexa
Samsung smart TVs made before 2016 will not be able to run Disney Plus straight from the TV itself, as it is unsupported.
We hope that now you know how to get Disney plus on an older Samsung smart TV that you have no further issues or queries.
If you are struggling to use your external streaming device, please do reach out to the company’s help desk for some troubleshooting advice and tips!
- How Do I Know When My Ring Battery is Fully Charged? - September 22, 2021
- Can You Browse The Internet On A Smart TV? Quick Guide - September 22, 2021
- How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on Samsung TV? - September 22, 2021