If your WiZ lights not connecting, we have an easy solution for you!
WiZ light bulbs must be connected to a WiFi network to be accessible from the app and their settings can become configurable.
However, an issue with the bulb or the network may prevent the connection so here you’ll identify the exact cause.
To fix WiZ lights that won’t connect, ensure that they are in WiFi range, and then power cycle your router. Next, ensure that your network has a 2.4GHz WiFi thread and reinstall the WiZ application. Lastly, screw the bulb into a different light slot and conclude with a factory reset to solve the problem.
Let’s first take a look at the issue’s potential causes so you could get familiar with what you’re facing and how to solve it.
First of all, you should determine if your WiZ lights are functional in the first place.
Sometimes there could be a power issue that is preventing the device from turning on, hence it won’t connect until further notice.
Let’s not guess any further and take a look at what has the best chance of causing the issue:
1. Router Too Far Away
For the WiZ lights to discover the router through the mobile application and connect with it, the router must be close to the lights enough.
2. Network Trouble
There could be a problem with the connection in your network, affecting not only the WiZ lights but your other devices as well.
3. Application Error
Your mobile WiZ application could be giving errors that are preventing the bulbs from connecting to the network.
4. Incorrect Pairing Sequence
Chances are that you’re not performing the connect sequence appropriately and so your WiZ lights are not discovering the network.
5. Bulb Power Problem
Your bulb may be inactive, therefore is unable to connect with the WiFi through the application.
That we’re all of the causes that could have impacted the functionality of your bulb lights and network in general.
We’re about to address each of them so keep reading!
It’s important to note that you should follow our solutions in the appropriate order for the best results in troubleshooting.
Additionally, test the pairing sequence of your WiZ lights after each of the fix attempts to determine when the issue would be solved.
Here’s how to fix your WiZ lights that won’t connect:
Chances are that you’re not connecting the WiZ lights to the network correctly.
The connection happens through the WiZ applications and from there you’re later able to access settings for the bulb.
Note: Ensure that you’ve flipped the light switch of your WiZ light bulb while performing the pairing process.
Here’s how to pair your WiZ lights with the app and network the correct way:
- On your smartphone, tap on “Add Room”.
- Choose the room type and set a name for the configuration.
- Choose “Lights” as the device type.
- Enter the password of your WiFi and then wait for the bulb to be discovered.
- Connect with the bulb and test.
If you’re still unable to connect your WiZ light, let’s attempt an alternative approach.
If the bulb is not getting discoverable with the app or the connection with the WiFI fails, there’s a high chance that the bulb is not close enough to the router.
If that’s the case, your next move is to relocate the WiZ light bulb closer to the network device and re-attempt to connect them.
Undo the light from the slot and choose another suitable slot for the bulb. The recommended distance for your light to be away from the router is around 12-15 meters.
If the bulb is farther than that, it may still somehow connect, but you will find the bond not reliable.
Note: Double-check that you’ve installed the bulb into the new light slot correctly.
If the WiZ lights aren’t connecting to the network through the application, chances are that there is a fault with your network device.
If that’s the case, there’s an easy fix to the issue that lies within the power cycle process.
Here’s how to power cycle your network router in easy-to-follow steps:
- Go over to your network router device.
- Locate where the device’s power adapter goes to.
- Disconnect the adapter from the source.
- Standby for 5 minutes until the device gets completely discharged.
- Re-attach the adapter of your network router.
- Check if the issue has been solved.
Note: Wait at least 5 minutes, otherwise the power cycle won’t be as effective.
If the WiZ lights not connecting even after performing a power cycle, perhaps there is an issue with the WiZ application itself.
The app could be preventing the connection between your WiZ lights and network router and you will have to reinstall the entire application.
Here’s how to reinstall your WiZ application in easy steps:
- On your smartphone, open the storage unit.
- Go to the app section and search the WiZ application in the search field.
- Once located the application, tap on “Info” or “app settings” based on your platform.
- Choose the “Uninstall” setting and wait for the app to be erased.
- Then open the Google Play/App Store platform on your phone.
- Search “WiZ” in the search field.
- Download the first result on your screen after hitting “search”.
Tip: After reinstalling the application, you can attempt the connection again by following the instructions back in solution #1.
If nothing from our solutions has managed to help you so far, there is one last method that you should attempt before wrapping things up.
That is the factory reset process on your WiZ will re-install the entire OS solving a variety of software issues and bugs.
Here’s how to factory reset a WiZ light in easy instructions:
- Make sure that the bulb is screwed onto the light slot.
- Turn the bulb for 5 seconds and then off it for 5 seconds.
- Repeat the same ON/OFF pattern until the bulb blinks.
- Wait for the restart to complete.
- Turn on the bulb.
- Your WiZ bulb is now reset!
Note: After the reset is complete, the same as by reinstalling the app, you will have to reconnect the bulb once again.
Thus, to fix WiZ lights that are not connecting, start with setting them up properly. If they won’t connect, move the lights closer to your network router and ensure that there is no ongoing internet problem. Next, reinstall the WiZ application and finish the guide by performing a factory reset to solve the problem.
Check out our next helpful guides on WiZ Light:
- How To Connect WiZ Light To Google Home?
- How to Connect WiZ Lights to Alexa?
- What To Do If You Lost Your LED Light Remote?
Now that you know why WiZ lights not connecting and how to solve the issue in easy steps, we hope we were of your assistance.
You can always get in touch with the support team for additional assistance regarding this problem and get first-hand troubleshooting suggestions!
If you find this guide helpful, but you’re having other issues that you need to take care of, make sure to take a look at other solutions guides in our tech blog.
- Wyze Camera Making Noise? – (7 Proven Solutions!) - December 10, 2023
- Philips Roku TV Won’t Turn On No Red Light? (6 Quick Fix!) - December 10, 2023
- Shark Robot Vacuum Obstruction Error? (7 Proven Solutions) - December 7, 2023