Want to change Firestick name? Having multiple Amazon devices at home can be a bummer. That is why choosing to change Firestick name is one of the best things you can do so you don’t get confused.
If you are one of the people looking to change their Firestick label, you’re on the right page.
This post will be a comprehensive guide in changing the label of your device. We will walk you through the series of steps you need to commit to in order for your device’s label to be modified.
Why Change Amazon Firestick Name?
There could be many reasons why you would want to alter the title of your streaming hardware.
Some of the most common reasons would include:
- To be able to recognize it easier and better by everyone in the area
- To easily find it whenever you have to connect it (if you have more than 1 television at home)
- For you to easily distinguish which one you want to use or toggle
Changing it to Appropriate Title
The point of you changing it is to be able to easily distinguish it. You need to make sure that the new title would correspond to concrete information.
For example, if you have three (3) televisions at home; one in the master’s bedroom, the living room, and the kids’ bedroom, and you want to rename the one in the living room, rename it to the likes of “Living Room TV” or simply “Living Room.”
So, how do you change Amazon Firestick name?
Changing it would never require you to be an IT expert; nor a web developer. Anyone can do it and the only requirement is an Amazon account and a Fire TV stick, of course.
There are actually a few ways to do this and we will be discussing both.
How to Change Firestick Name Through Website
The first guide that we’ll tackle is changing its title through the web browser or the website version.
Check Its Current Label
Before you modify it, you first need to know what its default label or designation is.
Amazon randomly names all of its products uniquely. So, when it arrives, you wouldn’t have a clue what its name is.
To know it:
- Access your Fire TV Stick App
- Login by entering your email address and your password
- From there, go to the Settings page
- Find the option that says My Fire TV
- From those options, choose Fire TV Stick 4K
- Take note of what the Device Name is because that’s what your product’s default name is
Pro Tip: Especially if you have multiple streamers and televisions with the Fire TV stick at home, it’s best to write it down so you don’t forget.
Accessing Your Online Account
Now that you know the default title of your hardware, it’s time to modify it.
And you can do it through the Official website of Amazon. Once there, follow these simple and easy steps to be able to go into your account:
- Login to your account by clicking on the Hello, Sign In (Accounts & Lists) option at the top-right part of the page
- Type your credentials in (email and password)
Pro Tip: Should you have many accounts, make sure to login using the account connected to your devices. You don’t want to spring to and fro accessing the wrong and the incorrect account.
Changing the Name
You are in! What are the next steps that you have to take?
Unfortunately, you would not see the Switch Device Name easily once you’re logged in. You would have to dig in – dig deeper to get to the solution of your problem.
Actually, the next step is where it might get tricky and confusing, especially if you’re new. But, do not worry – we have prepared it in detail for you.
Step 1. From Amazon’s homepage, scroll to the bottom part until you see the Let Us Help You option. If you can’t find it, you can hit on CTRL + F (CMD +F) and search for it instead
Step 2. Once you find it, click on the option that says Manage Your Content and Devices
Step 3. It will redirect you to the list of Amazon products that you have. Then you have to choose Your Devices from the list of tabs that will popup
Step 4. Remember the name that you got from the Amazon Fire TV app? Locate it there because that’s what you’ll be changing
Step 5. Click on that and a new menu will appear which has the option that says Edit
A prompt will appear that says Edit Device Information
Step 6. Hit on Save to finish and wrap the process up
It is that simple! That’s how you can easily change your Firestick name using the Amazon website.
But wait, we mentioned two methods, right? What’s the second method? Where can you alter the details of your controller?
How Do You Change it On Your Phone?
You can also do it on your smartphone, given that you have the application. It’s technically the same process, just done on the application.
But in order for you not to scramble up to the guide above, we’ll give it to you plain and simple here.
- Open and access the Amazon application on your mobile phone
- Click on the three-horizontal line (hamburger) option that you can see on the top-left part of your screen
- Hit on Your Account from the list of options available
- Select Content and Devices
- Choose Devices
- Find the device that you’re looking to rename
- Click on the Edit option, then a prompt will show
- Type in the new title you want for your device
- Double check everything and hit on Save
Now, are you confident about proceeding to change Firestick name for a specific TV in your home? You will never be lost, it’s easy and simple – just like that, you were able to modify the classification or the name of your device easily!
Further read: Check out how to fix Amazon Prime sound issue in easy steps.
- Shark Robot Vacuum Obstruction Error? (7 Proven Solutions) - December 7, 2023
- My Dyson Hair Dryer Stopped Working? (7 Quick Solutions!) - December 7, 2023
- White Rodgers Thermostat Blinking Flame? (7 Proven Fixes!) - December 5, 2023