Wondering why is the Wyze thermostat schedule not working? Read this guide!
There are numerous reasons why the schedules are not working. Schedules allow users to program their thermostats for weeks ahead and set individual settings for each day.
That would only be possible if the schedules are set correctly and all conditions for them to work are met!
To fix the schedules of your Wyze thermostat, remove ALL your old schedules and create a new one rightfully. Next, reboot your HVAC system in case your thermostat is shutting down, and proceed with reinstalling the Wyze application.
Now that you’re already aware of what the solutions include, let’s take a deeper look at some of the possibilities before we jump straight into the solutions.
There are a few commonly met Wyze thermostat schedule issues and we’re about to take a closer look at each of them.
Here is what might be preventing your schedules from working:
1. Not Set Rightfully
If you’ve never set schedules before there is a high chance that you’re doing something wrong.
2. Power Outages
In case your thermostat has been restarted during a schedule it may not be complete.
3. HVAC System Failure
Sometimes the HVAC system might produce issues, therefore restarting your thermostat and preventing the schedules from executing.
4. No WiFi
Schedules are dependent on internet connection and whenever your WiFi drops, especially right before a schedule, it might not execute.
With that being said let’s begin with our step-by-step solution guide.
Our steps are designed in a way to tackle each possibility one by one and skipping steps might just result in a failure to understand what’s wrong.
Also, don’t forget to test the functionality of your schedules after each of the steps to justify which solutions truly helped.
The very first step, to begin with, would be to create a brand new schedule so you can exclude the possibility of not setting up something properly.
We’re about to guide you through the right way to create and utilize a schedule so you can move on with the actual solutions ahead.
Here is how to create a schedule on your Wyze Thermostat:
- Open the Wyze application.
- Press on the Wyze thermostat.
- Open the Settings.
- Go to Schedule and then Create New Schedule.
- Under the Edit Schedule, choose a day.
- Use Add Block, to create a schedule for when you’re Away, Sleep or Home.
- Press Save and then again to create your schedule.
Keep in mind that if you create a schedule for the Home Block, it will ONLY work when your thermostat is in Home Mode. It also applies to the other scheduled blocks.
Note: Create your schedule to execute today after a few minutes so you can test right away!
If the newly created schedule did not execute, you can’t proceed any further before addressing your HVAC system.
No power equals no schedule, so you have to perform the good old restart to reboot all services and provide a smooth operation.
Here is how to restart your HVAC system in easy steps:
- Cut off the power to your HVAC system.
- Inspect the thermostat’s wiring and on your control board.
- Make sure that ALL wires are securely attached.
- Turn on the HVAC system power.
Note: Test your HVAC system by opening the Wyze app and going to Settings > Advanced > System Test.
Now when you’ve created a new schedule to test with and restarted your HVAC system, but the Wyze schedule is not working, let’s focus on your internet.
The Wyze application communicates with your thermostat via the internet, hence, no internet equals no schedule.
Here is how to troubleshoot your WiFi in easy to follow steps:
- Connect both your Wyze thermostat and app to the same 2.4Ghz WiFi.
- Stop other devices from downloading/seeding or uploading using that network.
- Restart your router/modem using the power button.
- Reconnect both your devices.
- Test schedule.
Tip: To justify that your WiFi is fully functional, perform a test using your smartphone.
In case you’ve made sure that your WiFi is not the problem, the next step would be to target the application.
Since all schedules are made within the Wyze application, that could be the reason why they are not being executed.
Alert: By reinstalling the application, ALL data will be erased including your schedules!
- On your smartphone head to the Applications Tab.
- Select Wyze and hit the Delete button.
- Open the dedicated App Store.
- Search for the Wyze application and hit Download.
Now when the application is reinstalled, you can be certain that you’re using the latest possible version, which might have been the problem in the first place.
Pro Tip: Jump back to Step #1, to create and test a new schedule.
Since the factory reset will erase ALL settings and configurations made so far, we suggest performing a regular reboot beforehand.
To restart your thermostat simply turn the device off and on again.
In case the problem persists, proceed with the factory reset method:
- Find the Control Button, located on the side panel.
- Hold the Control Button for about 15 seconds.
- The thermostat will turn OFF and then ON automatically.
- Wait about 5 minutes for the reset to complete.
Note: Your thermostat will not be just as when you’ve purchased it.
In case you’ve just performed a factory reset and it did not help, we’ve got a couple more moves hidden in our sleeves.
Follow the bullets below to see if any of them will help:
- Cycle between the thermostat modes – Test with ALL 3 different thermostat modes (Home, Away, and Sleep) to see if your schedule will execute on any of them.
- Delete your Wyze thermostat from the application and re-add it again. Use Step #1 to create a new schedule to test with after.
- Update your Wyze thermostat via the application settings.
- Contact Wyze customer service.
If you’re here and the problem is still present, maybe you should check whether your warranty is intact and if yes, contact Wyze customer service.
Maybe an internal component is broken, hence, connectivity is impacted which is directly responsible for utilizing the schedules.
Thus, to fix a not working Wyze thermostat schedule, restart your HVAC system and your thermostat. Next, reinstall the Wyze application from your smartphone and solve any WiFi issues.
Read Next: Wyze Thermostat Not Cooling? (Fixed)
Now when we went through why the Wyze thermostat schedule not working you should have a better understanding of where the problem could be. Using our solutions, you should get one step closer to the problem.
However, sometimes online solutions might not help, and the next step would be to contact either Wyze or an HVAC technician in case you’ve got concerns.
If you’ve found this post helpful, we would recommend taking a look at other solutions guides in our blog. Who knows when you will need them again!
- Wyze Camera Making Noise? – (7 Proven Solutions!) - December 10, 2023
- Philips Roku TV Won’t Turn On No Red Light? (6 Quick Fix!) - December 10, 2023
- Shark Robot Vacuum Obstruction Error? (7 Proven Solutions) - December 7, 2023