In case your Audible turns off when screen locks, we have a solution for you!
There could be multiple factors from where the issue is coming from and we’re going to review all of them in this guide.
Keep reading to identify the problem and solve your issue in minutes!
To fix the random shut down of the Audible app, update the application to the latest version and then your smartphone device. Next, relieve the storage of your mobile device and if it does not help, reinstall the application.
Since there could be quite a few causes to this issue, let’s first review where the problem is coming from and then proceed to the solutions.
Regardless of whether you have the application installed on Android or iPhone, the issue most often shares the same roots.
Let’s take a look at all things that could be closing your Audible app:
1. Outdated OS/Audible
Not running the latest version on both ends might be the cause of this issue.
2. Storage Problems
If your iPhone/Android storage is full, the device might run into issues since there is no available space to store temporal information.
3. Corrupted Data
In case corrupted data has developed in the software of the Audible applications, it could shut down when your device’s screen locks.
4. Memory Overloaded
With weaker iPhones and Android devices, the memory could easily overload and shut Audible down to preserve resources.
5. iOS Issue
Basically, a general software problem with iPhones, especially if the device is jailbroken, might cause failure on some applications from the app store.
Note: Keep in mind that not using the original version of Audible could also be the reason why the app keeps shutting down when your iPhone’ screen locks.
When applying the solutions, make sure to test Audible after each troubleshooting attempt.
This way you will be able to catch what causes this issue and solve it permanently.
Note: The majority of users experience this issue on iOS, so our guide is going to be using the iPhone’s menus for navigation. However, the same solutions work on Android as well.
Here’s how to prevent Audible from shutting down after your iPhone locks in an easy step-to-step guide:
The first solution is simple. We suggest restarting both Audible and your smartphone.
These restarts will reboot ALL services responsible for operating the application and hopefully, that will resolve the problem.
Here’s how to restart your iPhone and Audible properly:
- Exit Audible if it is running and clear it from the memory section.
- Hold the power button of your iPhone and slide the power slider.
- Once the device is shut down, press the power button and wait for it to boot.
- Open Audible and test if the issue is resolved.
Note: When your iPhone boots, don’t open Audible directly. Give the device several minutes to start all services and load everything in peace.
As we’ve mentioned earlier, the main cause of this problem might be related to the memory and storage of your device.
Especially if you’re using an older device with less active memory, this could cause problems with a variety of applications and lead to crashes.
We will begin with freeing up memory on your iPhone:
- Hold the home button or push the control slider upwards (only on iPhone X and above) to open the memory tab.
- Slide all applications to the left/right to remove them from the memory.
- Press anywhere on the screen to exit the memory tab.
- Run Audible and test.
This is how to free up storage on your iPhone. Let’s now see how to open up some storage.
- Open the storage unit on your iPhone, by going Settings > General > Storage.
- Check if the storage is full.
- If it is full, delete unnecessary apps and games from the section.
Note: Freeing up your smartphone memory and storage regularly is important to provide the device with additional resources when running applications.
Not running the latest version of Audible and your smartphone might be the cause of this problem.
In that regard, our next solution is associated with updating both Audible and your smartphone OS.
Let’s begin with the Audible update first.
- Head to the App Store.
- Enter the already installed list or simply search “Audible” in the search field.
- Tap on the app and press the “Update” button that is located in the place of the download button.
- Open the Settings of your iPhone.
- Go to General.
- Under the “About” tab, press “Software Update”.
- Wait for the checker and apply the latest version of iOS.
Note: After updating your iPhone and Audible, we suggest restarting your iPhone.
If Audible shuts down particularly when your iPhone locks, then try disabling the automatic screen lock or lengthen its duration.
If you want your iPhone to lock at some point though, you will be able to choose from given time diapasons.
Here’s how to disable or lengthen the iPhone’ screen locking duration:
- Open the settings on your iPhone.
- Go to “Display & Brightness”.
- From there, choose “Auto-Lock”.
- On the menu that appears, select “Never” or another suitable option.
Note: Having your iPhone’ screen always lit up might cause excessive battery usage.
It is recommended to develop a habit to shut the screen of your iPhone when putting it away.
If nothing worked for you so far, we suggest reinstalling Audible from your smartphone.
There could be corrupted data or specific “bad” files that could impact your application functionality.
The solution includes reinstalling the entire application so here is how:
- Go to the home screen of your iPhone.
- Hold your finger on Audible and wait for the delete option to appear.
- Tap the cross above Audible’s icon to delete the application.
- Head to the app store afterward and download Audible back on your iPhone.
Important: It is of crucial importance that you download Audible from the official App Store.
Don’t use non-trusted sources, since this could also cause your iPhone to get viruses and other key-loggers you don’t want to be on your system.
In case the problem persists and it happens only on the Audible app, contact Audible support.
In case the problem happens with ALL apps on your smartphone contact your developer for more assistance.
Thus, to prevent Audible from shutting down when your iPhone locks, first disable the automatic locking and restart both Audible and your iPhone. Then, update Audible’s application and the iOS of your iPhone. If nothing helps, reinstall Audible.
Now that you know why Audible turns off when screen locks and have figured out how to fix the problem, the execution is the easy part.
A large number of users are getting this blunder with Audible but thanks to our solutions, you should all be able to resolve the problem in no time!
- Shark Robot Vacuum Obstruction Error? (7 Proven Solutions) - December 7, 2023
- My Dyson Hair Dryer Stopped Working? (7 Quick Solutions!) - December 7, 2023
- White Rodgers Thermostat Blinking Flame? (7 Proven Fixes!) - December 5, 2023