Is your Sengled hub not working? Many Sengled smart hub users have experienced a problem where the Sengled hub goes offline unexpectedly or stops working altogether.
This problem is particularly aggravating since it prevents the hub from functioning properly, causing the user to lose control of all of their smart gadgets in the house.
Smart devices can be disrupted by wireless interference from several devices. If the smart gadgets are too far away from the hub, try bringing them closer. Double-check that your internet connection and Switch the devices on and off to see what happens.
We’ll go over some of the methods you may troubleshoot and fix your standalone smart hub if it goes offline in this article.
When your Sengled hub stops working, it could be for a variety of reasons. Let’s look at some of them:
- Sengled smart hub needs to be reset.
- The smart hub needs to be power-cycled.
- Faulty connection to the internet
- The device isn’t connected to any source of power.
We’ll go over some troubleshooting procedures to get things back up and running, regardless of why the Sengled hub isn’t working. Please continue reading to learn how to achieve this.
Start by examining your Wi-Fi if a gadget connected to your smart hub isn’t responding.
Your home network could be down or unreliable, causing issues with connectivity between the smart hub and the item in question.
- Restart the router if necessary.
- Someone in your family may have changed the Wi-Fi network’s name or password.
- Check to see if the router is powered up.
- Make sure that your router’s lights are all green.
- Check to see if other electronic gadgets connected to your network are working properly.
- If necessary, make changes to your device’s settings.
Sometimes the resolution can be as simple as turning the power off and on again, or you/ a family member might have turned it off and forgot about it; double-check the below:
- Make sure your gadget is turned on and connected to the power supply.
- Test other electronic devices such as your TV or Phone charger, to see if they operate.
- Change the power source outlet to see if the original one was faulty.
Power cycling a gadget is the most intensive instance of “turning it off and on again“, but it’s also rather simple and uncomplicated and could help with your Sengled smart hub not working.
- Disconnect any ethernet cables that are connected to the modem.
- Turn your hub off by unplugging it.
- Turn off your router by unplugging it also.
- Wait at least 30 seconds, ( but a full minute is recommended).
- You can plug the device back in and switch it on.
To begin with, there isn’t much of a need to reset a hub, a hub can be reset to factory settings by pressing the reset button.
This means that the hub will forget the WiFi network to which it was previously connected. As a result, it will need to be set up as a new hub in the Sengled Home app in order to work.
If your hub isn’t working and you haven’t reset it yet, follow these:
First, unplug the power cord from the hub, wait 30 seconds, and then reconnect the power cord. Close the distance between the hub and the router. With an Ethernet cable, connect the hub to your router.
The only time you should reset a hub is if one of the following situations occurs:
- If you have a new Internet Service Provider (ISP) (Internet Service Provider).
- If you’ve recently purchased a new router.
- If you’ve recently relocated.
- If you alter your WiFi’s name or password.
- If you want to switch the hub to a different account.
The hub will be disconnected from your WiFi and account if you reset it. As part of the process of getting your hub added back to your account, the hub would have to be erased from the account.
Make sure the hub isn’t connected to any previous Sengled Element accounts. If the hub is still linked to an account, go to the Device tab and delete the unwanted hub.
- Using Method #3 run through a power cycle.
- For 8 seconds, press and hold the reset button on the hub’s side.
- If everything goes well, the hub’s central LED indication will flash eight times.
- If you don’t wait 60 seconds, the hub might not reset properly.
- Check that the internet is operating before connecting the ethernet connection to the hub.
- If you haven’t already, get the Sengled Home app (red symbol).
- Log into the Sengled Home app using your email and password.
- By pressing the three dots in the top right corner, you can add your devices.
If your hub won’t add, but the upper and bottom led indicators are on, we advise testing the following; if you need help testing the following, please contact the router’s manufacturer.
Step 1. Use the router’s settings to assign a static IP address to the hub’s MAC address. The MAC of the hub will start with B0:CE:18.
Step 2. Confirm that your router creates a 2.4 GHz Network connection and that the iOS or Android device you’re using to set it up is linked to it.
Step 3. Check your router’s settings to make sure every one of the “ports” is open. TCP/UDP 80 and TCP 13000 must be opened.
Step 4. Double-check that the firewalls on your router aren’t obstructing the hub.
Finally, basic methods such as shutting your gadget off and giving it some time to refresh nearly always work for your Sengled hub offline not working. We have seen quite often that many people forget to plug their devices in, switch them on, or connect them to the internet.
If the above methods haven’t been able to resolve the issue of your Sengled hub not working, this indicates that it could be an issue with the hardware.
There could be a malfunction with the hub itself or a possible issue with your router.
If the situation persists, we highly suggest reaching out to Sengled’s support team for more troubleshooting steps and advice.
- iHome Speaker Keeps Disconnecting? Here’s How To Fix! - July 3, 2022
- Sony TV Screen Mirroring Keeps Disconnecting? – Complete Fix Guide! - July 3, 2022
- Can You Undelete A Discord Server? – Complete Guide - July 3, 2022