Whenever the Crunchyroll Oops something went wrong error appears, it’s not joking! Something broke.
The crash could be related to the internet, host-device resources, cache data, and general things that overwhelm the service’s capacity.
Let’s learn more!
To fix the “Oops” Crunchyroll error, restart the app/browser and log back into the account. Additionally, empty the “Watch Later” Queue and ensure the application is up to date.
Let’s next learn where the “Oops Something Went Wrong” error originates:
“Oops Something Went Wrong” Meaning?
If you’re seeing the “Oops, something went wrong” error message in Crunchyroll or the application just throws you out, you might have too much anime in your queue.
Users reported that sometimes when they’ve added too many series in their playlist queue, the application may give errors similar to the one you’re experiencing. It’s overwhelming!
Here are some occasions in which the “Oops” error appears!
- Too much content in your “Play” queue
- Outdated version of the Crunchyroll application
- Account or login problems with Crunchyroll
- Internet or connectivity issues with your device
Follow our fix solutions to get rid of the “Oops” error as soon as possible!
How to Fix “Crunchyroll Oops Something Went Wrong” Error?
There are quite a few different solutions that you can undertake right now!
Let’s jump right in…
Solution #1 Relog From Crunchyroll
The first thing you should attempt is to relog from the Crunchyroll Account.
Most of the users who experience this problem suggest that re-logging from Crunchyroll fixes this problem temporarily.
This solution will apply to you regardless of whether you’re getting this problem on the Crunchyroll application or website.
Here’s how to stop the Crunchyroll “Oops” error for the time being:
- Press the Settings icon on your Crunchyroll source.
- Choose “Log out”.
- Wait to be redirected to the login screen of Crunchyroll.
- Re-input your credentials into the username and password.
- Press the “Login” button.
- Wait to sign back into Crunchyroll.
When you’re back into Crunchyroll, check if the error still occurs whenever you attempt to play a show or on idle.
In case it does, next, we’ll look for the problem elsewhere!
Note: When the problem appears on idle, the issue might be related to the network!
Solution #2 Clear Crunchyroll Watch Queue
Next, you should clear your Crunchyroll watch queue. The “Oops something went wrong” error may be occurring due to an overfilled watch queue, which generates a bunch of caches.
The more cache your Crunchyroll service generates, the more likely it is for the service to crash and kick the user out.
We’ll describe the method via both, the browser and the application.
Here’s how to clear your Crunchyroll watch queue in easy steps:
How to Clear Crunchyroll Queue From Browser?
- Go to Crunchyroll.com.
- Log into your account.
- Press the Menu icon at the top-right corner.
- Select “Queue”.
- Go to “My Queue”.
- Select ALL of the shows and delete them.
How to Clear Crunchyroll Queue From the App?
- Launch the Crunchyroll app on your device.
- Go to “My Account”.
- From the bottom, tap “My Lists”.
- Select the shows you wish to remove.
- Press “Remove from Watchlist”.
Note: Keep the Watch Queue empty for the rest of the guide!
Solution #3 Reconnect Device to Internet
Some of the times, whenever Crunchyroll loses reception/connection to your device, it will give you the “Oops, something went wrong error”.
To resolve this issue, you should reconnect your device to the internet and check if the issue still occurs.
- On most devices, go to Settings > Connection > WiFi > Connect.
If you’re getting the error even after reconnecting your device to the internet, perhaps the WiFi or the internet is fluctuating.
This will definitely cause the service to lose connection.
Here are some easy ways to troubleshoot network issues:
- Power cycle the network router!
- Reconnect the Ethernet cable.
- Disconnect other devices connected to the WiFi.
- Close the proximity between the Crunchyroll host device and router.
- Stop/Uninstall VPN software.
In case the issues with your internet continue, contact your ISP for more help!
Tip: Test Crunchyroll while connected to your mobile hotspot or the 4G internet.
Solution #4 Update the Crunchyroll App
The next thing you should attempt is to update the Crunchyroll apps.
The “Oops” error often appears due to an outdated version of the application when the compatibility with your device is bad or due to external factors that we are not quite aware of.
Note: Users with the problem on a browser, skip this solution!
Here’s how to update Crunchyroll on your device in easy steps:
- Go to the Settings of your device.
- Head to Storage.
- From there, open the Applications tab.
- Locate the Crunchyroll app.
- Choose “Functions”.
- Select “Update”.
Notice: On some devices, you may have to update Crunchyroll through the App Store rather than in the storage settings.
Solution #5 Clear Browser Data/Cache
A solution that will help browser users who experience this Crunchyroll problem, is to clear their browser’s cache and data.
If you’re still not using Chrome, now is the time, since it is the most compatible with online streaming platforms, such as Crunchyroll.
Here’s how to clear the browser’s data and cache in easy steps:
- Open your browser.
- At the top right, press the “More” button.
- Press “More tools”.
- Go to “Clear browsing data” and select it.
- At the top, choose “Delete Everything”.
- Next, go to “Cookies and other site data”.
- Check all the boxes.
- Choose Clear Data.
When the data has been cleared, feel free to test whether Crunchyroll will crash again.
Note: Erasing the browser Cookies will disconnect your Account from websites!
Solution #6 Reinstall the Crunchyroll App
We suggest reinstalling the application if you’re still experiencing the “Oops something went wrong Crunchyroll” problem.
Browser users should proceed with the next step!
Here’s how to reinstall the Crunchyroll app from your device and resolve the problem:
- Open your device’s Settings.
- Go to “Storage”.
- Enter the app section.
- Locate the Crunchyroll app using the search field.
- Press “Functions” and then choose “Uninstall” to remove Crunchyroll.
- Head back to your device’s App Store.
- Reinstall Crunchyroll.
- Launch Crunchyroll and sign back into your account.
Tip: Keep the application always up to date by allowing Automatic Updates.
Solution #7 Use Alternative Crunchyroll Account
Chances are that this problem is strictly referred to issues with your Crunchyroll Account.
The best way to find out whether this is true or not is to create an alternative Crunchyroll account and check if the error would still be there.
For this solution, you will need a secondary email address for registration!
Here’s how to create an alternative Crunchyroll account in easy steps:
- On the official Crunchyroll, website press Sign Up.
- Insert Email Address, User Name, Password, and Birthday.
- Tap Create Account.
- Confirm that you want to create an account.
- Verify your account by an inbox message in your Email.
- Log in to your new Crunchyroll account.
Using this new Crunchyroll account, watch some episodes and check whether the “Oops” error problem will appear again.
In case it does, we might need some external help…
Crunchyroll “Oops Something Went Wrong” Still There?
When the problem did not go away even after attempting all of the solutions above, then the issue might be more complex than we expected.
You need to double-check whether your internet or WiFi is well-functioning because that remains the only explanation.
You can submit a request at Crunchyroll Request Page for more help!
You’ll need to fill in quite a few device-type specifications and information about your problem, so make sure to be accurate if you would like to receive adequate assistance.
Note: The response might take a few business days so be patient.
Now that we’ve learned why Crunchyroll Oops Something Went Wrong error appears and how to solve the issue in no time, we will no longer be interrupted while enjoying our favorite anime.
We truly hope that we managed to help in our guide and in case you’re interested in more Crunchyroll-related solutions, make sure to check our blog!
- Why Won’t My Bush TV Connect To WiFi? (Quick Fix Guide) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Not Turning On? – (Fix In Minutes!) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Sound But No Picture? – Here’s How to Fix! - September 21, 2023