If you have been thinking about how to connect Sharp TV to WiFi, you are in the right place.
Since your sharp Smart TV needs the internet to run its apps and other features, you may need to know how to go about it to get it running.
This is how to connect:
To connect your Smart Sharp TV to Wi-Fi, access the TV’s menu, navigate to internet set-up, and choose network set-up. Select the wireless connection option, and your TV will scan for available Wi-Fi networks. Choose your desired network from the list to complete the connection.
Without much delay, let us learn the steps in detail so that you can connect your Sharp TV to the Wireless Network within a few minutes!
How to Connect Sharp Smart TV to WiFi – Using Wireless Connection
You can connect your sharp, smart TV using various methods. Below are some of them.
You may have tried to access an app on your smart TV only for it to ask you to connect to the internet.
It may not be because of internet problems. But if you suspect your internet is the issue, you can view the internet status to confirm.
You can use these steps.
- Using your remote, go to your TV’s menu.
- Choose Initial set-up. Press the remote’s right and left arrow buttons until you see a blue color.
- Go to internet set-up using the Down arrow on your remote and by pressing the enter button.
- You will see the Network set-up page.
- Click the down arrow button on your remote to go to wireless set-up.
To know if your TV is connected to Wi-Fi, the signal strength and the transmission fields will be blank, or you will see dashes.
So, the TV has no access to the Wi-Fi network you had set. Therefore, you will need to set it to another updated network.
The next step is:
- Highlight the wireless set-up menu, then press the enter button on the remote.
- You will then see Change highlighted.
Now you need to search for available wireless networks for your TV.
Follow these steps:
- Press enter on your remote to come to the ‘connection set-up’ page.
- Use the arrow buttons on your remote to choose the search item.
Note: The search item scans for available Wi-Fi networks around.
You can also use the manual or WPS set-up to set the internet, but the search item is always easier.
If you choose WPS, you will need to follow the steps that will appear on your screen.
If you choose the manual set-up, you will need to enter the network’s SSID, and the security type and provide the Wi-Fi password. With the manual method, you do not need to scan for available networks.
The next step is to allow the TV to scan for available SSIDs and choose the preferred SSID.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Click the enter button on your remote. Your device will begin scanning for available 2 and 5GHz bandwidths.
- When the TV finishes scanning, you will see all available SSIDs.
- Choose your preferred SSID using the remote’s up or down button.
- Enter the password for the network you selected using the screen keyboard that will appear.
Step #5: Finish the Set-up
To do this, follow these steps:
- If the password you provided is correct, click the Done link.
- Press the Enter button on your remote.
- The screen closes then another one appears with password spaces filled with stars. So, you have entered the password successfully.
- Click next on your screen, then press enter.
You will see a wireless connection appearing on your screen. It will show your SSID, security type, and key you entered when you started the connection.
If you aren’t sure about the password, you can re-enter it by pressing the return button.
Your device will start rescanning to check the available Wi-Fi networks. You will see the option to re-enter the password; kindly provide the correct password, then press enter.
Note: Ensure the connection is correct by checking the signal strength and the transmission type.
The two fields should be filled. If so, you have now successfully connected your Smart Sharp TV to the Wi-Fi internet.
You can now exit the screen by pressing the Exit key. Feel free to watch shows and entertainment on your Smart Sharp TV from Netflix, Hulu, etc.
Step #1. Turn off both your TV and PC, then place the PC next to or near the TV.
Step #2. Plug in an HDMI cable to your PC.
Step #3. Place the other end of the HDMI cable into the Sharp TV.
Step #4. Power on the TV, then select AV using the AV button.
Step #5. Power on the PC, then check the changes that have occurred.
If you want the best streaming without buffering in your sharp TV, you can directly connect it to the router. It is faster and effortless to set.
Step #1. Check for an Ethernet port at the back of your TV.
Step #2. Plugin the Ethernet cable into your router and your TV.
Step #3. Go to the menu using your Sharp TV remote
Step #4. Go to your TV’s Network settings.
Step #5. Click on enable wired connection/internet, then use your remote to enter your Wi-Fi password.
Read Next: Why is Sharp TV Remote Sensor Not Working?
I hope after reading the above you now know how to connect Sharp TV to WiFi. The process is not a tedious one since the screen gives you easy and precise prompts. All you need is to click the necessary buttons.
However, you must confirm that your TV does not have an internet connection to proceed to connect it to one. You may not need to check the connection if you have just bought a new router or TV.
- SimpliSafe Says Entry Sensor Open? (Here’s Your Fix) - February 25, 2024
- SimpliSafe Glass Break Sensor Offline? (Fix It Fast!) - February 25, 2024
- Sensi Thermostat No C Wire? (Fix & Install Now!) - February 25, 2024