When the DirecTV Stream guide not working there is a wide range of possibilities concerning both your application and the internet.
Let’s learn more…
Whenever the DirecTV Stream is not working you should first deselect any filters and reveal hidden channels and check whether that’s enough. To proceed with the solutions you’ll need to restart your devices to make sure that they’re up to date.
With the solutions now available, let’s proceed further and reveal the steps to solve the DirecTV Stream guide issue.
To solve the Guide problem on your DirecTV Stream, you should undergo a list of solutions focusing on ALL possibilities.
We made sure to include everything so make sure not to skip any of the solutions and follow their order for the best effects.
Let’s start with removing any filters:
When you have certain filters selected within your DirecTV Stream you can prevent most of the shows and channels from appearing in the guide.
For instance, if you’ve selected the “Favorites” filter, but you don’t have anything added to your favorites, nothing will appear within your guide.
Here’s how to deselect any selected filters within the DirecTV Stream guide in easy steps:
- Press the Settings button to enter the quick menu of the guide.
- If a filter is selected, the top setting should be “Show everything”.
- Highlight the option or press it.
- Wait for DirecTV to remove the selected filter.
- Check if the issue is now fixed.
Note: Filters are a great feature if you wish to browse content from a certain section only.
There’s a great chance that you’ve mistakenly hidden the guide’s channels.
If that’s the problem, we have quick and easy-to-follow instructions, to get the guide displaying channels and their logos again in the DirecTV stream.
Here’s how to show all channels within your DirecTV stream guide:
- On your device, go to the Settings of DirecTV stream.
- Choose “Display”.
- Head to “Preferences”.
- Next, tap on “Guide Channels”.
- Press the “Show All Channels”.
- Wait for the changes to take effect and check if the issue is solved.
Note: Pressing on “Show All Channels” will display both SD and HD channels.
In the same settings tab, you can hide SD/HD channels separately.
A quick and easy solution recommended by most DirecTV stream users is to exit the source and restart your device.
No matter where you watch DirecTV online stream, by exiting the source and restarting the device, you should get the problem fixed.
Follow these instructions for the proper execution of the restarting process:
- Exit the DirecTV stream app or the browser DirecTV stream.
- Press the power button on your device.
- Shut the device down.
- Wait for 60 seconds while the device is OFF.
- Start the device up.
- Open the DirecTV stream app or DirecTV browser source.
- Test the channel guide to determine if the issue is solved.
Notice: If you’re using a browser, you should clear the cached data for the DirecTV website.
DirecTV streams require an active internet connection to display the channel guide and provide you with on-demand content.
If your device isn’t connected to the internet, nothing will be displayed in the guide or it won’t even work at all.
In that regard, you should make sure that your device is connected to the internet:
- On your device streaming DirecTV, go to Settings.
- Search for a “Network” or a “WiFi” tab and enter it.
- Once in the connection tab, wait for available WiFis to be displayed.
- Tap on your WiFi.
- Enter the WiFi password.
- Tap on “Connect” to get your device paired with the WiFi.
- Test the DirecTV channel guide.
Notice: If you’re getting internet problems on the other of your devices, restart your router/modem and try the connection again.
Unlike the satellite DirecTV service, the stream’s application requires manual updates, unless you’re using a browser source.
Many users suggested that getting their streaming stick or TV updated, actually managed to solve the Guide problem.
Let’s begin with updating your DirecTV stream app:
- Go to the storage settings of the device you’re streaming DirecTV through.
- Enter the apps section.
- Locate the DirecTV app.
- Tap on “Functions”.
- In the app settings of DirecTV stream, choose “Update”.
- Go to the settings of your device.
- Scroll down and search for the tab labeled “Software Update”.
- Enter the tab and press “Check for Updates”.
- Once an update appears, tap on “Update”.
- Wait for the update to be applied.
Alert: Don’t restart your device while it is updating to prevent software complications.
If you’re using a desktop PC, therefore a browser, it’s suggested to use a different one to fix the DirecTV stream guide not working problem.
Currently, the best-supported browser for most streaming services (including DirecTV) is Google Chrome browser.
If you’re currently using Chrome, make sure that it is updated to the latest version. If not using Chrome, install the browser on your device:
- Write “Download Chrome” in your current browser.
- Download the installation manager from Google’s website.
- Run the browser and accept the prompt.
- Install Chrome and launch it.
- Write “DirecTV” in the search field.
- Login to your account and test the DirecTV Stream’s guide.
Since all available updates are sent as “Pending” to your Chrome, all you have to do is press the yellow “Update” button on the top right of your browser.
Simply follow the rest of the on-screen instructions to get Chrome updated.
Note: If Chrome is somewhat unavailable to you, make sure that you update your current browser and test the DirecTV stream Guide.
To fix the problem with the DirecTV Stream guide, you should reinstall the application.
This will solve any bugs that are causing the stream guide to stop working.
This would be your final attempt to fix the problem before contacting DirecTV customer service.
Here’s how to reinstall DirecTV on most platforms:
- Go to the settings of your device.
- Gain access to the app section within the storage.
- Locate DirecTV and press “Uninstall”.
- Head back to the app store of your device.
- Write “DirecTV Stream” on the search field.
- Download DirecTV stream.
- Login with your account.
- Test the guide to determine if the problem has been solved.
Notice: When entering the DirecTV Stream for the first time, make sure that you allow “Automatic Updates”.
To solve the Guide problem on DirecTV Stream, reveal any hidden channels and remove ALL filters. Proceed with updating the DirecTV application and restarting your device. Lastly, conclude the guide by performing a clean installation of the DirecTV app.
Now that you know why DirecTV Stream Guide not working and what the solution includes, you’re ready to solve the problem on your own.
Follow our solutions and if you continue to experience the problem, contact DirecTV customer service.
For more related guides, check our technology blog to discover the solutions to your smart-home devices.
- My Owlet App Just Says Connecting? – Fix Guide - August 8, 2022
- Why is Emerson Thermostat Stuck on Hold? – Complete Fix Guide - August 8, 2022
- Why Is My Brother Printer Printing Black Pages with White Text? - August 8, 2022