In case Crunchyroll Firestick not working, then this is the ultimate guide for you!
Firestick, such as other devices, utilizes an operating system that can develop issues with certain applications and in contrast, these applications can produce bugs and glitches.
In this guide, we’ll address ALL possibilities and make Crunchyroll work on Firestick in no time!
When Crunchyroll is not working on a Firestick, users need to make sure that the device is connected to the internet first and then perform a power cycle to restart ALL services. In addition, the Crunchyroll app should be cleanly reinstalled for the issues to be erased.
Why Does Crunchyroll Not Work On Firestick?
The Crunchyroll application may be giving functionality issues on your Firestick due to many things.
Those can include internet problems, corrupted data, or overfilled app cache on the device. We’ve separated the most frequent cause of the problem below.
Here’s what could be causing the Crunchyroll functionality problem on your Firestick:
- No internet – your Firestick may be disconnected from the WiFi network
- Firestick Issue – the device could be experiencing software-related issues
- Outdated app version – Crunchyroll may be running an outdated version
- Corrupted/glitched data – problematic data with your Firestick or Crunchyroll app may also be causing this problem
- Subscription problem – account problems can cause unexpected issues
Let’s next learn what the solution includes and how to solve the problem in no time!
Crunchyroll On Firestick Not Working On Firestick – Fixed
To solve the problem we’re going to undertake a short list of solutions that will address each and every possibility in chronological order.
We strongly recommend not skipping any of the solutions for the best effect of the troubleshooting. Let’s jump right in!
Solution #1 Hard Reboot Firestick
The first you should do to your Firestick to make Crunchyroll work is to perform a hard reboot.
This method also referred to as a power cycle, will discharge your Firestick out of any remaining electricity, restart ALL services, and refresh the software (OS).
To perform a hard reboot, follow these instructions carefully:
- Turn off your TV using the remote.
- Wait for a few seconds and unplug the Firestick from the TV.
- Standby for around 5 minutes while the Firestick is disconnected
- Reconnect the Firestick to your TV.
- Reselect the source if your TV has deselected it.
- Check if the Crunchyroll app is going to work now.
Note: Keep the Firestick disconnected from your TV for at least 5 minutes or the hard reboot won’t give the anticipated results.
Solution #2 Reconnect Firestick With WiFi
As all platforms do, Crunchyroll also requires a reliable internet connection to grant you access to the streaming anime content.
If your Firestick got disconnected from the network as a result of a network outage or router issue, you will have to reconnect the device to the WiFi.
Follow these instructions to get your Firestick reconnected with the WiFi in easy steps:
- Open the Settings of the Firestick.
- Go to the “Network” tab from the menu list.
- Wait for the checker to scan for networks.
- Select your home network from the list of available options.
- Enter the network security key using the on-screen qwerty keyboard.
- Hit the “Connect” key to pair your Firestick to the WiFi.
- Check if the issue with Crunchyroll still persists.
Note: If you've selected an incorrect network or entered a wrong password, the connection with the internet on your Firestick will fail.
Solution #3 Update Crunchyroll/Firestick
When your Firestick is running an outdated software version, this may also result in a variety of problems with the installed applications, such as Crunchyroll.
Updating the Crunchyroll app on your Firestick may solve the problem you’re experiencing.
Let’s first start with updating the version of the Crunchyroll app on your Firestick:
How to Update Crunchyroll’s Version?
- From the Settings tab of your Firestick, go to “Applications”.
- Select “Appstore” from the settings on your screen.
- Enable the “Automatic Updates” function on the screen.
- Wait for Firestick to validate the applications installed along with Crunchyroll.
How to Update Firestick Software?
- Go to the Settings of your Firestick.
- Head to the “My Fire TV” tab.
- Select the “About” tab.
- Choose the “Check for Updates” tab.
- Wait for your Firestick to check for available updates.
- Apply any new software versions.
