If you’re wondering how to connect phone to Element TV, then you have come to the right place!
In this post, we will include all possible ways to screen mirror and connect a phone to your Element TV in a few easy steps!
To connect a phone to your Element TV, you must enable the screen mirroring option on your TV to “Always Allow”. Then, connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network, and through the screen mirror options, scan for your TV and connect to it by pressing the device once.
Now let’s get you more familiar with the essentials of the process since there are some requirements you should know.
There are two methods of connecting a smartphone or tablet device to your Element TV. In that regard, we will divide this guide into two different parts.
In the first, we will tell you how to connect your phone wirelessly, through the Screen mirroring feature and how to use it as a remote. The second one describes how it can happen with a USB cable.
First, let’s take a look at the requirements and preparation that you need to get done beforehand.
It is genuinely easy to connect a phone to your Element TV wirelessly. For this purpose, you will need the screen mirroring feature, found in the options of both of your devices.
Before proceeding to the pairing process, look at the requirements first:
1. Have Devices Connected to The Same Wi-Fi Network
Ensure that both your TV and phone are connected to a singular Wi-Fi network. Otherwise, they won’t be able to scan for each other and the process will fail.
2. Download the Element App
Then, you must download and establish the Element account on your phone. Then make your Element registration and move on to the next step.
3. Sync Your TV With the Element App
After making the registration, you must ensure your TV is synced with the Element app.
Sometimes the app may be downloaded on your TV by default but other times you have to do it manually. Simply go to the options in the Element app through your TV and enable the auto-syncing.
4. Only Android Devices Can Be Paired
Unfortunately, if you’re owning an iPhone, you won’t succeed in screen mirroring your smartphone with the TV.
iOS devices are using a feature called Airplay available for Apple devices and Apple TV.
Note: Some Android TVs support Airplay and you can establish a connection with an iPhone easily.
Check online if your TV does support Airplay if you’re an iPhone user.
Now that you’ve checked the requirements, here are the steps to screen mirror a smartphone with your Element TV
- On the home screen select Settings
- In the settings tab, scroll down and enter the System tab.
- Under the system, select screen mirroring and change the mode to Always Allow.
- Now you should be able to scan for your TV and automatically connect.
This was how to connect a smartphone to your Element TV wirelessly. Now you should be able to perform all kinds of actions through the application and enjoy your wireless connectivity.
Did you know that you can use your phone as a remote? If not, keep reading to learn how!
Many users have been asking how to establish your smartphone as a remote, so we’ve decided to include it here.
Since you’ve already established your account in the previous steps, follow the steps below to set your phone as a remote:
- Unlock your phone and go to the Element app.
- In the Element, the app enters the settings tab.
- In the settings, locate the Portable Remote feature, located at the top of your screen.
- Press it once and proceed to the typing field.
- In the typing field, write down the code that is in your TV, then select connect.
Note: You can find your Element screen mirroring code in the options where you have allowed the screen mirroring
Next, we’ll explain how to connect your smartphone without the help of a network, instead, we’ll be using an ordinary USB cable.
Before you attempt to connect your phone to Element TV using a USB cable, note that some of the Android devices may not be supported by your Element TV.
If your Android phone brand is recently released, your TV may be unable to scan the USB connectivity and the screen mirroring will fail.
To connect your Android phone to Element TV, follow the steps below after ensuring all requirements are met.
- Prepare the Android phone and connect it to your TV using a USB cable.
- Set the USB setting of your smartphone to file transfer (MTP).
- Open the Element TV media player app.
- Whenever you select a file that is a photo, music, or video it will be displayed on your TV screen and you will be able to view it.
This was how to connect your phone to Element TV via USB cable.
In the different USB settings, except for files transfers (MTP), you can also set up your phone for charging, photo transfer (PTP), and MIDI, which is to use the device for MIDI input.
The supported Android versions are models released after 2017 with Android 4.1 or later.
Note: iOS and Windows are not going to be recognized by your Element TV.
When it comes down to supported file formats, refer to the manual of your Element TV as each model has different requirements.
To connect your smartphone to Element TV you can use the wireless way or the USB way depending on what’s supported. The wireless way requires a network connection and scanning for available TVs. As far as the USB method, you’ll only need a USB cable and supported device.
Read Next: How to Fix Black Screen on Element TV?
Now that you know how to connect my phone to Element TV and we’ve got you familiar with the wireless and wired way, the choice is yours!
If you find trouble establishing the Element app or the screen mirroring feature, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the support and get this case resolved!
For more guidelines regarding Element TV, visit our blog that has all kinds of technical fixes for your smart-home products!
- How Do I Know When My Ring Battery is Fully Charged? - September 22, 2021
- Can You Browse The Internet On A Smart TV? Quick Guide - September 22, 2021
- How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on Samsung TV? - September 22, 2021