A lot of people wonder if they can use Google Home Mini as Bluetooth speaker without WiFi.
And if you’re one of the people who want to know more about this, you’re just in the right guide!
For this tutorial, we will be going over the steps on how you can use your Google Home Mini as a Bluetooth speaker even without WiFi! Not only that, but we will also teach you how you can do it!
To be able to use your Google Home Mini device as a Bluetooth speaker even while disconnected, it needs to be paired. Then, you can connect it the same way you pair and link your phone to a regular Bluetooth speaker.
Just before we get to the guide of how you can connect it, is it really possible to use it without having an internet connection?
Can You Use Google Home Mini as Bluetooth Speaker Without WiFi?
Yes, in fact, Google was able to work around the dilemma of people not being able to use earlier versions of it without WiFi.
The first versions of Google Home only had WiFi as the option for connectivity.
But, thanks to the newly added Bluetooth capability on the Google Home Mini, you will actually be able to connect your device to it to serve and function as a regular Bluetooth speaker!
However, it’s worth noting that this is only possible if you’ve already paired the devices in question while it was connected to WiFi.
So, if you’ve already done this deed, there’ll be no obstacles in terms of how you can use your Google Home Mini as a Bluetooth speaker!
So, how do you connect and use it as a Bluetooth speaker even if you don’t have it connected to the internet?
For this guide, we will be teaching you the complete and comprehensive method of how to use it as a Bluetooth speaker.
We’ll go about discussing the guides for both using Android and iOS devices.
Here’s the complete process of how you can connect your Android smartphone or tablet to your Google Home Mini and use it as a wireless speaker:
- Turn on Bluetooth either from Settings or from the Quick Access Menu.
- Once turned on, allow your Android device to detect all eligible devices.
- Hit on Pair a New Device. Some devices have this as Search for Devices.
- Wait for your Google Home Mini device to appear, and tap it to pair with it.
Once paired, you can then use it as a Bluetooth speaker even while disconnected.
From there, you can make it work and function like how you normally use regular Bluetooth speakers.
If you’re an iPhone user, however, the process of connecting or pairing them would slightly be different. So, here’s the process of how you can do just that!
- Open Settings on your iPhone and select Bluetooth.
- Wait for your device to scan and to go through all devices it can connect to.
- Select Google Home Mini (this is the default name).
- Connect and pair your iPhone to your Google Home Mini.
- Wait for the confirmation that they’ve successfully been paired.
Note: If you renamed your device, then it wouldn’t appear as Google Home Mini.
Instead, your device will detect it according to the name or the title you’ve set it to be.
The process is simple and easy, and you don’t even have to be tech-savvy to do it! Even beginners and those without any relevant technical experience can perform this method successfully!
Akin to how you can connect your smartphone to use it as a Bluetooth speaker, you can also link and connect it to music streaming applications, too!
And we’re not talking about online streaming, what we’re trying to point at would be accessing downloaded songs on Spotify, Pandora, as well as other music streaming services!
Note: In pairing and setting it up, you would need an internet connection.
But, once they’re paired and properly set up, you will be able to use and access them even without WiFi!
- Access the Google Home app and go to Settings.
- Scroll down until you see Rooms, Groups, and Devices, thenclick Add.
- Navigate to Learn About New Devices and go to Add Services.
- From there, scroll down and select Music & Podcast.
- Select the streaming platform that you want to add and be the default service.
Once done, try out certain commands and try to play songs while being disconnected from WiFi!
So, if you’ve carefully followed the steps on how you can do it on either Android or iOS devices and it’s still not working properly, here’s a step-by-step process to try to troubleshoot it.
- Power cycle your Google Home Mini by unplugging the device.
- Then, leave it unplugged for about one (1) to two (2) minutes.
- Remove the pairing of the Google Home Mini and the smart device.
- Factory reset your device by pressing and holding the reset button for 15 seconds.
- You will hear a chime after this, it means that the reset was successful.
After that, set your Google Home Mini up again and pair it to your device again!
If you’re still having trouble using it as a Bluetooth speaker, your best bet is to contact a Google professional so that they can help you with the process.
Using your Google Home Mini as a Bluetooth speaker without WiFi is easy! They just need to be paired already, then you can connect your device to it like how you would link a normal Bluetooth speaker! If it fails the first time, factory reset the Google Home Mini.
Read Next: Can Google Home and Alexa work together?
In case you’re wondering, yes, you can use Google Home Mini as a Bluetooth speaker without WiFi, and setting it up is simple and easy!
Look back at this guide when you find yourself in need of a complete and comprehensive tutorial!
- Wyze Camera Making Noise? – (7 Proven Solutions!) - December 10, 2023
- Philips Roku TV Won’t Turn On No Red Light? (6 Quick Fix!) - December 10, 2023
- Shark Robot Vacuum Obstruction Error? (7 Proven Solutions) - December 7, 2023