Whenever the Paramount Plus not working on PS4 there is a range of possibilities including the application itself, the PS4 operating system, and your internet.
The way in which the Paramount Plus application is not working can tell much about what’s wrong.
For example, when not opening at all, there is an application issue and when not streaming, perhaps your WiFi is down.
The Paramount Plus application will not work on PS4 when there is no WiFi and when your PlayStation is overwhelmed by usage. The solution includes a series of restarts, along with clearing application cached data as well as a clean installation.
Let’s learn more.
How To Fix Paramount Plus PS4 Issues?
The solutions below will target each individual possibility and help you understand where the problem is coming from.
By following them in the order you’ll be confident that you’re not missing anything and regain access to the Paramount Plus application.
Solution #1 Restart Paramount App & PS4
The first and easiest thing to attempt is to close the Paramount app or browser version and restart your PS4.
Since temporary issues for both the Paramount plus app and browser version can develop upon starting your PS4, restarting the device should help.
Here is how to properly force close the Paramount plus app and restart your PS4:
- Grab your PS4 controller.
- Press the PS4 button in the middle of the controller.
- Once redirected to the home screen, press the upwards arrow once.
- Scroll the horizontal options list towards the end right.
- Press the settings button.
- Choose the Power options.
- Select the “Restart PS4” option from the list.
- Wait for the PS4 to be restarted.
- Test the Paramount plus source.
Note: Restarting your PS4 will close all opened sources for Paramount plus, so make sure to re-open the app once the device starts up.
Solution #2 Connect PS4 To The Network
If your PS4 isn’t connected to the network, Paramount Plus won’t work on the browser or the application version.
Like all other online streaming platforms, Paramount plus also requires an active internet connection to open up in the first place.
Here’s how to connect your PS4 to the network:
- From the PS4 home screen, select the Settings icon.
- Choose Network from the list.
- Tap on Set Up Internet Connection.
- Choose the “WiFI” option from the list.
- Select Easy.
- Wait for the scanner to locate your network.
- Choose your household network and enter the password.
- Finally, choose “Connect” and wait.
Tip: If your network isn’t showing up in the list, make sure that your router is working and spreading the internet signal.
Solution #3 Re-Sign From Paramount Account
Regardless of whether you’re experiencing Paramount plus issues on the browser or the app version, re-logging from your account should solve the issue.
This solution will only help users who can reach the home screen of Paramount and are already signed in to their account.
Here’s how to re-sign/relog from Paramount plus on your PS4:
- From the home screen of Paramount plus, select the cogwheel icon.
- Choose “Sign-Out” from Paramount plus.
- Wait to be redirected to the login screen.
- Insert your account’s login credentials.
- Tap on “Sign-In”.
- Test Paramount plus.
Tip: If you’ve forgotten your login credentials, you can use the “Forgot my password or username” button.
Solution #4 Update The Paramount App
When Paramount Plus not working on PS4 maybe there is a pending update.
This solution will only help users who are having difficulties with the Paramount plus app on their PS4.
We suggest updating the Paramount application’s version to the latest one to solve any compatibility issues with the platform.
Here’s how to update the Paramount plus app on your PS4:
- Go to the home screen of the PS4.
- Highlight the Paramount plus app from the list.
- Press the options button on your PS4 controller.
- After that, select “Check for Update” from the vertical options screen.
- Choose to download & install any pending updates.
- Wait for the update to finalize.
Once the application is updated, you should be able to access the contents.
In case something is still wrong and the app does not work in any variety, maybe there are corrupted files that we’re about to clean in the next solution.
Note: You should also check for pending PS4 updates in the Update tab from the settings.
Solution #5 Clear Paramount App Cache
Such as any other game or application on your PS4, the Paramount Plus creates cached data containing activity, login credentials, and other personalized information.
Sometimes this data could cause issues when opening the application and luckily there is a way to clear it.
Here is how to clear the Paramount app cache data on PS4:
- Open the Paramount application.
- While the application is loading, press and hold the L1 + R1 buttons.
- The cache data would be cleared.
The operation should happen quickly, especially before the application gets closed or emits the error you’re here to solve.
So, right after you open the app, hold the L1 and R1 buttons for about 10 seconds to make sure you’re clearing the cached data successfully.
Note: To remove the cached data for ALL games and applications on your PS4, you should perform a power cycle.
Solution #6 Reinstall The Paramount App
The last and most effective solution is to completely uninstall and install the Paramount Plus application on your PS4.
This way all of the data and application files will be erased and later replaced by a fresh installation.
Here is how to re-install the Paramount Plus application on your PlayStation 4:
- On the Home Screen of your PS4, select the Paramount Plus app.
- Hit the Options button on your controller.
- Choose Uninstall of the menu on the right.
- Go to the PS4 library.
- Make sure that you’re on the “ALL” on the left.
- Select the Paramount Plus application.
- Hit the download button.
This method will cleanly install the Paramount plus application on your PlayStation 4 and hopefully solve the problem you’re experiencing.
Paramount Plus On PS4 Not Working Still…
In case you’ve attempted all of the solutions above but the application is still not working in any variety, maybe there is ongoing maintenance.
The application might be temporarily disabled by the Paramount Plus developers to apply an update.
Another possibility would be that your PS4 is having OS issues and it would require a factory reset to solve the problem.
You should justify this theory by attempting to open other streaming applications and determine whether they will fail as the Paramount Plus.
Why Use The Application?
The last workaround to bypass the application would be to launch the PS4 browser and use Paramount Plus online.
By visiting Paramount plus official website and logging in to your account, you would be able to stream content without having to use the PS4 application.
Thus, to fix the Paramount Plus application on PS4 you should restart both the app and your PlayStation. Then you should reconnect your PS4 to the WiFi and clear the cached data or cleanly install the Paramount Plus application.
Read Next: Paramount Plus App Not Working iPhone?
Now when you’re aware of why Paramount Plus not working on PS4 you’re ready to solve the problem on your own.
Don’t forget that you can always open your PS4 browser and stream Paramount Plus content online, without the application being involved.
- Kwikset Smart Lock Code Change – FoolProof Guide - May 25, 2023
- How to Connect Turntable To Marshall Speaker? - May 25, 2023
- Asko Dishwasher Not Drying? – Complete Fix Guide - May 25, 2023