Wondering why is Crunchyroll so slow? Keep reading to find out!
It does not really matter whether you’re using the app or browser version of Crunchyroll, the slow loading problems are related on all platforms.
In this guide, we’ll cover everything!
The reason why Crunchyroll behavior is slow, is because the internet is bad or the device or application has developed bugs and glitches. The solution includes, performing a restart, and if necessary, cleanly installing the application from scratch.
Let’s next learn more about where the problem is coming from:
Why Is Crunchyroll App So Slow?
The general reason why a streaming platform such as Crucnhyrooll becomes slow is due to extensive buffering.
The video player will buffer when the internet packages sent and received can’t cover the set resolution and quality. Let’s learn more!
Buffering problems with Crunchyroll could be caused by one or more of the following:
- Slow or unreliable internet connection
- Your device is constantly disconnecting from the internet
- Too much or corrupted app cache on your device
- Temporal issues with the native video player used by Crunchyroll.
The slow loading of the Crunchyroll platform is definitely coming from one of the above-listed bullets.
Luckily, next, we’re about to address each of these possibilities to solve the problem!
Let’s next proceed with the best and proven-to-work solutions!
How To Fix When Crunchyroll Is So Slow?
Regardless of whether you use the Crunchyroll browser or app version, the solutions above are made in a way to help in both cases.
The streaming instances have a lot in common so make sure to follow the order of our guide for the most efficiency in troubleshooting.
Fix your Crunchyroll’s slow-loading problem with these solutions:
Solution #1 Restart the Crunchyroll Source
The first thing you should attempt for both the Crunchyroll app and browser version is to perform a restart (refresh).
This is the first and most simple task that takes no time!
To restart Crunchyroll from the app version and browser, follow the appropriate instructions:
- To restart the Crunchyroll app on your device, use the home or exit button based on the device.
- To restart Crunchyroll through a browser, exit the Crunchyroll tab on your browser. Restart the browser and re-launch Crunchyroll.
Note: Make sure to keep the Crunchyroll browser or app turned off for a couple of minutes before restarting the platform.
Solution #2 Test With Different Show
The problem with your Crunchyroll browser or app version could be related to the show you’re watching.
Some shows can be using alternative players or be located on a bad server so you should test with different media.
Test with a different and unrelated anime than the one producing slow-loading issues!
Feel free to exit the current anime you’re watching and browse the selections.
You can test with any other anime to check if the buffering problem or general loading issues with Crunchyroll would still be there.
Note: In case the issue appears on the browser, test how it would go in the app!
Solution #3 Fix Issues With the Internet
Crunchyroll’s slow loading is massively caused by a slow internet connection.
Your device is either constantly losing its connection with the network device, or the internet is weak.
You should troubleshoot your network setup with the following solutions:
- Restart your network device – unplug your network device for 5 minutes.
- Adjust device antennas – make sure the router’s antennas are pointed upwards.
- Relieve network usage – stop downloading, seeding, or uploading.
- Disable VPN – VPN software can be locally installed (apps) or browser extensions.
When you’re connected to WiFi and Cryncyroll is really slow, you should check your WiFi using another device and possibly another streaming platform such as YouTube or Netflix.
Don’t forget that you can always perform a free internet speed test online!
Tip: If you’re concerned about the speed of your WiFi/internet test using cellular (3G or 4G)
Solution #4 Update the Crunchyroll App
If you’re running an outdated version of the Crunchyroll app, it can cause a bunch of loading issues with all of the content available on the platform.
That’s why for application users, the updates are mandatory and you’ll need to check for pending upgrades.
Here’s how to update the Crunchyroll apps universally on all devices:
- Head to the App Store of your device.
- Access the app section through the navigation menu at the bottom.
- Select the “Manage Installed Applications” button at the bottom of the tab.
- Use the search field to locate the Crunchyroll app on your device.
- Open the functions menu of the Crunchyroll app.
- Choose “Check for Updates”.
