If your Disney plus download not working, we have a quick fix for your problem!
The issue with your Disney plus could be caused by insufficient storage within your device or a problem with the internet connection.
Chances are that you’ve chosen an incorrect show or movie to download that prevents you from doing so due to corrupted data.
To fix Disney Plus that won’t download, make sure that your device is connected to the internet and reopen the Disney app. Free up storage on your device and make sure Disney Plus is up to date. Lastly, reinstall the Disney plus app to solve the problem.
Many factors can impact the downloading capability of your Disney Plus application.
Luckily, we’ve identified the most frequently reported causes from users who are struggling with the same blunder as you are.
Here are the causes that can prevent your Disney Plus from downloading content:
1. Insufficient Storage
Your device must have enough storage to download a certain show and store it on its memory stick.
2. No Internet
In order for the device to download content from Disney plus, it must be connected to the internet and eligible to contact the servers.
3. Unavailable Movie Or Episodes
There can be a problem with the episode or movie you’re attempting to download currently. Test with another TV show or movie!
4. Account Problem
Your account may have gotten restricted from the downloading feature and this is the reason why you’re getting errors.
5. Network Trouble
If your device is connected but downloading is still not possible, there could be an issue with the network.
Those were the causes that could have impacted your Disney Plus downloading.
Keep reading to learn how to solve the problem in easy steps.
If your Disney Plus’s downloading isn’t working, you should attempt to reboot the application first.
This will help with OS issues that are preventing you from downloading any TV shows and movies.
If restarting your Disney Plus didn’t help, keep reading to learn how to solve the problem:
There is a possibility that the TV show or movie you’re attempting to download is currently unavailable.
If that’s the problem, then you should test downloading an alternative media from Disney Plus to determine if that would solve the problem.
In that regard, go to a different show while you’re online and attempt to download it with the “Save for later” feature.
It will initiate a download on your device, towards the direction you’ve appointed and you will be able to determine if the problem is based on a single show.
Note: Make sure to re-download the alternative TV or show the same way as you did with the previous one.
If the download feature doesn’t work on your Disney plus, your device is most likely not connected to the internet.
What you should do next is check if your device is paired with a WiFi or a cellular network and connect it in case it isn’t.
Here is the universal explanation for connecting your device to the internet:
- On your device, access the settings tab.
- Hover to the “WiFi & Networking” system tab.
- From there, wait for your phone to check for networks.
- Navigate to your WiFi network and tap it once.
- Insert the WiFi key and wait for your device to get connected.
Note: If you tend to use cellular to download content from Disney Plus, check whether you’ve got any available data.
The next step would be to inspect whether the device has enough local storage available to download the media you need.
That’s to say because if your device lacks storage for the corresponding Disney Plus content download, it will simply deny the process without reasoning itself.
Here are some additional universal steps on how to clear device storage:
- On your mobile device, tablet or PC, access the storage unit.
- From there, go to the destination where you’ve selected Disney Plus to download (only if you’re on a PC).
- Otherwise, delete content, equal to at least 2-3 gigabytes on your device.
- Re-attempt downloading content from your Disney Plus app.
Note: 3 gigabytes is the least you must have when downloading from Disney Plus. For additional content, free up more space accordingly.
In case you’re connected to the internet and there is enough storage, the next step is to update the Disney application’s version.
In that regard, we will now guide you through updating your Disney Plus if you have it installed on a smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Let’s begin with updating Disney Plus or mobile units:
- Open the App Store/Google Play on your mobile device.
- In the search field, do “Disney Plus”.
- Tap on the downloaded result and tap the “Update” button that has appeared instead of the download one.
- On your PC or laptop, open the Microsoft store.
- From there, do “Disney Plus” in the search field.
- Once again, search for an “Update” button, which you have to press.
- Wait for the update to conclude.
Note: For TV application users, the update could happen from the dedicated OS app store.
Lastly, you should reinstall the Disney app if none of our solutions worked. That will help solve bugs and glitches that are preventing you from downloading TV shows and movies.
Here’s how to reinstall Disney Plus on your smartphone, tablet, PC, or laptop:
- Go to the storage unit of your device.
- Look for “Disney Plus” in the applications manager.
- In the functions tab, choose “Uninstall” Disney plus’.
- Go back to the app store of your device and download Disney Plus again.
Note: In case reinstalling didn’t help either, contact Disney support to inspect your account for limitations.
If downloaded movies or TV shows aren’t playing for you while in offline mode, there are quite a few things to inspect before making any conclusions.
Here’s how to solve offline downloads on Disney Plus:
1. Relog From Your Account
What you should first do is log out from your Disney Plus account. Press the “cogwheel”, choose “Sign Out” and then log back in.
2. Reboot Your Mobile Device
Reboot your mobile device by holding the power button for 5 seconds and choosing “Restart” in the power menu. Retry Disney Plus downloads afterward.
3. Turn Off Airplane Mode
Ensure your device doesn’t have airplane mode enabled. Disable the mode from the quick settings menu.
4. Clean Memory
Clean the memory of your mobile device by holding the home button and sliding all opened tabs and apps to the left or right.
If downloading or playing offline still doesn’t seem to be working, perhaps Disney has an outage.
Contact their support center for more information and additional assistance!
Thus, to fix Disney Plus downloading, clear your device’s memory and make sure it is connected to the internet. Next, update the Disney Plus application to the latest version and if it doesn’t help, reinstall the entirety of it.
Now that you know why Disney plus download not working and how to fix the problem, you should face no trouble with the solution to the problem.
As a last resort contact Disney Plus’ support crew, to help you in case the problem is related to your Account.
- Sanyo TV Screen Goes Black After A Few Seconds? Complete Fix! - May 13, 2022
- Why Sonos Move Won’t Connect To Bluetooth? Fix Guide - May 13, 2022
- How To Delete My Peacock Account? Complete Guide! - May 13, 2022