Roku not connecting to TV can be frustrating especially when you sit with your whole family to enjoy your favorite show. Technology can sometimes be frustrating, especially if you do all the steps right and the TV is still not connected or it is not working properly.
Roku devices are no exception to this either. You can be faced with various issues, starting with your Roku connected but not working or simply your Roku has no signal on HDMI.
Regardless of the issue, the result is the same- no program and no clue what to do. We can help you with some of the problems you might encounter.
How to Fix Roku Not Connecting to TV?
The reason for non-connection can be many. We have put together the most common reasons along with their fix methods.
Roku No Signal on HDMI
There are various reasons why Roku is not connecting to the TV. Your first step should always be when it comes to technology to restart your device. If that hasn’t helped you can read here how to solve some common issues. If your TV is displaying No signal across the screen try the following:
- Unplug the AC power plug from the wall. You don’t have to switch off your TV or your Roku
- Press the Power button on your TVs remote and hold it for 30 seconds. (Your TV is on but unplugged from the wall)
- After 30 seconds plug in the plug and turn your TV on
- Go to Roku and it should be working
No Picture but There is Sound
If your TV showing no picture but you have the sound, here is how to fix it
- Check the HDMI cable, is it plugged in correctly and not just halfway. Is it damaged in any way? If not, proceed
- Unplug the HDMI cable, TV and Roku from the wall socket and keep it unplugged for 10 minutes
- After 10 minutes check if your picture has appeared on your TV
Image normal but no sound
- Go to Settings and press Audio
- If you have an optical cable for audio input then set the audio to Dolby digital
- If you are connecting using HDMI, you should set the audio to Dolby digital/DD+
Roku Connected but not Working
You may also have this problem, where it says that Roku is connected but simply not working. Here is what to do:
- Go to the System and check System update
- If your system needs to be updated, press Update
- Restart your device
This simple step can solve your issue with Roku being connected but not working. It will also resolve some bug problems if you had some.
Roku 4K video is Not Working
If your Roku is not connecting to the TV and you are sure that your TV supports 4K, check if you are plugged into the correct HDMI port. Not all HDMI ports are HDCP 2.2 compliant, you should check the user manual to be sure which port is 4K compatible and that should work well.
Your Roku Device is Overheated
If you have multiple devices next to or on top of each other, you may experience overheating problems. If your device is very hot, unplug it immediately and also disconnect all cables.
Wait for a minimum of ten minutes before plugging it in again. Some of the Roku devices have an LED light on the front and if the bright red light is on, this means that it overheats.
If it is still hot, even after you have turned it off, or you see the red LED light on, repeat the process. If the problem persists, you may have a hardware problem and you should contact Roku directly.
Roku Not Working Due to Insufficient Power
You may have problems with your Roku because it does not receive enough power. Sometimes your TV has several USB ports and you think it’s OK to plug in your Roku stick or Roku Express to absolutely any port.
The problem with the USB ports is that not all of them are capable of giving enough power and some of them were not even meant to provide any power at all.
Try connecting your USB cable to the adapter you have received with your Roku device. Plug it directly into the wall socket and this should also solve your problems.
Restart Roku or Soft Reset
Some common issues with Roku can include app errors or app crashes, audio and visual problems, blank or frozen screen, etc. For all these problems try to restart the Roku.
Follow these steps to soft reset your Roku with the remote control.
- Take your Roku remote control and press Home five times
- Press Up one time
- Press Rewind two times
- Press Fast forward two times
Follow these steps if you want to restart your Roku from Menus
- Go to the Home screen and select Settings
- Find and press System
- Press Power
- And then press System restart
- On the back of your Roku device, you will see Reset and the button underneath. You will need a paper clip for this.
- Press the button for about a second
- The device should restart without any problems.
As you have seen there may be several reasons why your Roku is not working or why is Roku not connecting to TV. We have offered you many possible solutions some of which are quite simple, such as restarting the device or replacing a faulty cable.
Sometimes there are more serious issues that cannot be solved by simple measures described here.
If you have hardware issues, or you simply cannot get your Roku to start working, you need to contact the Roku and describe your problems to them.
- Sony Bravia Factory Reset Without Remote – Your Complete Guide - June 23, 2022
- How To Know If A Discord Account Is Deleted? – Here’s How! - June 23, 2022
- Paramount Plus App Not Working iPhone? – Here’s How To Fix! - June 23, 2022