- Apply any newer version to the Crunchyroll app that is available.
- Check if the slow loading issues are not fixed for the platform.
Alert: Do not shut down your device while the update is ongoing to prevent further complications.
Solution #5 Use Alternative Browser
A solution for users that experience this slow-loading Crunchyroll problem through a browser, is to use an alternative one.
If you’re currently using your OS’ default browser you should get Google Chrome, because it is the most compatible for online streaming.
Test streaming Crunchyroll through Google Chrome!
Remember that you’ll need to log in to your Crunchyroll account from the new browser so when you’re ready, test streaming, and depending on the outcome, draw a conclusion!
I Already Use Google Chrome?
In case the slow-loading problem appears on Google Chrome, follow the steps below:
- Re-open Google Chrome.
- Press on More on the top right (the three dots).
- Choose More Tools, then Clear Browsing Data.
- Check the boxes “Cookies” and “Cached Images & Files”.
- Click Clear Data.
This method will disconnect you from ALL accounts saved in Google Chrome, but for good. Maybe this is why is Crunchyroll so slow.
When you’re ready, test whether Crunchyroll is still going to be slow. If yes, proceed further!
Note: There are more browsers that you can test with such as Mozilla, Microsoft Edge, Netscape Navigator, and Opera.
Solution #6 Clear Your Device’s Cache
Piled-up app cache is never a good thing regardless of the device. When these files start to build up it’s not good for TVs, smartphones, tablets, or anything that has an operating system.
In that regard, if you’re on a smartphone, TV, or tablet you should remove the app cache to check if that will help with the faster loading of Crunchyroll.
Here’s how to clear the app cache on most devices that support the feature:
- Head to the Settings of your device.
- Enter the “Manage Apps” section.
- Select each application installed on your device individually.
- Choose “Clear Cache” for each application.
Tip: If your device supports a “Clear Cache” for ALL apps on the device, do not hesitate!
Solution #7 Reinstall the Crunchyroll App
Another solution only for those who use the Crunchyroll app rather than the browser version, is to perform a clean installation.
When there is corruption with a certain application, in our case Crunchyroll, the problem might reflect in the playback, thus the app is slow.
Here’s how to reinstall the Crunchyroll app on your device:
- Open the Settings of your device.
- Head to the Apps section.
- Press on “Manage Installed Applications”.
- Use the search field to locate the Crunchyroll application.
- From the Functions Menu, choose “Uninstall”.
- Wait for the Crunchyroll application to be removed from your device.
- Re-acquire the Crunchyroll platform from your device’s App Store or Google Play.
Note: To reinstall the Crunchyroll app, your device has to be connected to the internet.
Solution #8 Use a Different Account
Although it is unlikely for this problem be caused by your account, you should still test using an alternative profile before contacting Crunchyroll support.
To use a different Crunchyroll profile, you will first have to sign out from the current one.
Follow these instructions to create a new Crunchyroll account:
- From the login screen of Crunchyroll, press “Sign up”.
- Fill in the required fields for registration.
- Confirm the Crunchyroll terms and conditions.
- Press on “Create Account” to host your new Crunchyroll profile.
- Use it to sign in and check if the problem is fixed.
Tip: You can both create a registration or be redirected to the appropriate page from the Crunchyroll app or browser version.
Hence, the Crunchyroll app is slow because the internet/WiFi is bad or because the application is glitching out. For browser users, the main target should be the browser and by clearing the cache you should be able to solve the problem on both instances.
Here we’ve learned why is Crunchyroll so slow and how to solve the problem, both on the application and the browser version.
We hope that this post was helpful and for more relevant content make sure to check our blog.
- How to Fix LG Sound Bar Remote Not Working? – Working Solutions - January 27, 2023
- Kitchenaid Freezer Not Working But Fridge Is? – Fixed! - January 27, 2023
- JBL Bluetooth Headphones Won’t Turn Off? – Complete Fix Guide - January 27, 2023