Asking why won’t my Audible book download? No problem! Your Audible downloads might be suppressed due to a variety of factors.
Some of the reasons could be incorrect Audible settings, bad internet downloading quality, and plenty of other factors that we will review in this guide.
Your Audible application will not download books if you get disconnected from the internet. You could have unchecked the quality download setting or the application is having issues on its own.
There could also be a problem with the book itself or an issue with the mobile network coverage.
Let’s answer your question in proper detail before we move on to the fixed guide and get the downloading problem of your Audible resolved.
Why Won’t My Audible Book Download? – Top Reasons
For the download manager to be functional and all, your smartphone must be connected to the internet in the first place.
Books can be viewed in offline mode only when they are locally downloaded beforehand, but you’ll definitely need reliable internet to do so.
Having that in mind, here is what could be causing the problem:
- An Issue With Download Settings – Certain settings within the Audible app must be chosen for the download to go smoothly.
- Temporal Bug Or Glitch – An issue with the app or your device may also result in a problem with the downloading.
- Outdated App – Downloading requires the latest version of the Audible app applied on your device.
- No Internet- Your device must be connected to the internet in order to download for offline viewing/listening.
Let’s now proceed to fix the following causes with a proven step-by-step guide.
To solve the downloading problem, you should start with a few basic approaches, reflected in our first solutions.
In that regard, make sure not to skip any steps in this guide so you can be downloading audiobooks without issues by the end of this post.
The first thing you should attempt is to restart the Audible app and then reboot your smartphone.
There could be a chance for a temporary bug or glitch that is preventing you from downloading audiobooks in the application.
Thus, by rebooting it, you can solve the problem without investing much time.
Here’s how to perform a restart on your iPhone and restart the Audible app easily:
- Exit the Audible app by pressing the home button on the bottom of your phone.
- Hold the power button for 3 seconds to open the power menu.
- Choose “Restart” or “Power Off”.
- Wait for your phone to shut down completely.
- Using the power button, turn the device ON.
- Access the Audible application.
Note: Once your device has rebooted, wait for a minute or two for the software to start running normally.
Only then, attempt downloading books from Audible.
You might have messed up the Audible application download settings, resulting in issues with the audiobooks download.
In this solution, we will get you familiar with the correct settings of the Audible app.
Here’s how to configure the download settings of your Audible app:
- In your Audible, tap the “Profile” icon in the upper left.
- From there, hit the “Gear” icon and go to “Data & Storage”.
- Select “Download By Quality”.
- Choose a download quality that is checked off currently.
Note: You can test from “Standard” to “High” regarding download quality.
You should test downloading your books with each of the available qualities to determine if it is going to work.
The problem could be caused due to that one book in particular.
We won’t ask you to do anything rather complicated in this solution, except for attempting to download an alternative audiobook.
The book that you will attempt to download might not be to your liking, but it’s important to determine whether the problem was with the previous book or there is an application fault.
Note: Make sure that the book you will attempt to download and the one that’s giving you the trouble don’t share the same publisher.
Chances are that if one of the publisher’s books has troubles, all of the rest will have too.
For you to download books from Audible for offline viewing, your device must be connected to the internet.
That’s to say because, without the internet, the download will fail to result in an inability to download the audiobook while your phone is offline.
Here’s how to connect your Apple device to the internet:
- From your home screen, head to Settings.
- Choose “Wi-Fi” and scan for networks.
- Select your WiFi network and press it once.
- Enter the WiFi key and tap on connect.
- Attempt downloading from Audible.
Note: If you’re performing the download on a cellular internet, ensure that you’re in coverage.
Not running the latest version of Audible may result in some problems, such as the prevention of downloading audiobooks.
Some publishers or formats of audiobooks require the latest scripts to be available in the applications that come with the latest update.
Here’s how to update your Audible app in easy steps:
- On your smartphone, access the App Store from the home screen.
- Search “Audible” in the search field and tap on “Search”.
- Select the first result that you have downloaded on your phone.
- From there, instead of the download button, you should be looking for an “Update” button.
- Select the update button and wait for the application to get patched.
Note: You will be asked whether or not to allow automatic updates for the Audible app.
If you’ve rejected that prompt early on, you will have to manually apply the latest patches available to your Audible application.
If updating the Audible app didn’t work well, then you should reinstall the entire application.
Any corrupted or faulty software data may be the cause of the problem you’re experiencing and by reinstalling it, you might just be able to solve it.
Here’s how to reinstall the Audible app on your Apple device:
- On your smartphone device, go to the settings.
- Scroll down until you find Audible.
- Tap on the app and choose Uninstall.
- Once done, head back to the app store and re-download the application.
Note: Make sure that you enter your credentials correctly and you allow the “Automatic Updates” upon entering the application.
Thus, to fix the Audible app that won’t install audiobooks, reboot the app along with your smartphone device. Reconnect your phone with the internet and change the download quality. Update the Audible app and only then, reinstall the application.
Read Next: Audible Turns Off When Screen Locks? (Fixed)
After learning why won’t my Audible book download and how to solve the problem, the rest is easy.
Don’t refrain from contacting Audible if the problem seems to be persisting since they can provide you with additional troubleshooting steps.
If you find this post helpful, make sure to check our online technical blog to discover many other helpful solutions to solve the issues you’re facing.
- ADT Door Sensor Says Open? Here’s How to Fix - May 17, 2022
- Why Is Philo Not Working On Firestick? Complete Fix Guide! - May 17, 2022
- How to Clean Fingerprints Off TV Screen? Quick & Easy Methods! - May 17, 2022