Our simple instructions will show you how to connect Sengled bulb to Alexa and enjoy the atmosphere that this creates.
All you need is a Sengled Bulb, the Amazon Alexa app, and internet access; the rest is just a few taps here and there, and you’ll be set up!
Once you’ve connected your Sengled Bulbs to Alexa, you’ll be able to operate them using Alexa voice control and commands. Alexa voice commands may be used to turn on and off your smart bulbs, adjust the dimmer levels, and even change colors on your smart light bulbs.
Because they don’t have the means to speak to a server on the Internet, certain Sengled smart bulbs don’t work with Amazon Alexa at this moment:
- A Sengled Pulse
- A Sengled Smartsense
Keep reading ahead to find out how to connect a Sengled Bulb to Alexa.
We’ve seen a lot of questions on how to set up Sengled bulbs for Alexa, so we decided to make it easier for you. Following these instructions will allow you to connect your Sengled bulb to Amazon Alexa successfully:
You’ll need the Amazon Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet to connect your Sengled bulbs.
- Open the Google Play Store.
- In the search bar, type “Amazon Alexa.“
- In the search results, look for Amazon Alexa.
- To begin downloading the app, click Install.
- Go to the App Store on your Apple device.
- Look up “Alexa”.
- In the search results, look for Amazon Alexa.
- To download, click the download icon.
Now that you have installed the app, you must complete the setup process to be able to connect the Sengled bulb to Alexa.
- Sign in, andto accept Amazon’s terms, tap Continue.
- Tap an Amazon device and follow the directions.
- When prompted to grant Amazon rights, select Allow.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Click Continue or Skip.
- Type in 6 digit code.
- Then click Continue.
Now that you’ve installed and set up the Alexa app, it’s time to move on to getting them connected, so you can start to control your Sengled bulbs via voice control from your Alexa device.
Go to your phone’s app store and search for “Alexa.” If you don’t already have the app, you can get it from the App Store for Apple or the Google Playstore for Android.
Open the app once it has been installed.
Select the menu option on the top left side of your screen. A drop-down menu will appear. Go to the menu and select the ‘Skills and Games‘ area.
The application will direct you to the ‘All Skills‘ page, which includes a search box at the top of the screen. In the search function, type ‘Sengled.
Your search returns three results: Sengled, Sengled home app, and Sengled home element. You can choose from any of these alternatives.
After that, click the magnifying glass button to go to the search results.
Following on from the “How to begin” section we will now look at how to add the Sengled Service to Alexa
- After selecting Search, type Sengled into the search box and choose Sengled from the results.
- Choose Sengled Home.
- Choose Enable To Use.
- Select Sign In after entering your Sengled Email Address and Password.
- You’ll be able to link your accounts. In the top corner, click the X.
- When Alexa asks you to find devices on your Sengled setup, choose Discover Devices.
Now, Alexa will search for new products to control, and they’ll show up in your Alexa app as well as any Echo speaker assistants quickly after that.
Note: Using an Alexa voice control to switch on or off your Sengled devices is the best method to see if they’ve connected to Alexa.
So, using the identification of the Sengeld device you provided in the Sengled app, try controlling it with an Alexa voice control like “Alexa, turn on bedroom light.”
So now you know how to connect a Sengled bulb to Alexa. To use Alexa’s voice control to manage your lights, you’ll need to create groups.
For example, all of the lights in the bedroom or all of the lights in the living room could be grouped.
Follow these steps to create a group that you can govern using Alexa:
- Select the Devices tab from the drop-down menu.
- Select Add Group after clicking the + symbol.
- Create a name for the group or select one from the drop-down menu.
- Next should be selected.
- Pick which lights you want to include in the group, then click Save.
Once everything is all set up, what you will have to do here is speak to Alexa and tell her which grouping of lights you would like to manage. E.g., “Alexa, switch on the living room lights.“
Read Next: Why Alexa Plays on Samples?
If the steps above haven’t assisted you with how to connect Sengled bulb to Alexa it could be a hardware issue with either the Sengled Light bulb itself or the Alexa device.
This could be either the Sengled bulb malfunctioning or possibly the device you are trying to connect Alexa to.
This article has shown you how to link your Sengled account to your Amazon account so that you may control your Sengled lights using the Alexa Assistant on your smartphone, tablet, and a variety of Amazon speakers, such as the Echo.
We highly recommend reaching out to Sengled’s support team and or Amazon’s support desk for some advice and help if you have any issues.
- iHome Speaker Keeps Disconnecting? Here’s How To Fix! - July 3, 2022
- Sony TV Screen Mirroring Keeps Disconnecting? – Complete Fix Guide! - July 3, 2022
- Can You Undelete A Discord Server? – Complete Guide - July 3, 2022