When your Gosund Smart Plug not working with Alexa, the solution is simple!
After a connection problem occurs, the first thing that we should do is check whether the setup process has been done correctly.
This is why in this guide, we’ll learn how to properly connect Gosund Smart Plug to Alexa and troubleshoot any potential issues!
Power Cycle your Echo and the plug to fix when Gosund Smart Plug isn’t working with Alexa. Next, update the Amazon Alexa app to the latest version and reboot your network device. Finally, Factory Reset the Echo device and the Gosund Plug.
First, let’s eliminate any setup issues with the correct guideline!
How to Connect Gosund Smart Plug to Alexa?
Setting up your smart plug before pairing it to Alexa is essential for the process!
Attempting to connect your smart plug directly to Alexa might not be possible if the device isn’t connected to the Gosund app first.
After that, you may head into the Amazon Alexa application and have the “Gosund Skill” enabled and link the plug’s account!
Let’s begin with the essentials of the process:
- Connect your smart plug to an Electrical Outlet.
- Download and install the Gosund smart plug.
- Create your Gosund account.
- Press “Add Device” and set up your plug within the app.
- Once the plug setup is finished, launch the Alexa app.
- Press Menu within Alexa.
- Choose “Skills & Games.”
- Press the search field and locate the Gosund skill.
- Select “Enable to Use.”
- Continue following the instructions.
To finalize the process, you must insert the Gosund account’s login credentials with the plug.
After that, the plug will be accessible by your Alexa anytime!
If that setup didn’t work for you, keep reading our solutions!
Gosund Not Working With Alexa – Easy Fix!
Troubleshooting your plug is easy as long as you have a detailed guide to follow.
Follow our chronological solutions to achieve the best results in that set of thoughts!
Let’s jump right into this!
Solution #1 Power Cycle the Plug/Reset
Assuming that your plug is not discoverable by the Alexa app, a Power Cycle would help!
This is one of the forehead ways to approach the issue, but it’s always the best first step.
It will help to refresh ALL services, after which we should attempt to set it up again!
How To Power Cycle Gosund Plug:
- Press the Power Button on the plug.
- Wait for the device to shut down.
- Disconnect Gosund from the electrical outlet.
- Stand by for 5 minutes.
- Re-attach the plug to the power source.
- Turn on the device.
- Test the device’s functionality.
Once the plug is reconnected to power, pay attention to the blinking LED. If the indicator is flashing, then this means that the plug is online.
Attempt to pair it to the Alexa app!
How to Reset Gosund Smart Plug?
An alternative way to refresh your Gosund plug is via the Reset.
This will cause an entire software restart of the device and is more advanced than a simple reboot.
- Simply disconnect the plug and hold the Power Button for 10 seconds!
Alert: Keep holding the power button while connecting the plug to the power.
Solution #2 Reboot the Network Device!
In case of a WiFi outage, you won’t be able to connect your Gosund Plug to Alexa!
What you should do at this point is to perform a reboot on your network device.
This way, you’ll have your network refreshed and bring it back online if it has been experiencing issues.
Without internet problems, the Gosund Smart Plug should be able to connect to Alexa!
How to reboot a Network Device (Router/Modem):
- If your device has a Power Button, press it.
- Wait for the unit to Shut Down.
- Disconnect the Power Cable of the device.
- Wait for 5 minutes while the network device is discharging.
- Reconnect the power cable back into the respective slot.
- Turn on the device.
As all network devices do, yours must also have LED indicators on the top. Look at the power indicator and determine whether it blinks or not.
In addition, test your internet connection before proceeding further. It’s pointless to attempt anything else!
Tip: Use a secondary device to justify that the WiFi/internet is currently working!
Solution #3 Update the Alexa Application
Chances are that the Alexa application is running an Outdated Software Version.
To resolve this, you will have to trigger a software update from your application’s app store and let the platform receive the latest version.
Applications (especially mobile) are well-known to function improperly when not updated or running old firmware versions.
How to update the Alexa app:
- On your mobile device, access the App Store/Google Play.
- Press “Manage Installed Apps”.
- Locate the Amazon Alexa application.
- Press “Update” on the app.
- Wait for the update to trigger.
Once you press “Update”, a bar will appear that indicates the download speed and the update’s progress.
Once the bar reaches 100%, the Amazon Alexa app will be updated, and you can test connecting your Gosund Smart Plug using the steps in the beginning.
Note: Also update your Gosund Smart Plug application!
Solution #4 Reset the Alexa Speaker!
In case the Gosund Smart Plug can’t be discovered, perhaps something is wrong with the Alexa-enabled device.
In that set of thoughts, we will reset the speaker and test whether the Gosund Smart Plug can connect then.
Following the instructions below, reset your Alexa speaker!
- Launch the Amazon Alexa app.
- Head to “Devices”.
- Select “Echo & Alexa” at the top.
- Choose the problematic speaker.
- Scroll down and select “Factory Reset”.
- Confirm the process.
Alternative Alexa Reset Method:
Press and hold the Power Button of Alexa for 15 seconds! Holding the power button for this time will trigger a hard reset for the device.
It will refresh ALL services and processes, allowing you a fresh attempt to connect the plug.
Note: Keep in mind that a hardware reset won’t erase all settings of the speaker!
Solution #5 Reinstall the Amazon Alexa App
The next reason for inappropriate Gosund smart plug connection is App Data Issues.
If the Amazon Alexa app has developed a software problem, reinstalling it is the way to go.
All corrupted data and the Amazon Alexa app cache will be resolved at once!
How to reinstall the Amazon Alexa app:
- Open your device’ Storage Settings.
- Navigate to “Apps”.
- Locate the Amazon Alexa app.
- Press “Uninstall” to remove the Alexa app.
- Wait for the app to be deleted.
- Access your device’s App Store.
- Download the Amazon Alexa app again.
- Sign back into your account.
- Hook up your Echo device.
- Attempt to connect the Gusund Smart Plug.
After downloading the Amazon Alexa app, you may get prompted whether or not to enable “Automatic Updates.”
Press “Allow”, to keep your application always up to date!
Note: Type down your login for the Amazon Alexa app before uninstalling.
Solution #6 Fix Plug’s Connection Problems
In case your Gosund Smart Plug not working with Alexa, perhaps connection issues are the case.
There are certain circumstances where your plug will lose connection to the WiFi and won’t become discoverable by the Alexa assistant.
Connection problems occur whenever the plug is disconnected from the WiFi
To resolve connection issues, try the following things:
- Validate the WiFi password during the plug setup
- Place your plug closer to the network device
- Connect the plug ONLY to a 2.4GHz network
- Remove large objects blocking your router’s signal
You should also check in with your ISP in case there’s an outage or maintenance you should be informed of.
In such a case, wait for the outage out and test again!
Note: Test your plug’s connection to Alexa after applying each of the following methods!
Thus, the solution to Gosund plug-Alexa connection problems is to Power Cycle both devices. The next step is to update the Amazon Alexa app, before resetting your internet connection. In case nothing helps, perform a Factory Reset on both devices!
Today we’ve learned how to fix a Gosund Smart Plug not working with Alexa!
Although the resolution is not complex, you still have to pay attention to our solutions and read them carefully.
If anything further occurs, it’s best to contact Amazon Customer Service for help.
To explore more easy solutions, check out our online technical blog!
- Blink Live View Not Supported? – Complete Fix Guide - December 3, 2022
- Chefman Electric Kettle Won’t Turn On? – Fix Guide - December 3, 2022
- How to Fix Nanit Night Vision Not Working? – Complete Fix! - December 3, 2022