If you have been thinking about how to connect Sharp TV to WiFi, you are in the right place.
Since your sharp Smart TV needs the internet to run its apps and other features, you may need to know how to go about it to get it running.
If you watch the HD channels or regular programs most times, you may not see a need for the internet.
But if you are the kind that loves watching different shows or other forms of entertainment, you will need the internet.
You can read below to see the easy steps you can use to connect your Sharp TV to Wi-Fi.
You can connect your Smart Sharp TV to Wi-Fi in very easy steps. Visit your TV’s menu, then click internet set-up. Go to network set-up, then select the wireless connection. Your TV will scan the available Wi-Fi networks then you will select the one you wish to use.
Without much delay, let us learn the steps in detail so that you can connect your Sharp TV to Wireless Network within few minutes!
How to Connect Sharp Smart TV to WiFi – Using Wireless Connection
You can connect your sharp, smart TV using various methods. Below are some of them.
Step #1: Check Wi-Fi status on your TV
You may have tried to access an app on your smart TV only for it to ask you to connect to the internet.
It may not be because of internet problems. But if you suspect your internet is the issue, you can view the internet status to confirm.
You can use these steps.
1. Using your remote, go to your TV’s menu.
2. Choose Initial set-up. Press the remote’s right and left arrow buttons until you see a blue color.
3. Go to internet set-up using the Down arrow on your remote and by pressing the enter button.
4. You will see the Network set-up page.
5. Click the down arrow button on your remote to go to wireless set-up.
To know if your TV is connected to Wi-Fi, the signal strength and the transmission fields will be blank, or you will see dashes.
So, the TV has no access to the Wi-Fi network you had set. Therefore, you will need to set it to another updated network.
Step #2: Press on To Set Your Sharp TV To The Internet
The next step is:
1. Highlight the wireless set-up menu, then press the enter button on the remote.
2. You will then see Change highlighted.
Step #3: Connection Setup
Now you need to search for available wireless networks for your TV. Follow these steps:
1. Press enter on your remote to come to the ‘connection set-up’ page.
2. Use the arrow buttons on your remote to choose the search item.
Note: The search item scans for available Wi-Fi networks around.
You can also use the manual or WPS set-up to set the internet, but the search item is always easier.
If you choose WPS, you will need to follow the steps that will appear on your screen.
If you choose the manual set-up, you will need to enter the network’s SSID, the security type and provide the Wi-Fi password. With the manual method, you do not need to scan for available networks.
Step #4: The Wireless Set-up
Next step is to allow the TV to scan for available SSIDs and choose the preferred SSID. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Click the enter button on your remote. Your device will begin scanning for available 2 and 5GHz bandwidths.
2. When the TV finishes scanning, you will see all available SSIDs.
3. Choose your preferred SSID using the remote’s up or down button.
4. Enter the password for the network you selected using the screen keyboard that will appear.
Step #5: Finish the Set-up
1. If the password you provided is correct, click the Done link.
2. Press the Enter button on your remote.
3. The screen closes then another one appears with password spaces filled with stars. So, you have entered the password successfully.
4. Click next on your screen, then press enter.
You will see a wireless connection appearing on your screen. It will show your SSID, security type, and key you entered when you started the connection.
If you aren’t sure about the password, you can re-enter it by pressing the return button.
Your device will start rescanning to check the available Wi-Fi networks. You will see the option to re-enter the password; kindly provide the correct password, then press enter.
Note: Ensure the connection is correct by checking the signal strength and the transmission type.
The two fields should be filled. If so, you have now successfully connected your Smart Sharp TV to the Wi-Fi internet.
You can now exit the screen by pressing the Exit key. Feel free to watch shows and entertainments on your Smart Sharp TV from Netflix, Hulu etc.
How To Connect Sharp TV To Wi-Fi Using Wired Connections
You can share your PC’s Wi-Fi network tour Sharp TV using these steps.
Step #1. Turn off both your TV and PC, then place the PC next to or near the TV.
Step #2. Plug in an HDMI cable to your PC.
Step #3. Place the other end of the HDMI cable into the Sharp TV.
Step #4. Power on the TV, then select AV using the AV button.
Step #5. Power on the PC, then check the changes that have occurred.
Connecting Sharp TV to the Router
If you want the best streaming without buffering in your sharp TV, you can directly connect it to the router. It is faster and effortless to set.
Step #1. Check for an Ethernet port at the back of your TV.
Step #2. Plugin the Ethernet cable to your router and your TV.
Step #3. Go to the menu using your Sharp TV remote
Step #4. Go to your TV’s Network settings.
Step #5. Click on enable wired connection/internet, then use your remote to enter your Wi-Fi password.
You can connect your sharp TV to Wi-Fi by pressing the menu button on your remote. Go to internet set-up, then network set-up. Click the wireless set-up to connect to an in-range Wi-Fi network. Provide the correct password for the network, then click done to complete the connection.
Read Next: Why is Sharp TV Remote Sensor Not Working?
I hope after reading the above you now know how to connect Sharp TV to WiFi. The process is not a tedious one since the screen gives you easy and precise prompts. All you need is to click the necessary buttons.
However, you must confirm that your TV does not have an internet connection to proceed to connect it to one. You may not need to check the connection if you have just bought a new router or TV.
Go to the Sharp TV’s menu, select the initial set-up option, internet set-up, and network set-up. Go to wireless set-up, then follow the prompts to choose the in-range Wi-Fi. You will be good to go after you provide the correct Wi-Fi network password.
- JBL Endurance Peak 2 Right Earbud Not Working? – Fix Guide - March 14, 2023
- Why Does My TCL Roku TV Keeps Restarting? – Easy Fix Guide - March 14, 2023
- Why Is Hulu Sound Out Of Sync? – Fix in Minutes! - March 14, 2023