Tip: Test if Crunchyroll works both after updating the app itself and the OS of your Firestick.
Solution #4 Clear Crunchyroll Cache & App Data
Overillfed app cache and app data may cause a variety of problems with the installed applications on our Firestick.
This data carries information about the user’s activity and when not cleared for a long time, it makes the device slower and causes application problems.
Here’s how to erase the cached data files on your Firestick with easy steps:
- On your Firestick, go to Settings.
- Open the “Applications” tab.
- Head to “Manage Installed Applications”.
- Locate the Crunchyroll tab and select it with the checkbox.
- On the menu, choose Clear Cache and then press Clear Data.
- Repeat for all apps installed on your Firestick.
- Exit the menu and check if Crunchyroll is going to work now.
Tip: If you clear all of the app data and cache your Firestick has developed, it will boost its overall performance and productivity.
Solution #5 Reinstall Crunchyroll App
Reinstalling the Crunchyroll application on your Firestick will help when there is corrupted data related to the particular application.
That also applies when other streaming applications are working just well, only Crunchyroll is delivering problems.
Follow these instructions to reinstall Crunchyroll on your Firestick:
- Go to the Settings of your Crunchyroll app.
- Head to the “Storage” tab.
- Next, access the “Manage Installed Applications” menu.
- Locate the Crunchyroll app from within the menu with installed apps.
- Open the functions and press “Uninstall” to remove the Crunchyroll app.
- Head to your Firestick’s app store and reinstall Crunchyroll.
- Wait for Crunchyroll to install and log in to your account.
- Check if the problem with the Crunchyroll app is now resolved.
Note: To reinstall Crunchyroll back to your Firestick, the device must be connected to the internet.
Solution #6 Renew Premium Subscription
If you’re using a premium subscription with Crunchyroll on your Firestick, chances are that you haven’t paid for the plan and Crunchyroll has denied your access.
Keep in mind that this solution will only help users who have subscribed to Crunchyroll Premium on their account through Firestick.
To manage and pay dues towards you in regard to your premium Crunchyroll subscription, press the “Premium” button on the top of the home page.
That will send you to the screen where you can re-apply for the paid Crunchyroll versions and verify your payment credentials.
Notice: Ensure that you have enough funds in your bank account or wallet service to cover the fees of the premium Crunchyroll subscription.
Solution #7 Reset Your Firestick
If nothing worked so far to resolve the Crunchyroll Firestick not working problem is still there, a factory reset on your Firestick should be able to help.
This is the last and most drastic measure against the problem so be cautious when performing the steps!
Alert: The factory reset will completely erase all data stored on your device!
Here’s how to factory reset your Firestick in easy steps:
- Head to the Settings tab of your Firestick.
- Press “My Fire TV” and browse the tab.
- Scroll down and locate the “Reset to Factory Defaults” option.
- To start, highlight and select the “Reset” button.
- Wait for your Firestick to undergo the reset sequence and reboot.
- Reinstall the Crunchyroll app from the app store.
- Check if the problem with the Crunchyroll app is now fixed.
Note: You should not unplug your Firestick while the reset is still going. This may impact the operating system of the device.
Hence, the Crunchyroll application is not working on a Firestick because of the lack of an internet connection or due to corrupted cache data or operating system.
We’ve learned that the solution includes a clean start both for the Firestick and the Crunchyroll app.
Here we’ve learned why the Crunchyroll Firestick not working problem occurs and how to solve the issue in a few easy solutions.
However, in case the problem persists, you should test Crunchyroll on another device to make sure that there is no temporary server outage.
In case the Crunchyroll servers are down, waiting for a couple of hours is all you need!
- How to Use Sengled Bulb Without Hub? – Complete Guide - September 26, 2022
- How to Fix Crunchyroll Offline Viewing Not Working? - September 26, 2022
- Graco Swing Not Working When Plugged In? – Complete Fix Guide - September 26, 2022