If you are a console lover, you may always want to know how to make mobile hotspot faster for PS4. It always feels nice when you watch or download your favorite games, and then you get them instantly on your storage.
However, it can be very annoying when you try to download or watch, and the thing you see is the loading circle without any progress. If you are using a mobile hotspot, you may need to make it faster.
Read on to know how you can increase your mobile hotspot speed on your PS4.
With more than a 2.4GHz network on your mobile device, you can enjoy faster play or downloads on your PS4. The recommended one is often 5GHz.
Various reasons cause your mobile hotspot to lag on PS4. Below are some of them that you may need to know.
- You have many obstacles between your PS4 and your phone
- You are using the same hotspot on many devices
- Your network is lower than 5GHz
Note: With your mobile phone connected to the internet, you can hotspot any other device you wish.
You can enjoy the hot-spotting anywhere you want to at your convenience and get the same advantages you get from your stationed router.
Unlike Wi-Fi, hot-spotting your PS4 from your mobile phone is more secure.
Wondering how to make hotspot faster for PS4? You can try these simple methods:
Instead of the common 2.4GHz, you can change the network to a higher band. You will improve the connectivity, and you will have solved the slow connection issue.
Please use these steps if you are using a Samsung android phone. The process is similar to most androids.
- Go to your phone’s settings.
- Navigate to Connections the select Mobile Hotspot and Tethering.
- Choose Mobile hotspot then, click the three dots on top of the right corner on your screen.
- Select Configure mobile Hotspot, then scroll down to select Show advanced options.
- Select 5GHz preferred or use 5GHz when available.
If your android does not have the 5GHz option, you may need to disconnect any other device that your mobile is hot-spotting when using the PS4 to play online.
The remote play, in most cases, creates a mini network that connects other devices to the internet.
So, if you disable it, you will only allow your PS4 to concentrate on the specific game you are playing. You can use these steps to disable it.
- On your device, go to Settings followed by remote play Connection settings.
- Click on the Checkbox to Disable remote play.
If the mobile phone you are using is far from the PS4, the connection will not be faster.
Hence, the signal will be weak, causing slower downloads. You need to ensure that you are near the PS4, and if there are any obstacles between the phone and the PS4, you can remove them as well.
Rebooting or restarting a phone solves many issues, including slow performance. If you have an android, you can restart it to see if the slow connection to PS4 resolves.
- Press and hold your phone’s Power button for around 5 seconds.
- You will see an option to Power off appear on your screen. Kindly select it.
- If your device gives you an option to Restart, then select it to restart your phone.
- Hotspot your PS4 to see if the connection is faster.
Your PS4 may also lag due to many apps operating or probably because of the many activities it performs. Restarting it may solve the problem.
Use these steps to restart.
- On the controller, Press and Hold the PS4 button.
- Select ‘Power.’
- Choose the option, ‘Restart the PS4.’
Another way to restart is to hold the PS4 power button for around 5 seconds or until the device beeps twice.
You can also remove the device’s power cord from the power outlet then plug it back in after 3 minutes. Ensure that the PS4 is off when doing this to avoid losing data.
When you are downloading a game, it may reach a point and download at a slower pace than it began.
If you see this, you can pause the download for a few seconds then resume it. This method should solve the slow internet connection.
Trying any of the methods above, mobile hot-spotting should be faster on your PS4. If not, you may need to upgrade to a better network that provides faster hot-spotting.
The more you pay for a service, the better the outcome you will receive.
Besides, you may need to check if your PS4 has other background apps that are using the network.
They may include Gmail or other social media apps. Turn those apps off so that you can use the hotspot while playing online or downloading games only.
If you want a faster mobile hotspot for your PS4, you need to choose a network that is higher than 2.4GHz. A recommended one is often 5GHz if you want to play or download games without any disruptions.
Read Next: Can PS4 Connect to 5 GHz WiFi?
If you have been thinking about how to make mobile hotspot faster for PS4, then you should stop worrying. The methods above are reliable since they have worked for most people with PS4.
You always need to ensure that you upgrade the internet from 2.4GHz to 5GHz. Restarting both your phone and the PS4 more often solves the problem, too.
Also, do not forget to disable the remote play if you want the fastest download on your PS4.
You can make a mobile hotspot faster for PS4 by upgrading to a faster connection. A 5GHz network is always the best if you do not want disruptions.
- Bosch Dishwasher Not Cleaning Well? – Here’s How to Fix - November 24, 2022
- How to Fix Shark Robot Vacuum Error 9 Easily? - November 24, 2022
- How to Fix Wyze Plug Flashing Blue Light? – Complete Guide - November 24, 2022