Wondering what to do when Crunchyroll not working on PS4? Keep reading!
When an application is not working on a console, the solution might require a few extra steps depending on the issue’s source.
This is why in this guide we’ll cover everything!
Crunchyroll app will not work on the PS4 when the console is not connected to the internet and when the DNS settings are not adjusted properly. In addition, users should erase the cache data and, if necessary, cleanly reinstall the Crunchyroll application.
Crunchyroll is now available and free for PlayStation4 and the experience for some users is not smooth.
If you’re having any problems with the Crunchyroll app on your console, then there’s a proper explanation and solution to the problem!
Here are the most frequently reported causes when Crunchyroll is not working on PS4:
No Internet Connection
First, we have to mention that Crunchyroll requires an active internet connection to stream any anime content.
There’s an option to download some of the footage for offline viewing, but overall, Crunchyroll is an online platform.
Issue With The Application
If you’re watching Crunchyroll on your PS4 through the application, the issue could have multiple sources.
Problems with the Crunchyroll app may include outdated versions, corrupted data, filled app cache, unsupported software, permission problems, and more.
If you’re experiencing issues with the Crunchyroll browser version on your PS4, it is most likely due to overfilled browser history, too many cookies, or incorrect login credentials.
Let’s next learn what the best fix solutions users have suggested:
After learning what can potentially prevent Crunchyroll from working on your PS4, it’s time we move on with the fixes.
Keep in mind that your PS4 must be connected to the power and a TV in order to view the software files and interact with the Crunchyroll source!
Here’s what to do if Crunchyroll has stopped working on your PS4:
The one thing that all users should first attempt is a refresh.
A reboot generally unclogs any errors with the Crunchyroll application or browser version and helps restart ALL services.
Here’s how to properly reboot and discharge your PS4 console in easy steps:
- Grab ahold of your PS4 controller.
- Press the PS button in the middle of the controller.
- Select “Turn off PS4”.
- Wait for the console to shut down.
- Unplug the PS from the power source.
- Wait for additional 5 minutes while the device is unplugged.
- Plug your PS4 back to power.
- Turn on the console and relaunch Crunchyroll.
Tip: Make sure to give your PS4 a couple of minutes to load after the restart!
Crunchyroll, like all other online-video streaming platforms, requires an active and reliable internet connection.
If your PS4 is having issues connecting with the internet or is no longer connected, neither of the Crunchyroll sources will work on the console.
Here’s how to pair your PS4 with the WiFi in easy steps:
- Open the Settings of the PS4.
- Go to Network.
- Press “Set up internet connection”.
- Select “Wireless”.
- Verify that your network router/modem is up and running.
- Wait for the WiFi scanner to locate your network.
- Select and connect with your network by inserting the WiFi key.
- Check if Crunchyroll is going to work now.
Note: You should also note that your console must be close to the router in order for the connection to be strong.
The DNS settings (Domain Name System), are essential for your console to connect to the WiFi.
Those network settings are required to store IP addresses and if become full, they can go saturated and cause network problems with your PS4.
There are reliable DNS servers you can connect your PS4 to and here are all most of them:
- Cloudflare DNS: 220.127.116.11 (primary) 18.104.22.168 (secondary)
- Google DNS 22.214.171.124 (primary) 126.96.36.199 (secondary)
- OpenDNS: 188.8.131.52 (primary) 184.108.40.206 (secondary)
Once you’ve chosen the DNS server, adjust it the following way:
- Open the Settings of the PS4.
- Go to “Network”.
- Access “Set up internet connection”.
- Select “Use WiFi”.
- Press on “Custom”
- For DNS settings, also select Custom.
- Insert the DNS values under the primary and secondary tabs.
- Save the changes and test Crunchyroll.
Alert: Make sure that each number of the DNS is correct, or your PS4 won’t connect to the internet at all.
There’s a chance that you’re trying to run an outdated version of the Crunchyroll app.
If the automatic updates aren’t enabled on your PS4, it’s highly likely that you’ve missed a base platform update, that without, you cannot run Crunchyroll on your PS4.
Here’s in step by step, how to apply the latest version to the Crunchyroll application:
- Go to the Home Screen of your PS4.
- Locate the Crunchyroll app from the home screen.
- Press the “Settings” button on your controller.
- Scroll down and select “Check for Update”.
- Press the “X” button to continue with the available update.
- Wait for Crunchyroll to be updated.
- Check if the platform is going to work now.
Notice: Do not cancel the Crunchyroll update since this may corrupt the data of the application and prevent it from working.
App cache is generated over time in the storage of your PS4, as a result of visiting apps on the device and playing games.
Overfilled app cache on your PS4 may be causing some of the applications to slow down or not work at all. The same thing applies to the Crunchyroll platform installed on your PS4.
Here’s how to remove the app cache on your PS4 in easy steps:
- Turn off the PS4.
- Boot it up again.
- Begin turning on each app and game on the device.
- While the app or game starts, press and hold the L1 and R1 buttons simultaneously.
- Repeat for each installed app or game on your PS4.
Note: Holding the L1 and R1 buttons while starting a certain app clears the app cache only for that platform. Perform the same action with the Crunchyroll app.
If our solutions didn’t help so far, you should reinstall the Crunchyroll application on your PS4.
This will resolve any errors that have something to do with glitched or corrupted data on the console. In other words, this is a clean install of the Crunchyroll application.
Here’s how to reinstall Crunchyroll on your PS4:
- Select Crunchyroll from the home screen.
- Open the app settings by pressing the “Settings” button on your controller.
- Choose “Uninstall”.
- Download Crunchyroll from the PS4’s app store again.
- Start the app.
- Login with your account using the correct credentials.
- Check if the issue is resolved.
Note: Keep in your that your PS4 must be connected to the internet in order to download and install Crunchyroll from the app store.
If Crunchyroll premium isn’t working for you on PS4, we also have a solution!
Here’s what to do if Crunchyroll premium doesn’t work on the PS4 platform:
Make Sure Payment Has Gone Through
Verify that you have paid for the premium services of Crunchyroll on your PS4 Crunchyroll app or web version.
Relog from Your Account
Relog from your Crunchyroll account on the PS4 to resolve the problem with the premium content.
Match Language Preference
If you’re trying to watch a show in Spanish, but your preference is set to “English”, Crunchyroll may give an inconvenient error. Adjust the language of the app and test again.
If you’re still experiencing issues with playing premium Crunchyroll content on PS4, go to the official Crunchyroll Discord forum and ask for more help. This sounds like an account issue!
Thus, Crunchyroll is not working on PS4 due to internet problems or corrupted cache data with the application. The solution includes performing a power cycle on the console, followed by app reinstallation, and, if necessary, seeking help in their Discord server.
Now that we’ve learned why Crunchyroll not working on PS4 and how to solve the problem in easy steps, feel free to use the methods to optimize and solve problems with other PS4 apps.
We hope that this post was helpful and for more relevant content check our blog!
- Why Won’t My Bush TV Connect To WiFi? (Quick Fix Guide) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Not Turning On? – (Fix In Minutes!) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Sound But No Picture? – Here’s How to Fix! - September 21, 2023