Many other users, just like you ask, “why won’t my Turtle Beach headset turn on” and the complete answer and fix guide can be found here.
Your headset might not be turning on due to several different reasons. There might be a hardware failure or your USB charging cable does not work.
Even if rarely the device might be stuck in an OFF state and would require a reset to get back on track.
To fix the issue where the earphones won’t turn on, start with long-charging the device. Then replace the USB cable and attempt to charge them again. If that does not work, use the official Recovery Tool and update the Turtle Beach OS firmware.
There is much more behind the solution than just that. Keep reading to learn and execute some proven to work methods that will definitely help you understand the problem better.
Many users who asked “why won’t my turtle beach wireless headset turn on” ended up solving their problem after executing these solutions.
It’s important to follow their order and not to skip anything. The reset is easy.
Let’s start with charging the Turtle Beach headphones first:
The very first thing to start with whenever your headset won’t turn on is to attempt the long charge.
Take the original USB cable that was shipped along with your headphones and plug them into a proven-to-work power outlet.
Keep charging the headset for at least 30 minutes. Whenever the time has elapsed you can be confident that the device would have sufficient charge to work with.
Note: Press the headset’s power button, located on the side to turn on the device.
As the heading of this solution suggests, the next step would be to attempt charging the headphones with another (working) USB cable.
Using a different cable will not impact the functionality of your headphones, as long as it has the same entries as the original.
Keep in mind that the charging cable is not the only factor that could prevent your headset from charging.
The power outlet that you’re using might be faulty so we suggest using a different one this time, along with the new USB cable.
Keep the headphones plugged for about 10-15 minutes just to test whether the new components will make a difference. Then again, the side power button to turn the device on.
Tip: Apply a mild force when inserting the cable into the headset’s entry port.
Even if your headset is not turned on, by connecting them to your computer you will quickly realize whether they are working or not.
If the headphones show up in the Turtle Beach Audio hub, then you can exclude the hardware failure as a possibility.
From there you would be able to update their OS firmware and hopefully solve the not turning on problem. If you don’t have the Turtle Beach audio hub, now is the time to download it.
Here is how to update your headset software:
- Connect your headset and transmitter to your computer.
- The Turtle Beach audio hub will ask you to update the firmware.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
Note: If the Turtle Beach audio hub does not recognize the headset, replace the USB cable and attempt again.
The next step towards answering the question “why won’t my Turtle Beach headset turn on” would be to repair them.
Before proceeding any further with more complex approaches, we suggest attempting to solve the problem with the official Turtle Beach Recovery Tool.
Since many users share that it turns out to be very effective, you should definitely attempt to solve the problem before you proceed.
Note: This method applies only to PS and Xbox Stealth 700 Gen 2 models.
- Download the Recovery Tool for Stealth 700 Gen 2 PS
- Download the Recovery Tool for Stealth 700 Gen 2 Xbox
- Connect your headset to your PC using the USB cable.
- Open the downloaded file “Stealth700_PlayStation_Gen2_Recovery-v2.0.6.EXE”
- When the window asks you “Ready to Start” press “Yes”
- Click on Allow Access when the Windows Defender prompt appears.
- Wait for 5 minutes until the process is complete.
- Do NOT interact with the computer in any way while the process is ongoing.
- Wait for the Recovery Tool to display “Reprogramming Complete”.
- Unplug the headset.
- Attempt to turn on the device using the side power button.
If the reprogramming was not enough to turn on your headphones, maybe a software (OS) problem has occurred and you would need to update their firmware in the next solution.
In case the Turtle Beach audio hub does not recognize your headset or the firmware update didn’t help, you should definitely proceed with a factory reset.
This process is well-known to solve issues related to functionality, power problems, and even minor OS failures.
Depending on the model you have, we’ve separated the reset into two parts:
- Connect your headphones to a power outlet.
- Press both the Fashion and Connect buttons.
- Hold both buttons for no less than 30 seconds.
- Press the headphones’ power button to turn them on.
- Connect your headphones to the power.
- Press both the Fashion and Bluetooth buttons.
- Hold both buttons for about 30 seconds.
- Attempt to turn on the headphones using the power button.
Once your headphones are reset, even if they refuse to turn on, take a working USB cable, plug them into your computer and check whether the Turtle Beach audio hub will now recognize them.
If they remain inactive, regardless of what you try, maybe they are broken.
Note: After the reset, ALL your settings will be permanently gone.
Thus, to fix a headset that won’t turn on, perform the long-charge method and use another USB cable in case the current one does not work. Then attempt to solve the problem with the official Recovery Tool and perform a factory reset to clear any OS issues.
Now when we’ve answered the question “why won’t my Turtle Beach headset turn on” you should be one step closer to the solution.
In case your headset is still not functional, you should use your warranty or contact Turtle Beach customer service for further instructions.
We hope that our post was helpful for you to solve the problem and if you’re experiencing other technical difficulties, make sure to check for the solution in our online blog.
- Wyze Camera Making Noise? – (7 Proven Solutions!) - December 10, 2023
- Philips Roku TV Won’t Turn On No Red Light? (6 Quick Fix!) - December 10, 2023
- Shark Robot Vacuum Obstruction Error? (7 Proven Solutions) - December 7, 2023