Asking how to set up Gosund smart plug with Google Home? It’s really easy!
All you have to do is get the Gosund smart plug connected to an electrical outlet, add it to the Gosund app and the rest is easy!
We will guide you through all of the instructions important for the process to add your plug-in Google Home!
Let’s jump straight in!
To set up a Gosund smart plug with Google Home, get the Google Home app and install the plug into an outlet. Next, press the “+” icon in the Google Home app and choose your Gosund plug from the list. Follow the rest of the instructions.
Let’s learn more about the plug’s initial setup before we hook it up with Google Home!
Gosund Smart Plug Pre-Google Home (Initial Setup)
Before getting your smart plug connected to Google Home, there’s an initial setup of the plug that you must undergo.
To make the plug discoverable for Google Home, it must be added to the Gosund app, where it will connect with the network globally.
Keep reading to learn how to set up the Gosund smart plug easily:
- Download and install the Gosund application from your device’s app store.
- On the plug, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
- Wait for the device to start blinking.
- Open the Gosund app.
- Choose “Add Device”.
- Tap “Add Manually”.
- Select “Electrical Outlet” from the list of options.
- Tap “Confirm Indicator rapidly blink”.
- Choose the home network of the Gosund smart plug.
- Enter the password for the selected WiFi network.
- Follow the rest of the instructions to finalize the setup.
Make sure to read all of the tips and notes that the Gosund application will provide you with.
They will familiarize you with the plug’s functionality and most of its settings.
Let’s now get the Gosund smart plug connected with Google Home!
Gosund Smart Plug Setup Google Home – Steps!
After getting the Gosund smart plug’s initials set up, it’s time to hook it up with Google Home.
The process is really simple, as long as you meet the essential requirements!
Before you Connect Gosund Smart Plug!
- Register a Google Account
- Establish the login credentials (username/pass)
- Capable of confirming your identity via 2-step verification
Make sure that you cover all of these requirements and only then proceed further!
Step #1 Get & Setup the Google Home App
Your first step to achieving the connection between the Gosund smart plug and the Google Home application is to acquire the Google platform.
If you haven’t yet installed it, it will be available both in the App Store (for iOS) and Google Play (for Android).
To get the Google Home app, follow these instructions:
- On your mobile device, launch the app store platform.
- Tap on the search field and type “Google Home”.
- Press on the search icon.
- Wait for the results to appear.
- Press on the Google Home app result.
- Press the “Download” icon.
- Wait for the Google Home app to install and launch it.
- Login using your Google credentials.
- Add your Google-supported assistant.
If you already have the Google Home application, ensure that it is updated to the latest version.
Running an older version of the platform may cause interference during the setup.
Alert: Make sure to type your Google login credentials correctly before logging in.
Step #2 Install the Gosund Plug Into an Outlet
When you have the Google Home platform, the next step is to install the Gosund plug into an electrical outlet.
This is the way to make your smart plug discoverable for the Google Home application so it could appear later.
Note: If the plug is already installed, proceed with the next step in our guide.
Here’s how to install the Gosund smart plug if you haven’t yet:
- Connect the plug into an electrical outlet.
- Press and hold the Power Button on the plug to put it in “Discovery”/
- Launch the Gosund application.
- Press “Add Device”.
- Follow the instructions to add your smart plug to the application.
Note: Before connecting the plug to Google Home, it must be linked to the Gosund app.
Step #3 Press “Set up Device” in Google Home
Once you have added your smart plug into the Gosund application, you could move on to the Google Home setup process.
In fact, Google has made it as easy as possible to add devices to the application and make them interactable with an assistant.
Launch the Google Home app on your device and press “Set up device” at the top!
Upon clicking the “Set up device” setting in the Google Home platform, you will be instantly redirected to another page.
There, you will be able to establish a profile for the plug and add it to a room or make it default in the Google Home app. Keep reading to learn how!
Note: With older versions of the Google Home app, the “Set up device” button could be located elsewhere or could be labeled differently.
Step #4 Select the Gosund Smart Plug
On the page you’ve been redirected to after pressing “Set up device” is the tab, where you have to select the Gosund smart plug.
Before that, you will have to select that the device works with Google, in order for the compatible devices to occur that you could connect.
Follow these steps to select the Gosund smart plug from the list of devices:
- On the next tab, scroll down and select “Works with Google”.
- On the next page, press the search field.
- Type “Gosund smart plug”.
- Wait for the results to appear.
- Select the model of your smart plug and make sure it is “Gosund”.
Since Google Home supports all kinds of smart plugs, not selecting the exact brand of your device won’t allow the platform to scan correctly.
It will be searching for other plugs, that are not your Gosund device and therefore you won’t be able to add the Gosund plug.
Note: The “Gosund” option will be available under the “Smart Plugs” section.
Step #5 Follow the Rest of the Instructions
Once you have selected your Gosund device from the list of products, all you have to do is follow the rest of the instructions.
They will explain firmly all about the plug’s functionality and how it exactly pairs up with a Google Home assistant.
All you have to do is read the prompts and make sure not to skip any of the tips and notes that have been provided by the application.
Once the setup is a success, the Google Home app will display “Linked” or “Paired” which is what we’re looking for!
That was how to set up Gosund smart plug with Google Home!
Alert: Closing the Google Home app during the process fails the connection!
Gosund Smart Plug Not Connecting To Google Home?
In case the Gosund Smart Plug cannot be discovered in the Google Home app, you need to make sure that the power source is intact.
In addition, check whether your Google Home app and the source device are connected to the internet.
In case that didn’t help, reset the Gosund device by unplugging the plug from the outlet and holding the power button for 10 seconds.
When you’re ready, scroll up and use the steps to set up the Gosund Smart Plug with Google Home.
That should be enough to solve any possible issues with both instances!
Tip: It’s also recommended to reinstall the Google Home app in case the process fails!
Hence, to connect a Gosund smart plug to Google Home, undergo the plug’s initial setup and get the Google Home app. Plug the Gusund plug in an outlet and then choose “Add Device” at Google Home. Select the plug and follow all instructions.
After learning how to set up Gosund smart plug with Google Home we hope that we’ve made the process easier for you now.
The installation of the plug has been made really easy both by the merchants and Google Home themselves.
Enjoy your wireless-controlled plug with the Google Home assistant! If you’re having issues with the setup, contact Google!
To check more of our solutions for your smart-hone issues, enter our technical blog!
- Blink Live View Not Supported? – Complete Fix Guide - December 3, 2022
- Chefman Electric Kettle Won’t Turn On? – Fix Guide - December 3, 2022
- How to Fix Nanit Night Vision Not Working? – Complete Fix! - December 3, 2022