Do you have the Honeywell thermostat no signal issue? Well, you’re not alone!
This problem has been reported by many Honeywell users and because of that, there are a lot of ways to solve the no signal problem.
In this post, we’ll first review the potential suspects and then proceed with the top-rated solutions.
To resolve the no signal issue on the Honeywell thermostat you’ll need to check for issues related to the power supply and the battery. Then you can try resetting the thermostat, reconnecting it with your phone, and troubleshooting weak WiFi signal.
We highly recommend paying attention to the upcoming possibilities description before you proceed with the actual solutions.
There could be plenty of reasons why your Honeywell thermostat has lost its signal.
Everything from lost WiFi connection to power supply and batteries could be a potential cause.
Let’s guess no further and take a look at what users frequently report when their Honeywell thermostat loses signal:
1. Restricted Airflow
Users mentioned that your thermostat can lose signal or go blank if the airflow is insufficient.
2. Battery Issue
If your thermostat is going low on charge, it might eventually lose signal or cause all kinds of other issues.
3. Bad Positioning
Bad positioning of your Honeywell thermostat might as well prevent it from getting any signal.
4. Blown Fuse
A blown fuse in your configuration might directly suppress your thermostat from getting any signal.
5. Hardware/Software Problem
An issue with the thermostat’ software or hardware might as well suppress the signal.
Now when we’ve provided you with transparency on the main suspects for the no signal issue, it’s time to start with the actual solutions.
We assume that you’ve already tried restarting your Honeywell thermostat.
Sometimes all it takes is a simple restart to resolve such issues, so if you haven’t tried to reboot yet, now is the time to do so.
If the signal is not there, after the restart, let’s start with solution number one:
If your thermostat lost signal, it has most likely lost WiFi connection as well.
The easiest way to resume WiFi connection is through the mobile app which you most likely have already installed.
Note: If you still don’t have it, you can get the app for free in both the Google Play (Android) or App Store (iPhone).
Here are the steps to resume the WiFi connection of your thermostat:
- Open the mobile Honeywell app on your phone.
- Go to the Devices tab and connect the thermostat through Bluetooth if you didn’t already.
- Once connected, click on the thermostat’s options and go to the WiFi.
- Scan for networks and re-connect the thermostat to WiFi.
For wireless Honeywell thermostats, WiFi works the same way as a signal. If your thermostat has lost signal, it is most likely due to a lost WiFi connection.
In addition, you should inspect the WiFi you’re connecting the thermostat to for potential outages.
If your thermostat is wireless, it must have a reboot button and a reset button.
The steps below are a guide to performing a hard reset that will discharge your device and hopefully solve signal problems.
Here are the steps to hard reset your Honeywell thermostat:
- Ensure your thermostat is ON and working.
- Press the reboot button and hold it down for 20 seconds.
- Wait for the orange flickering light and release the button.
- Wait for about 3 minutes.
- Plug OUT the power cable from the outlet.
- Remove any power dividers in-between.
- Turn OFF your thermostat.
- Wait for another 3 minutes and connect to a standalone wall outlet (preferably a different outlet than the previous).
- Turn ON your thermostat.
Once ready with the steps, take a look if the thermostat is now receiving a signal. If not, jump to the next step.
In case the thermostat has lost connection to the mobile app on your phone, it will immediately say “No signal” on the digital screen.
We have a quick solution if the issue is with your mobile app and here are the steps to reinstall it:
- Open the storage unit of your mobile phone.
- Write “Honeywell” and locate the app.
- Uninstall the app and go back to the Google Play store or the App Store.
- Write “Honeywell” in the search field and download the app on your phone again.
Once you have reinstalled the app, you will be prompted to connect with your thermostat again in order to resume the signal.
Once you have connected your app with the thermostat, the issue should be resolved now.
If the no signal issue is still there, then we recommend changing the thermostat’s batteries.
Keep in mind that changing the batteries will require removing the thermostat from the wall stand and disassembling its compartment.
Here is how to change your thermostat’s batteries:
- Take down the thermostat from the wall.
- Grab the appropriate screwdriver and unscrew the 4 screws at each end.
- Remove the compartment and eject the old batteries.
- Now grab your new fresh set of batteries and insert them carefully into their positions.
Note: The Honeywell digital thermostat takes 4x AA batteries. We recommend replacing them with brand new batteries.
Once you’re done, put the compartment back together and place the thermostat back onto its stand. Test if the signal will now be there.
If the Honeywell thermostat no signal issue is still there,you should know that thermostats are greatly sensitive to the furnace door.
Even if it is slightly opened, your thermostat could say “No Signal” or its display might go fully blank.
For this solution, we recommend making sure that the furnace door is fully closed.
In addition, you might open it all the way and then close it tightly once the thermostat has started to observe the no signal issue for an update.
Another easy way to fix the no signal issue on your thermostat is to perform a factory reset.
To perform a reset, you will again have dues with the batteries you’ve replaced in the previous solutions.
Here is how to reset your thermostat:
- Eject the thermostat off the wall and unscrew the 4 screws.
- Remove the batteries and place them in reverse polarity.
- After 5 seconds, start taking them out and put them in the correct position.
- Turn on your thermostat.
After your thermostat boots, it will be completely reset, and you will be able to set the settings up again.
If the problem persists even after the reset has taken place, then you’re most likely dealing with a more complex issue that would require a developer’s touch.
Feel free to reach out to Honeywell customer support and ask for assistance.
To fix a Honeywell thermostat “No Signal” issue, you must first hard reset the device, close the furnace door and replace the batteries. Next, ensure the wiring is intact (if your thermostat is wired), reinstall the mobile app, reconnect it with WiFi and perform a factory reset.
After learning how to fix Honeywell thermostat no signal, the executable part of this guide should be easy!
Again, if you could not resolve the problem with our solutions, feel free to reach out to Honeywell customer service before you bring the device for a repair.
- Why Does Sharp Roku TV Keeps Restarting? Fix Guide - November 28, 2021
- Simplisafe Camera Disconnect? Best Fix Methods To Make It Work! - November 28, 2021
- Ecobee Alexa Not Working? Know How To Fix In Minutes - November 27, 2021