Netflix not working on Firestick is one of the primary reasons why avid binge-watchers worldwide are stressed out.
For as low as $40, you no longer need to worry about monthly or yearly paid subscriptions to get access to thousands of programs on your television screen.
But if you want to enjoy the most awaited and talked about blockbusters, you can subscribe to Netflix, the leading streaming service here in the United States.
However, issues are not absent from Amazon’s Firestick.
At one point, you may have seen this annoying “Netflix can’t be reached” error message, indicating a possible connection or streaming problem.– Sensemother
We know how stressful this error can be, so we gathered all the possible troubleshooting methods you can do if this entertainment platform is not working on your Firestick.
Amazon Fire Stick Netflix Issues
The annoying “Netflix can’t be reached” message is among the most frustrating errors you can get in the middle of your stream. But before we dive into these methods, let us discuss the possible reasons why these Amazon Firestick Netflix issues occur.
The very first reason why Netflix is not working on your Firestick is because of service issues. When this happens, this streaming service may not also be available to the rest of its users.
So, the quickest way you can identify whether this is your problem is by searching, “Is Netflix down?” on Twitter. But for more accurate results, you can use the Is It Down Right Now website.
Weak Internet Connection
If there is no service outage around your area, the next culprit you may have is a weak or unstable internet connection. Since the Amazon Firestick requires at least 3 Mbps for standard-definition and 5 Mbps for high-definition videos, you should check with your internet service provider if their services meet these minimum requirements.
You can also boost your network connection by moving your router closer to your device or purchasing a WiFi range extender.
Outdated Software and Netflix Application
In some cases, an obsolete Firestick firmware can cause streaming issues. Similarly, an outdated Netflix application may also be why you cannot access your shows on Firestick.
Corrupt Cache or Data
Lastly, a full cache or application data can also cause your program to stop responding. But in other scenarios, it can also lead to frustrating freezes and delayed responses.
Steps to Fix Netflix Not Working on Firestick
Now that we know the causes why this entertainment platform stops responding on your streaming device, let us take a closer look at the possible troubleshooting methods you can do on your own.
1. Update Netflix
Before you try out the other troubleshooting methods, the first step you need to take is to update your streaming service application. These updates automatically take effect by default. But if this option is disabled, here is how you can fix it:
- Go to the Settings menu and click on Notifications.
- Press the Appstore Update message and choose Netflix.
- Select Update and click the OK button.
- Wait for around 5 minutes for the entire process to take place.
- Afterward, relaunch this streaming service and check whether this resolves your issue.
2. Update Firestick Firmware
Aside from your streaming service, you may also need to update your Firestick firmware. You can follow the steps below to guide you:
- Go to the Settings menu and click on System.
- Select About and check whether your firmware is up to date.
- Choose the Check for System Update option
- Wait for the new firmware update to finish downloading.
- Once downloaded, click on the Install System Update option or restart your device.
3. Reinstall Netflix
If you do not see notifications for application or firmware updates, you can try reinstalling this streaming service on your device. Although this step can take a few minutes, depending on your internet speed, it has proven to be effective.
You can follow the steps below to guide you:
- Go to the Settings menu and select Manage Installed Applications.
- Choose Netflix and press the Uninstall option.
- Once it has finished uninstalling, type in Netflix in the search bar
- The reinstall the program.
4. Reset Your Netflix Data and Cache
Stored cache files allow your applications to load and run more quickly. But in some cases, this and your application data can accumulate and even be corrupted. As a result, your device may experience streaming issues. So, if you are thinking about giving your program a fresh start, follow these steps to guide you:
- Click Home on your Firestick and select the Settings menu.
- Choose Applications, and then the Manage Installed Applications submenu.
- Select the Netflix application and press the Clear Data option.
- Scroll down again and press the Clear Cache option.
- Afterward, unplug your Firestick and wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Plug your Firestick, and then relaunch this streaming service.
5. Reboot Your Firestick
If your problem persists, you can also try out this quick and easy step – rebooting your Amazon Firestick. Here is how you can do this:
- Unplug your streaming device from your wall outlet and wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Afterward, plug it back in, and check whether this method resolves your issue.
6. Perform A Factory Reset
If all else fails, the last method you can try out on your own is performing a factory reset on your Amazon Firestick.
However, note that this step differs from rebooting your device because you will lose all your stored data and information, such as your customized settings, downloaded applications, and your log-in credentials.
If you are ready for that, here is how you can do it:
- Go the Settings menu and choose the System tab.
- Select the Reset to Factory Settings option and enter all the necessary information needed.
- Afterward, click on the OK button
- Wait for the entire process to finish.
Igniting the World of Entertainment
The Amazon Firestick provides you with thousands of entertainment content at the palm of your hands. One of which is Netflix, one of the most highly sought-after streaming services worldwide.
But like any other entertainment platform, this application is not faultless. In reality, you can experience tons of streaming and frequent stopping issues. Hopefully, the methods we discussed above can guide you and help you troubleshoot your problems.
GET MORE STUFF LIKE THIS
IN YOUR INBOX
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.