Is your Sharp TV remote sensor not working properly? It’s possible that your remote isn’t working for a variety of reasons.
Physical damage, battery issues, and issues with the infrared sensor on the remote or TV are the most common.
We will go through what might be causing your Sharp TV remote to not be working as you expect and what you can do to fix the problem.
The remote sensor on your Sharp TV may not be operating because your TV’s functionality isn’t up to its normal standard or because the remote’s IR is malfunctioning. A full remote reset is one of the things you can do to fix the remote sensor problem on your Sharp TV.
To put it another way, restarting the remote brings it back to its proper working condition.
It can be daunting if you haven’t done any of the above before; thus, keep reading to understand how to accomplish these actions.
Let’s have a look at what can be causing your Sharp TV remote sensor to stop working before we look at alternate reset/ troubleshooting techniques:
When some parts of the television are broken or external devices aren’t working properly, the remote’s sensor may stop working. Here are some possible causes:
- Remote batteries have no more power.
- The TV is not connected to a power source properly.
- Certain TV remote controls might get “locked” and stop responding to your commands.
- The remote isn’t transmitting an IR signal to the sensor.
Regardless of your scenario, it can be hard to try and figure out what might be causing the issue until you try to resolve it.
In this regard, we’ve devised a number of different techniques to aid you in identifying and, hopefully, addressing the issue, and resolving it for good.
Between steps, we would recommend using the remote again to check whether the problem has been resolved.
To see if the remote control is working properly, do the following:
First, check the batteries of the remote. Chances are they may have got discharged. Replace the remote’s batteries with fresh alkaline non-rechargeable batteries.
When you click the button on the remote control, does the LED light on the TV turn on? If the LED does not illuminate, the remote control (or its batteries) is malfunctioning.
Continue to test the remote again and if required reset the remote (Method #2 below).
However, if the LED light is illuminating but the TV still doesn’t respond to the remote, then you need to check the functionality of your TV (Method #3 below).
Using a digital camera or the camera on a Smart Device, test the remote control now.
Although infrared light is invisible to the naked eye, it can be viewed through the preview screen of a camera or a smart device.
Step #1. Turn on the camera and point the remote control’s infrared LED light at the camera’s lens.
Step #2. Press a button on the remote control.
Step #3. When a button on the remote control is pressed, white light should appear on the camera’s preview screen.
Step #4. The remote control is producing a signal if the light is visible. (move on to Method #2)
Step #5. The remote control isn’t working if the light isn’t visible.
Note: These steps below will not work with an iPhone or iPad camera! There’s an IR filter on those.
Are there any other electronic equipment or even lights (CFL) in the immediate “field of view” of the remote sensor’s “window” (other than the cable box)?
If this is the case, try turning them off or moving them around to see if it makes a difference.
Certain TV remote controls might get “locked” and stop responding to your commands. Resetting TV remote controllers can be as simple as removing the batteries.
To reset the remote, follow these steps:
- Remove the batteries from the back of the remote control.
- Cover the IR sensor in the bottom right left of the Power indicator.
- Press Power for 8 seconds.
- Then replace the batteries.
- Uncover IR sensor.
- Try the remote.
To see if the TV’s functionality may be restored, perform these steps to do a reset:
- Disconnect all TV cords and accessories, including the aerial cable, HDMI connections, CI+ component, stereo equipment, and so on.
- Unplug the TV’s power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait one minute until the LED light turns off.
- Reconnect the power plug after one minute.
- With the remote control, turn the TV back on.
- If the TV does not reply, turn it on by pressing the button/joystick on the remote.
If the TV turns on and the remote control works again, the external devices can be connected one by one to the television.
Check to see if the remote control is still working after each device has been connected. The problem could be caused by an external device.
Note: Make sure the TV’s software is up to date.
This procedure has previously assisted many users in restarting their Sharp televisions when having issues with their remotes not working. To reset your Sharp television, use the steps shown below.
- Select Menu and Select Setup
- Choose Reset listed in the drop-down menu.
- To select Yes press />, and then OK.
- On the screen, it says, “Now, the TV will restart automatically, OK?”
- To select Yes, press />, and then OK. The message “Now initializing…” appears on the screen and blinks.
- The power shuts off and then comes back on once the reset is completed.
- The screen will be back to its default settings.
If none of the approaches in this easy step fix guide have worked, there’s a good chance the problem is due to a hardware malfunction.
If that is the case you will need to contact Sharp’s manufacturer’s support team and a replacement remote can be sent out to yourself.
The solution for how to fix the issue of the Sharp TV remote sensor not working is to reset your remote control, check the remote and tv’s functionality and, and ruling out if any external devices are causing an issue. If you have found that the issue is hardware-related, we would suggest speaking with Sharp and replacing the remote control.
Read Next: Why is Hulu Not Working on Sharp TV?
We hope that now that you know how to troubleshoot the Sharp tv remote sensor not working with your Sharp TV issue, and that it will no longer be a problem for you.
If you’re still having problems, please contact Sharp’s dedicated customer service team for even more troubleshooting tips and techniques!
- iHome Speaker Keeps Disconnecting? Here’s How To Fix! - July 3, 2022
- Sony TV Screen Mirroring Keeps Disconnecting? – Complete Fix Guide! - July 3, 2022
- Can You Undelete A Discord Server? – Complete Guide - July 3, 2022