Amazon Prime not working on Sharp Smart TV and you don’t know how to handle the issue? You’re at the right place!
Amazon Prime is a widely available platform, for many TVs, streaming sticks, cable boxes, and online services.
However, any unwelcome streaming problems with the client are something no one should overlook. That’s why the Amazon community has come up with the best solutions!
To fix when Amazon Prime isn’t working on your Sharp TV, force close the client and then hard reset your Sharp TV. After that, erase the piled-up app cache of Amazon Prime, update it to the latest available version and then reinstall it on your TV.
Here’s more about the problem’s nature and Amazon’s compatibility with Sharp TVs!
Is Amazon Prime On Sharp Smart TV Available?
Before we jump in with the guide, it’s only appropriate to learn more about the compatibility between Amazon Prime Video and Sharp TVs in general.
There is a thing worthy of mentioning:
Amazon Prime Video is only available to Sharp TVs using SMART or Android Software.
If your TV doesn’t use either of these, your only option for watching Amazon Prime is through a third-party streaming device.
Such could be Firestick, Chromecast, Apple TV, Roku, and much more currently available in the market.
For Sharp TVs that come along with smart software, the Amazon Prime Video app will be available in the device’s app store, free to download.
As long as you have everything correct with your Amazon monthly subscription, Prime streaming will remain one of your TV’s perks!
And now, let’s learn more about troubleshooting this problem!
Amazon Prime Not Working On Sharp Smart TV – Fixed!
After going through what could potentially cause issues with the Amazon Prime Video app on your Sharp Smart TV, it’s time to troubleshoot!
Make sure to be paying attention to the upcoming minutes, because we’re about to work on the best fix solutions of 2022!
Let’s jump in with the guide!
Solution #1 Force Close the Amazon App
The first thing you could try is to Force Close the Amazon App and then reboot the software of your Sharp TV.
This is done really easily and shouldn’t take longer than 2-3 minutes, based on how quickly you act.
Force closing an application means completely shutting off your TV and waiting for a certain interval of time.
Follow these instructions to force close the Amazon App and then reboot your TV:
- Using your Sharp TV remote, press the Home Button.
- Exit the Amazon Prime app.
- Wait for 15 seconds for the Amazon Prime app to fully close.
- Using the remote again, press the Power Button to turn off the TV.
- Wait for 60 seconds while your Sharp TV is turned off.
- Reboot the device by pressing the power button again.
Once you’ve given your Sharp TV a good restart, re-launch the Amazon Prime app and see how it goes.
It may take a while for the app to load once your Sharp TV got restarted.
Note: It’s important to keep the TV turned off for at least 60 seconds before retrying Amazon.
Solution #2 Hard Reset your Sharp Smart TV
If a simple reboot didn’t work, then perhaps a Hard Reset would perform well in your situation.
- A Hard Reset mainly consists of disconnecting your TV device from the power outlet
This is another technique that’ll allow your TV to discharge its current electricity charge and refresh both its hardware and software.
This is a great solution for whenever your TV is having either application or settings problems.
Here’s how to perform a Hard Reset on your Sharp Smart TV:
- Using the remote, turn off your TV.
- Stand by for 15 seconds.
- Disconnect the Power Adapter of the device.
- Wait for another full 5 minutes, until your TV finishes discharging.
- Re-install the power cable of the TV back into the power source.
- Turn on the device using the remote.
- Wait for the TV to launch.
- Test the Amazon app.
Keeping your TV disconnected for longer will only have positive effects on the functionality of the device.
However, plugging your TV straight away will not allow it to discharge completely.
Tip: Once your TV starts feeling completely cold on touch, it has successfully discharged.
Solution #3 Validate the TV’s WiFi Connection
The next factor that could be causing issues with the Amazon Prime app on your Sharp Smart TV is the WiFi connection.
If there’s a fault with your TV’s internet connection, none of the platforms that require a valid WiFi/Wired connection will be active, including Amazon.
That’s why your next step is to validate the TV’s WiFi connection and make sure that the incoming signal is strong enough and reliable.
Here’s how to check/reconnect the WiFi:
- Press the Menu Button on your remote.
- Highlight the Initial Setup option.
- Head to “Internet Setup”.
- Bring up the Network Setup page.
- (Optional) Check if your TV is already connected.
- Select “WiFi” as a connection method.
- Choose your home WiFi network from the list of networks.
- Insert the password for your WiFi network using the QWERTY keyboard that’ll appear.
- Press “Connect”.
- Test Amazon Prime…
If your Sharp TV manages to connect with your home WiFi network, it will display “Connected” on the screen and bring you back to the home page.
Note: Once at the home page, you’ll be able to test whether Amazon Prime now works.
Solution #4 Clear Cache for Prime Video
Perhaps, too much app cache is causing Amazon Prime Video to malfunction on your Sharp TV.
As the title of this solution suggests, your next step should be to clear any piled-up app cache with the Amazon Prime Video app on your Sharp TV device.
- Clearing app cache should be done often, to avoid too much cache data piling up!
Here’s how to clear the app cache of your Amazon Prime Video app on Sharp TV:
- Launch the Settings menu.
- Navigate to “Apps” (based on the TV model, could also be “Storage”).
- In the following tab, highlight the “Clear Cache” button at the top of the page.
- Press the “OK” button, to begin the app cache clearing.
- Wait for the app cache to be cleared.
NOTICE: On older smart models of Sharp TV, you might have to clear the app cache individually for each application.
With the instructions above, you’ll be able to erase all piled-up app cache on your Sharp TV so far.
Solution #5 Update the Amazon Prime App
Chances are that the Amazon Prime Video app is running an old software version.
- Manually updating apps is only available for Android Sharp TVs!
If that’s the case, then your next move should be to check if there are any available updates for your Amazon Prime Video app and apply them.
Here’s how to update Amazon Prime Video:
- Launch the Google Play Store on your Sharp TV.
- Press the search field and locate the Amazon Prime app.
- Press the “Update” button.
- Once the update has been triggered, wait out its full duration.
Enabling ‘Automatic App Updates’ for Sharp Roku TVs:
- Head to Home > More Apps > “Auto Update Apps”
This will cause all of the installed apps on your Sharp Roku TV to be automatically updated, periodically.
Alert: Do not cancel an ongoing update, or it may cause corrupted data with the client.
Solution #6 Reinstall the Amazon App
If nothing worked so far, then you should Reinstall the Amazon Prime Video app!
Chances are that the client has encountered a fatal error that no amount of troubleshooting could handle.
The most adequate approach in such a situation is to uninstall the app and then re-acquire the client from your Sharp TV’s app store.
Here’s how to reinstall the Amazon app in easy steps:
- From the Home screen, scroll to Settings.
- Under the “Device” tab, select “Apps”.
- Press “Downloaded apps”.
- Locate the Amazon Prime Video app and select it.
- Press “Uninstall”.
- Hit the “OK” button.
- Once the app is removed, re-acquire it from the app store.
After Amazon Prime Video gets installed back onto your Sharp TV, sign into your account and test the platform.
Alert: Uninstalling the app will revert any established settings back to factory values.
Thus, to fix when Amazon Prime not working on Sharp Smart TV, force close the app and then perform a ‘Hard Reset’ on your Sharp TV device.
After that, clear the app cache for the Amazon App, update the platform and if nothing worked, reinstall the client.
- Why Won’t My Bush TV Connect To WiFi? (Quick Fix Guide) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Not Turning On? – (Fix In Minutes!) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Sound But No Picture? – Here’s How to Fix! - September 21, 2023