Issues where Honeywell thermostat not working with Google home can be solved easily at home so keep reading!
In this guide, we’ll tackle the proper way to pair your Honeywell thermostat so you can be confident that everything is made properly.
Then we’ll review some of the best solutions available in case something does not work.
Honeywell thermostat is not working with Google home due to issues with the setup process or the device’s power. Moreover, issues with the OS or the version of the Google Home app and your thermostat could also prevent the connection.
How To Connect Honeywell With Google Home Correctly?
Many users are not doing the setup process between their Google Home and Honeywell thermostat correctly.
That’s why we will first guide you through how to set up both of the devices so you can exclude this as a possible cause for the problem.
Here’s how to connect your Honeywell thermostat to Google Home:
- On your smartphone, open Google Home.
- Press on the button labeled as “Home Control”.
- Tap on the “Add” button to open the skills page.
- From there, scroll down until you locate the Honeywell skill.
- Press the Honeywell Home Total Connect Comfort.
- Select it from your display.
- Now, go back to the Google Homepage and tap on “Devices”.
- Click on the “Add” button and select ‘thermostat’.
- Follow the remaining on-screen instructions.
Note: It’s important to have enabled the Honeywell skill on your Google Home app to make the connection compatible.
Otherwise, Google Home will treat your Honeywell thermostat as a regular thermostat and you won’t get any benefits from the connection.
How To Fix My Honeywell Thermostat Is Not Working With Google Home?
To fix the problem between your Honeywell thermostat and Google Home app connection, there are a few places you should inspect.
Luckily, we’ve extracted the best troubleshooting solutions you can find out there and combined them in one ultimate guide.
Here’s how to solve the problem with your Google Home and Honeywell thermostat:
Solution #1 Hard Reset Thermostat & Retry
You should start with performing a power cycle on your thermostat and retry the connection with Google Home.
There’s a chance of a software bug or glitch, preventing your thermostat from connecting with the Home app and this method will clear out those problems.
Here’s how to hard reset your thermostat:
- Go over to your Honeywell thermostat and pull out the front panel.
- Expose the batteries and take both of them out.
- Standby for 60 seconds and reinsert the batteries.
- Close the front panel of your Honeywell thermostat.
Once you’re done with the following steps, retry the Honeywell – Google Home connection, to determine if the issue is fixed.
Note: Remember to be aware of how you insert the batteries, not to accidentally reset your Honeywell thermostat.
Solution #2 Delete & Add Honeywell To Google Home
Users report that their Honeywell thermostat is already added to Google Home, however, the connection doesn’t appear as active.
In such cases, if you delete and re-add your Honeywell thermostat from the Home app, you can fix the issue easily.
Here’s how to delete and add the Honeywell thermostat from your Home application:
- On your smartphone, open the Google Home app.
- Go over to the “Devices” tab and locate your thermostat.
- Press on the three dots to open the settings for a certain device.
- Select “Disconnect”, which will remove your thermostat from Google Home.
- Follow the instructions above on how to reconnect your thermostat to Google Home.
Note: If the instructions above don’t apply to your Google Home, you might be using an older version of the application.
In this regard, proceed with the next step to update your Home app.
Solution #3 Update Google Home App
Google shares that having an outdated version of their Home application will result in incompatibility issues with certain devices.
There’s a chance that your Honeywell thermostat applies to those ‘unsupported devices’ so the best next step is to update your application.
Here’s how to update your Google Home App:
- On your smartphone, head over to the Google Play/App Store.
- In the search field, do “Google Home”.
- Locate the Home application and tap on it.
- In the following screen, search for an “Update” button.
- Initiate an update of the application.
Alert: Ensure your mobile device has a reliable cellular or WiFi connection for the update to be carried out.
Solution #4 Reinstall Google Home App
In case the Honeywell thermostat not working with Google home even after performing an update, you should attempt to solve the issue by reinstalling the Google Home app.
Here’s how to reinstall Google Home on your smartphone:
- Go to the storage unit of your smartphone.
- Enter the app section and search for the Home app.
- Once located, enter the app settings and choose “Uninstall”.
- After the app is deleted, go to the App Store/Google.
- In the search field, do “Google Home” and tap on the first result.
- Initiate a download for the application.
Tip: Once you’re ready with the reinstall, make sure to restart your thermostat and then attempt to re-establish the connection.
Solution #5 Factory Reset Your Thermostat
If nothing worked, you should attempt to fix the problem by performing a factory reset on your Honeywell thermostat.
Resetting the device will solve a variety of bugs and glitches, but also reset ALL settings to default.
Here’s how to reset your thermostat:
- Power off your thermostat.
- Take out the front panel with slight force.
- Expose the batteries and eject them.
- Insert the batteries back into the compartment but in the incorrect position (negative with negative and positive with positive).
- Standby for 60 seconds.
- Eject the batteries and put them in the correct order.
Once ready with the reset, wait for a couple of moments for your thermostat to get online and jump back to re-establish the connection using our guide.
Honeywell Thermostat Still Not Working With Google Home…
In case you’ve attempted everything in this guide and nothing managed to help, you should first contact Google Home to check whether the issue is coming from the application.
If, however, the application does not seem to be the problem you’ll need to seek assistance from Honeywell, where your warranty (if intact) will serve you well.
Report your problem and demand professional assistance to solve the problem you’re experiencing.
Thus, to fix a Honeywell thermostat that isn’t working with Google Home, power cycle the device and re-install the application. When ready, attempt to establish the connection and if it does not work, factory reset your Honeywell thermostat to see if that will help.
Read Next: Honeywell Thermostat Cool On Blinking But Not Working?
Now that you know why the Honeywell thermostat not working with Google home and what you can do to solve the problem, the rest is up to you.
After all, those devices could always glitch and all you need to do is some home troubleshooting.
We hope that this post was helpful and if you need more assistance with your smart home devices, make sure to check other posts in our technical solution blog.
- Kwikset Smart Lock Code Change – FoolProof Guide - May 25, 2023
- How to Connect Turntable To Marshall Speaker? - May 25, 2023
- Asko Dishwasher Not Drying? – Complete Fix Guide - May 25, 2023