Wondering why is LG wireless Subwoofer not working? We got you covered!
The LG Subwoofer and Soundbar make a powerful combination for the ideal home theater setup.
It is simple to set up either wired or wirelessly but occasionally the LG wireless Subwoofer stops working, refuses to connect to the LG Soundbar, or fails to play sound.
The LG wireless Subwoofer is not working because it’s too far away from the soundbar, there is signal interference or the pairing was unsuccessful. Furthermore, the reason could be an out-of-date Subwoofer firmware or a problem with the LG Soundbar.
Let’s learn how you can fix your wireless LG Subwoofer not working within quick steps!
How To Fix When LG Wireless Subwoofer Not Working?
If your wireless LG Subwoofer is not working, then it is likely due to a power outage or incorrect configuration setup.
Fortunately, the solution just requires a few minutes and the most important thing to ensure beforehand is that the LG Subwoofer is plugged into a working power source!
Solution #1 Power Cycle LG Subwoofer!
Force resetting the device by power cycling is the first step in fixing your LG Subwoofer.
It’s easy to perform a power circulation and in return, this method can resolve many potential issues with our setup.
Let’s learn how the power is done in easy steps:
- Power OFF the LG Subwoofer.
- Unplug the Subwoofer from the power outlet.
- Wait for about 60 seconds.
- Plug it back into the outlet.
After restarting, power on the Soundbar that is linked to it. A solid green light on the Subwoofer will then indicate that it is working.
To test the sound system, play any audio of your choice.
Solution #2 Decrease Proximity
The LG Wireless Subwoofer is connected to the LG Soundbar via a Bluetooth connection and if your devices are far apart from one another, the connection will drop.
Simply reducing the distance between the LG Soundbar and Subwoofer to optimize and strengthen the connection!
- The installation of the LG Subwoofer & Soundbar must be within 10 feet.
In addition to placing the Subwoofer inside the specified area, it’s crucial that both devices be turned on and correctly paired with one another for optimal performance.
The line of sight between both devices is also important so remove any obstructions in between.
Note: Avoid enclosing your LG Soundbar or Subwoofer to prevent impacting the Bluetooth!
Solution #3 Resolve Bluetooth Interference
The wireless LG Subwoofer only works when connected to the Soundbar via Bluetooth.
However, occasionally the device may have issues just because the connection has been impacted.
Well, certain devices or scenarios might impact the Bluetooth connection so let’s learn more!
Here is how your Bluetooth connection might interfere:
- Another device Bluetooth Signal near to LG Subwoofer
- LG Soundar and Subwoofer don’t have a clear line of sight
- Active wireless devices such as Bluetooth Adapters
- The Subwoofer is already connected via Bluetooth
The only thing you need to do is to identify any Bluetooth-enabled devices that are close to the Subwoofer and make sure they are turned off.
Also, re-enable the Bluetooth on your phone by moving close to the LG Subwoofer and staying this way for the rest of the guide.
Tip: Disconnect your smartphone from any connected Bluetooth device!
Solution #4 Refresh Pairing (Volume Down Setup)
It’s possible that your wireless LG Subwoofer isn’t working because your sound system hasn’t been configured properly.
If you’ve previously set it up, then you should re-pair your sound system so the LG subwoofer can work as intended.
Here is how you can refresh your Subwoofer pairing:
- Power on the LG Subwoofer and LG Soundbar.
- Hold down the Volume down (-) button from the LG remote.
- Wait until the red light illuminates on the Soundbar.
- Press the Unmute button from LG Soundbar for about 5 seconds.
- You will notice the red flashing light on LG Soundbar.
- Press the Pairing button from the Subwoofer’s back for about 5 seconds.
- Red and green lights will start flashing simultaneously on the Subwoofer.
- Unplug both devices from the power outlet.
- Wait for 60 seconds.
- Plug in the Subwoofer first into a power outlet and then Soundbar.
Your Subwoofer will begin working as soon as the devices are turned on and will connect with the Soundbar, which you can recognize by the Subwoofer’s solid green light.
In case the process fails, keep reading to update your setup in the next solution!
Solution #5 Update LG Soundbar Firmware
In case you have tried every method from above but still, your LG Subwoofer is not working, then maybe you’ll need to upgrade the firmware.
It’s important to keep our devices up to date for the latest bug fixes in order to avoid experiencing issues such as the one keeping us here!
Here is how you can update your wireless LG Subwoofer:
- Open the LG Soundbar App.
- Navigate to the app Settings.
- Tap on Version info.
- Tap on the Update button.
- Confirm to start the update.
As the update completes, the LG Soundbar will automatically restart. Now you need to unplug both devices for 60 seconds and then plug them in again.
Only then your LG Subwoofer will start searching for the LG Soundbar and pair, which is what we want.
Note: To perform an update your mobile device has to be connected to the internet!
Solution #6 Reset LG Audio System
In case you’ve attempted everything from the guide above but your LG Subwoofer is still not working, perhaps you’ll need to perform a Factory Reset.
This is the ultimate solution for when our device won’t work as intended and has the highest chance of solving the issue.
- Keep in mind that Factory Reset will erase everything from your LG Subwoofer!
Here is how you can perform a Factory Reset to LG Wireless Subwoofer:
- Power on the LG Subwoofer and LG Soundbar.
- Press the Pairing button from your Subwoofer back.
- Press and hold the Minus Button from Soundbar + Sound Effect buttons!
- Hold both buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds!
- You will see E-CLR on the LG Soundbar, indicating it is in the resetting process.
- As the reset completes, the blinking green light will turn to solid green.
- Simply pair your devices and you are ready to go.
Tip: It is recommended to power cycle your device after resetting!
Solution #7 Switch To Wired Setup (Workaround)
In case the LG sound bar wireless Subwoofer not working still we’ve got a nifty workaround for you.
Instead of using a wireless connection why don’t we test our LG Subwoofer with a wired connection, which is somehow guaranteed?
Note: After switching to a wired connection, you won’t need to use Bluetooth anymore!
For your LG Soundbar wired system setup, you will need to purchase an optical, HDMI, or AUX cable.
Find cables that will work for your wired LG Subwoofer system at the bottom of the guide!
Here is how you can set up your LG wired set up:
- Power OFF the LG Soundbar and LG Subwoofer.
- Unplug the devices from the power outlet.
- Connect one end of the cable to the Soundbar.
- Connect the other end to the Subwoofer.
- Plug the devices into the power outlet.
- Power on the Soundbar and Subwoofer.
After setting up, you need to make sure that your devices are properly paired and have a proper power connection.
Test your system to check if your LG Subwoofer is working or not.
Now that we’ve learned all this, let’s recap everything in this guide!
When your wireless LG Subwoofer isn’t working, you should perform a Power Cycle and close the proximity between both devices. Then we need to upgrade the firmware on the Subwoofer and re-attempt the pairing process to check whether our Subwoofer works!
This guide is all about why the LG Wireless Subwoofer not working and how it can be fixed without any technical steps.
All you need is to make sure that the reconfiguration of your LG Subwoofer with LG Soundbar is correct and it is best if you keep up to date!
In case you’re looking for an audio cable to establish a wired LG Soundbar to LG Subwoofer setup, we strongly recommend the CableDirect High-Speed HDMI Cable.
This way your sound output will be enhanced and you never need to worry about wireless interference anymore!
- Why Won’t My Bush TV Connect To WiFi? (Quick Fix Guide) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Not Turning On? – (Fix In Minutes!) - September 25, 2023
- Bush TV Sound But No Picture? – Here’s How to Fix! - September 21, 2023