Wondering why is Hulu not working on Sharp TV? Is it difficult to launch the Hulu app or it’s simply not streaming? To begin, double-check that you’re using the right username and password.
Today we are going to be going over some troubleshooting methods on how to fix the issue of Hulu not loading on your smart TV.
If your Hulu streaming service is not working on your Sharp TV, the first thing to try is to fully close the Hulu app, this should give it a refresh. If the problem remains, try to update the Hulu app, for more tip tricks continue to read on.
Note: It is very important to make sure you are staying up to date with the latest releases, as this could fix the majority of error codes that can appear from time to time.
Let us learn how you can resolve the issue of why “Hulu is not working on Sharp TV”.
If it’s not your login information that’s causing you problems, these are some of the most typical app load issues:
- Stuck on the welcome screen.
- Poor internet connection.
- A generic app load error (e.g. “Hulu was unable to start”)
- Unsupported system.
- Stuck on a black/blank screen.
Hulu Not Working on my Sharp Smart TV? Complete Fix Methods
Follow the steps stated below in the order that they are listed. In between steps, we suggest trying to load Hulu again to see if the problem has been fixed.
Just exiting the Hulu app on your smart tv may leave some features running in the background.
When you close the app completely, all of the app’s functionalities are turned off, and the app can be restarted.
Merely exit Hulu to successfully close the application on a Sharp TV.
- Turn off the Sharp TV you’re watching Hulu on.
- Turn off the modem and router.
- Unplug your router or modem, wait 10min then restart them. Unplug the TV power cable from the wall and hold the TV set power switch for 10 seconds.
- Wait a few minutes, then restart your smart TV and try Hulu once more.
Method #3 Reset your Smart TV
To perform a hard reset on a Sharp Smart TV, you will need to use the TV remote. Before you begin unplug your router.
Then follow these steps:
- Press the Menu button on your TV remote.
- Navigate to System on the Menu and select OK.
- Select Reset and select OK.
- Enter your parental lock code if prompted (the default parent lock code is 0000)
- Select Reset and then OK
- Wait until the TV turns off.
Next, you can change the DNS server to fix any network issues and enjoy Hulu without any issues on your Sharp TV.
To do so follow these steps:
- On the remote control there is a button called Menu, click this button
- Under the section called Network, click into Network Status, followed by clicking into IP settings.
- Change the DNS Server to either 184.108.40.206 or 220.127.116.11, this will allow for it to update with no further streaming issues.
As with a system update, it’s equally important to keep the Hulu app up-to-date with the latest version as this may be needed to run on your device or to connect to the Hulu servers for streaming media.
Updating your Hulu app:
- Select Store from the Start menu screen or the Taskbar.
- Select the User Icon next to the search box.
- Select Downloads or Updates.
- Select Check for Updates.
- Select the down arrow on the right to download the Hulu update.
- The Hulu app will now be downloaded and updated.
Note: If your streaming device doesn’t have a built-in intern
et speed application or browser, you could use a computer or smartphone to do a performance test whilst standing close to your TV.
- Go to the app’s built-in speed test.
- Start the app and run a test.
- Compare your findings to Hulu’s suggestions below.
Internet Connection Speeds:
Hulu recommends that your internet connection be capable of continuous download speeds of at least the following:
- Hulu’s Streaming Library requires 3.0 Mbps.
- For live feeds, a minimum of 8.0 Mbps is required.
- For 4K content, 16.0 Mbps is required.
Using the Hulu app on your Smart tv can be difficult at times due to slow internet rates or an unstable wireless connection, and this can prevent it from working on your smart tv.
There are various measures you may do to help improve your connection:
- Make sure all other devices connected to your home network should be turned off.
- Close any other applications or programs that are currently operating in the background on your device.
- Use an ethernet wire to connect your device to the router.
- Close the distance between your modem and router and your device (or vice versa)
If the above methods haven’t been able to fix the issue, then the next solution would be to purchase an affordable Roku stick or Amazon Firestick.
You can then plug that into your Sharp TV and then use that as your main streaming player and be able to access Hulu that way.
The solution for why your Hulu is not working on Sharp tv is to update your Hulu app to get it on the latest software release, fully closing your Hulu app on the Sharp TV, trying to run through a power cycle for your streaming service which gives it a fresh connection.
Read Next: Why is Sharp TV Red Light Blinking?
Also, check the connection speed using an external source e.g. a laptop or smartphone.
Now that you know why is Hulu not working on Sharp TV following our guide, you shouldn’t have any trouble fixing the issue in the future.
Furthermore, if you are still having issues, please do reach out to either Hulu’s or Sharp’s dedicated customer support team for even more troubleshooting tips and tricks!
- Wyze Camera Making Noise? – (7 Proven Solutions!) - December 10, 2023
- Philips Roku TV Won’t Turn On No Red Light? (6 Quick Fix!) - December 10, 2023
- Shark Robot Vacuum Obstruction Error? (7 Proven Solutions) - December 7, 2023