Users often ask, “why my Turtle Beach headset won’t turn off?”. The answer is simple!
Just like any other device, your Turtle Beach headset can develop issues over-time, especially while connected wirelessly to a console.
The not turning off problem has been frequently reported and luckily many users have already discovered the solution!
The Turtle Beach headset won’t turn off whenever the power button is pressed a single time. In addition, when paired to a gaming console the headphones may not turn off until disconnected. Lastly, we can’t exclude a software failure as a possibility that requires some first-hand troubleshooting.
Let’s now take a further look at the possibilities behind the problem and shortly after proceed with the solution guide.
The reason that your Turtle Beach headset refuses to turn off is a glitch or bug with its software.
Most of the users who share this problem report that their headset was completely non-interactive and they couldn’t do anything in regard to its functions.
Here is a small list of all possibilities:
- Frozen headset OS
- Power failure
- Ongoing connection
- The power button is being pressed once
- Not working power button
Luckily these issues can be solved in a variety of ways and next, we’re about to proceed with some proven solutions, shared by users that managed to solve this problem.
Now when you’re aware that the not-turning off problem is software-related, we can proceed with addressing each possibility.
This is why it’s important to follow our solutions in order and not skip any of them.
By the end of this guide, your Turtle Beach headset should be turned off without a problem.
The majority of users managed to shut off their Turtle Beach headset by pressing the power button at intervals.
If there’s a problem with the internal communication of the headset, you may be unable to turn the device off, by pressing the power button only once.
Follow these instructions to shut off your Turtle beach headset the correct way:
- Grab your headset and ensure the blue LED is on.
- Locate the power button, positioned between the “Mute” and “Bluetooth” buttons.
- Press the power button for 10 seconds.
- Release the power button and wait for 5 seconds.
- Repeat step #3 and step #4 several times.
Important: Ensure that you’re pressing the power button all the way down and you hear a click.
The main problem here could be power-related. When most wireless headsets, such as Turtle Beach, run out of power, they usually shut down.
In your case there could be a temporal issue, preventing the device from turning off until charged.
For this solution, you should plug the headset into the charger and attempt to turn it off then.
With the fresh power flow that will come to your headset, you should be able to send communications for the headset to shut down upon pressing the power button for 10 seconds.
Notice: Ensure that both the micro-USB charging cable and the adapter are working.
If charging the headset didn’t help, the hard reset process is your way to go.
This will most certainly shut down the headset and the best thing about it is that it is done directly and you don’t need additional components.
To execute a hard reset on your Turtle Beach headset, follow these instructions:
- Grab ahold of the headset.
- Locate where the power button is positioned.
- On the left and right sides of the power button, there should be respectively the “Mute” and “Bluetooth” buttons.
- Press both the Mute and Bluetooth buttons at the same time.
- Hold both of the buttons for 10 seconds.
- Wait for the blue LED light on the headset to go off.
Tip: If this managed to turn off your headset, press the power button for 5 seconds to turn the device back on.
We assume that you’re using your headset for a PlayStation or an Xbox like most of the users.
If that’s the case, there could be wireless interference with the console while the device is connected.
That may cause an OS blunder with the device whenever the unit’s battery is low.
- For iPhones/Androids, go to Settings > Bluetooth > “Your Turtle Beach headset’s name” > Disconnect.
- For computers and desktop computers, go to the Bluetooth settings through the Windows prompt and tap on “Disconnect” where the headset is.
- For consoles, simply go to Settings > Wireless > Bluetooth and disconnect the headset from there.
Then, attempt to turn off your headset by holding the power button down for 5 seconds.
Tip: To make sure interference does not exist, you should also consider turning the receiver device OFF for the time being.
In case nothing from the solutions so far helped, maybe there is an internal failure with your headphones and you would need a more serious approach.
The factory reset will erase ALL settings and configurations from your headphones, reverting their functionality to default.
To reset the Turtle Beach, you will need the desktop application on your computer or laptop.
Make sure you install it from their official website through this link.
Here is how to factory reset the Turtle Beach headset:
- Open the desktop Turtle Beach app on your computer.
- Go to “Devices” and tap on your headset (assuming you’ve already connected it).
- If the headset is not added still, tap on “Add Device” and wait for the app to discover the headset, wirelessly.
- Next, select your headset’s options.
- Locate the little button on the bottom of the screen, stating “Reset”.
- Tap the reset button and wait for the headset to get rebooted.
Note: Resetting your Turtle Beach headset will result in disconnecting it from all devices it has remembered.
In case you’ve attempted all of the solutions above but none of them helped, then maybe the power button of your device is broken.
We suggest attempting to press and hold the power button by applying force to determine if that would help.
If the problem is nowhere to be found, your next step should be to reach out to Turtle Beach customer service for more help.
Tip: Check if the device’s warranty is intact before you call the support team.
Thus, to fix the problem where the Turtle Beach headset won’t turn off, begin by holding the power button for 10 seconds, then releasing it and holding it again. Proceed with a hard reset after which you should plug the headset into the power and attempt to turn them off again.
In case that does not work, perform a factory reset.
Now that we’ve answered the question “why my Turtle Beach headset won’t turn off?”, and how to fix the problem, you should be able to turn off the device whenever needed.
In case you’re experiencing other issues with your Turtle Beach headset, make sure to check for a solution in our online technical blog!
- iHome Speaker Keeps Disconnecting? Here’s How To Fix! - July 3, 2022
- Sony TV Screen Mirroring Keeps Disconnecting? – Complete Fix Guide! - July 3, 2022
- Can You Undelete A Discord Server? – Complete Guide - July 3, 2022