Users often ask, “what is error 15 on Roomba?”. That is why here in this troubleshooting guide, we’ll unveil the following:
- Where does Error 15 come from?
- What does the error mean?
- How to solve and prevent the problem?
Error 15 on iRobot Roomba generally means software trouble that could be related to the SmartMaps route or schedules. The Error 15 can be manually triggered when power cycling the device and can be solved by a series of steps that will help you determine the cause.
Let’s begin with uncovering the details about error 15 and proceed with the solution later.
The error 15 on Roomba can be triggered occasionally and only a few things can cause it to occur.
In overview, error 15 is an internal (software error) and shortly after you see it, your robot should become fully operational again.
Let’s first learn what is error 15 and what could be triggering the issue:
The popular error 15 on Roomba means that the robot has undergone an internal problem and that the machine has been able to solve the problem on its own.
It’s fortunate for the robot to display this error since you won’t have to bother solving the problem yourself.
Most often, error 15 is triggered after removing and reinserting the battery out of the vacuum cleaner unit.
Upon powering the unit afterward, it will state that the device has undergone or is currently experiencing an issue.
In addition, error 15 could occur whenever there is a problem with the application, the robot route, or the schedules.
However, the problem solves on its own but might appear again if the cause remains undiscovered.
Note: Keep in mind that error 15 is guaranteed after power circulation.
The error 15 doesn’t do any harm to your vacuum cleaner. As we’ve mentioned (and even iRobot have said it themselves), the error 15 is expected behavior.
Can it be fixed? Yes, certainly! In the upcoming guide, we will get you familiar with the best solutions for error 15 on your Roomba robot!
Now when you know what is error 15 on Roomba it’s recommended to proceed with the solution steps, so you solve the issue.
Our solutions will also help you prevent the problem from appearing in the future, so you won’t have to bother with this any further.
Reverting an old SmartMap version within your Roomba home app will certainly fix the error 15 on your robot.
If this is your first-time getting error 15, you’ve most likely changed the cleaning course and this often causes software blunders with the robot.
To revert old version of the SmartMap within the Roomba home app, follow these instructions:
- Open the iRobot home app on your phone.
- Go to Clean Map reports, by tapping on the icon at the top.
- View all of the previous cleaning events of Roomba.
- Choose one of the schedules of your liking.
- Let your robot clean this route and determine if error 15 persists.
Note: Choose a map not older than 1-2 days, to tighten the circle of possibilities.
As we’ve already mentioned, error 15 is mainly caused due to software problems in regard to the cleaning course.
For this solution, you need to delete all of the active smart apps and create a new one for your robot.
To erase all smart maps, follow the instructions below:
- Go to the iRobot home app.
- Again, go to the SmartMaps page.
- Highlight all of the maps there and press on “Delete” to remove them.
- Then, tap the plus icon and remap a new cleaning schedule for the robot.
- Turn on your robot and let it clean for a while.
- Check if error 15 persists.
Tip: You can follow the pathways but be sure to create a new map.
If you’re still getting error 15, you should reboot your iRobot Roomba since a simple restart does more things than you think.
By restarting the robot’s software, all services will be rebooted and as we’ve mentioned, the error 15 is related to an operating system failure.
Here’s how to restart your iRobot vacuum cleaner Roomba:
- Go next to your robot.
- Locate all of the buttons on the top panel of the robot.
- Hold all buttons at once.
- Keep holding them for at least 9 seconds.
- Release all of the buttons.
- Allow your robot to restart.
- Test the robot for error 15.
Notice: Use the most recently created cleaning path to test for the error.
The mobile application is what communicates with the robot’s software. In that set of thoughts, any software-related blunders could also be coming because of a failure within the application.
Such issues include corrupted data, an old version, or bad installation. To get the iRobot home app reinstalled on your mobile unit, follow the instructions:
- On your smartphone or tablet, go to Settings.
- Access the storage unit of your smartphone there.
- Search for the iRobot home app.
- Once found, tap on “Functions”.
- Delete the application with the “Delete” button.
- On your smartphone, go to the App Store/Google Play.
- Install the iRobot home app again.
- Test your robot.
Alert: Reinstalling the application has some downsides, including full removal of the currently made SmartMaps.
The most suggested solution to all errors your Roomba may get is the factory reset process.
This will completely revert all of the robot’s settings back to their default values and any errors the robot had by now, will be solved.
Here’s how to revert the factory settings of the Roomba robot in easy steps:
- Ensure that your robot is up and running.
- Locate the Home, Spot, and the Clean button on its panel underneath.
- Press all three buttons simultaneously.
- Hold them down until you see swirling blue light on the LED ring of the device.
- Release the buttons at once after the light.
- Wait for Roomba to be reset.
Note: It may take up to several minutes for the robot to completely reset. Make sure not to shut it down before that.
The solution to Error 15 on Roomba includes deletion of all SmartMaps and creating a new one, followed by a complete restart. In case that doesn’t help, reinstalling the entire app should tackle the problem and help you understand if a factory reset will be necessary.
Read Next: The Cloud Cannot Talk To Roomba? (Fixed)
You should now know what is error 15 on Roomba and how to deal with this problem on your own.
The most important thing to remember when you see Error 15 is not to panic since it does not impact your cleaner, and simply requires a little of your attention.
We hope that our guide was enough for you to overcome error 15 and never see it again. You can find more similar guides to any of your smart home products at our blog!
- iHome Speaker Keeps Disconnecting? Here’s How To Fix! - July 3, 2022
- Sony TV Screen Mirroring Keeps Disconnecting? – Complete Fix Guide! - July 3, 2022
- Can You Undelete A Discord Server? – Complete Guide - July 3, 2022