Is your Sound bar not working with Amazon Prime? No worries!
There are quite a few requirements for your soundbar to output the Amazon Prime audio and a bunch of factors regarding your TV sound settings.
In this guide, we’ll unwrap everything and help you establish your Amazon Prime – soundbar audio connection in no time!
When the soundbar is not connecting with Amazon Prime, users need to restart their equipment and adjust the TV audio settings accordingly. The next step is to update the firmware of both the system and Amazon Prime app, to boost the compatibility.
That’s only a part of the solution so keep reading to solve the problem permanently!
Why Is Sound Bar Not Working With Amazon Prime?
There are quite a few possibilities as to why the soundbar won’t be able to output Amazon Prime’s audio.
The very first step is to identify whether the problem appears only on Amazon Prime or whether other applications are affected by the problem as well.
Here are the reasons why Amazon Prime audio will not work with the soundbar:
- A fault with the equipment
- Soundbar to TV connection
- The TV audio output settings
- Outdated firmware
- Internal soundbar problem
The problem you’re experiencing is definitely related to one of the above-described bullets and in the guide below we’ll make sure to address each possibility.
Let’s jump right in!
Amazon Prime Video App Not Working With Sound Bar – FIX
Since Amazon Prime doesn’t have an audio setting of its own, it will inherit your device’s audio settings.
Unlike other platforms that let you select the output audio device, here you will mainly have to work with your own device’s audio settings.
Also how they transfer and connect with the Amazon Prime video application.
Follow the instructions to get the problem with your sound bar and Amazon Prime resolved:
Solution #1 Reboot Your System
The first thing that you should attempt is to reboot your system.
The problem you have with the sound bar could be mainly occurring due to a false startup of your device or a software bug with the Amazon Prime video application.
A reasonable and effective solution is to restart the app and then reboot your system!
Follow these instructions on your TV or another device to reboot it:
- Exit the Amazon Prime application on your TV.
- Go to the power settings of your device or turn it off using the remote (only for TV).
- Wait for a couple of minutes while the device is off.
- Turn the device back on using the remote or the power button.
- Re-launch the Amazon Prime application.
- Check if your soundbar would now outputs the sound of Amazon Prime video.
When the equipment is restarted, this will provide a fresh start for the Amazon Prime application and audio output services, which might just be enough to solve the problem.
Feel free to test.
Note: Make sure that your TV's sound is not muted or lowered all the way down!
Solution #2 Adjust TV Audio Settings
Connecting the cable of your soundbar or pairing it to Bluetooth, doesn’t certainly switch your TV’s output directly to the soundbar.
There is an adjustment meant that may be required in your device’s audio settings, to make the soundbar work within Amazon Prime video.
Most universally, here’s how to adjust your TV’s audio settings:
- Verify that the soundbar is connected to your TV.
- Get your TV remote and head to the settings.
- Navigate to the Audio settings tab.
- Go to the “Devices” tab.
- Press the slider to select the “Output” device.
- Choose your soundbar’s name from the list with available outputs.
Adjusting the audio settings could be especially tricky if you have more than one audio device connected.
In the output devices list, within the TV’s audio settings, search for an option that matches the name or serial number of your soundbar.
Tip: You can find the serial number of the soundbar on a sticker, attached to the bottom.
Solution #3 Update TV & Amazon App Firmware
Keeping your devices and applications updated is always a priority regardless.
With outdated versions, new bugs such as the one you’re experiencing could upheave and trouble you while enjoying the variety of TV shows and movies Amazon could offer.
The next step is to update the firmware of your TV and Amazon application:
How to Update TV Firmware?
- Open the Settings of your TV.
- Go to “Software Update”.
- Press “Check for Updates”.
- Select “Update”.
- Wait for the TV to update.
How to Update Amazon App Firmware?
- Go to the App Store of your device.
- Head to “Manage Installed Apps”.
- Select the Amazon Prime video app.
- Press “Update”.
- Wait for the app to finish updating.
With the freshly updated software, test the audio from Amazon Prime!
Solution #4 Reinstall the Amazon App
Before physically interacting with your system and setup, you should give the Amazon app a reinstall to figure out how that would go.
Clean reinstallation is always one of the most efficient approaches to such problems so it’s worth the try.
Follow these instructions to get the Amazon app reinstalled on your device:
- Open the Settings of your TV or streaming device.
- Head to “Storage”.
- Enter the Apps section.
- Use the search field or manually locate the Amazon app.
- Press the three dots to open the functions of the app.
- Select “Uninstall” to remove the Amazon app.
- Head back to the App Store of your device.
- Install the Amazon app again.
When the update is over, open the application, log in to your account and test whether the sound will come from your soundbar.
In case it doesn’t proceed with the next step!
Solution #5 Reconnect the Soundbar
If you’re still unable to make your soundbar work with Amazon Prime video, perhaps there’s a fault in the physical connection with the TV.
You should reconnect the soundbar from your TV and refresh its output audio, which in most cases turns out to be helpful.
Here’s how to reconnect the soundbar from your TV or other media streaming device:
- Go to the back of your TV.
- Identify which one of the cables is your soundbar connected with.
- Disconnect the sound bar’s cable from the back of your TV.
- Detach the soundbar’s power cable as well.
- Wait for a couple of minutes for the soundbar to power cycle.
- Reconnect each cable respectively into your TV.
- Check if the problem with Amazon Prime video is still there.
If that doesn’t seem to resolve the problem, you should connect your soundbar to the TV using an alternative HDMI or AUX cable, based on the soundbar’s technology.
Tip: In case the issue is persistent, plug your soundbar into another HDMI or AUX port.
Solution #6 Reset the Soundbar
Another effective solution that you should attempt is to reset your soundbar.
A reset will erase all software configurations made to your soundbar and wipe the firmware clean.
If you had made any changes to the soundbar’s audio settings, they will be removed in the reset.
Based on the type of your soundbar, the reset process could be different!
Here’s how to universally update your soundbar (some menu options might not align)!
- Make sure that your soundbar is plugged into the power.
- On the unit, locate the volume up, power, and input select buttons.
- Press and hold all of these buttons simultaneously.
- Count for 5 seconds and then unplug your soundbar.
- Reconnect your soundbar back to the power as you release the three buttons.
- Press the power button on your soundbar.
- Check if the device is reset.
Tip: Check in the owner’s manual to find out more info about the reset and how to trigger it.
Thus, to fix a soundbar that does not work with Amazon Prime users need to adjust the TV audio settings and power cycle the entire equipment. The next step is to perform an update, reinstall the Amazon Prime app and reset the soundbar to factory settings.
Now that we’ve learned why sound bar not working with Amazon Prime, we can solve the problem and start enjoying our favorite shows.
The one thing we’ve learned in this guide is that the TV output settings are important in regard to whether the audio from applications will come out and that the correct output device has to be selected.
We hope that this post was helpful and for more relevant content check our blog!
- JBL Endurance Peak 2 Right Earbud Not Working? – Fix Guide - March 14, 2023
- Why Does My TCL Roku TV Keeps Restarting? – Easy Fix Guide - March 14, 2023
- Why Is Hulu Sound Out Of Sync? – Fix in Minutes! - March 14, 2023